Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

51 minutes ago, Colonial Marine said:

I was 166744. Not sure if there was anyone lower.

I ordered at 12:01 and my number is 167004 - what the hell?!

Any information how many copies got sold so far?

7 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I ordered at 12:01 and my number is 167004 - what the hell?!

Any information how many copies got sold so far?

250 orders were placed in the first 3 minutes, probably. 

My order was placed about 15 seconds after it popped up on their front page (I had a plugin refreshing the page every 3 seconds). Each release appeared individually about 6 seconds apart. Potter came up 4th.

I would've been faster but I made sure to double check all my info was accurate. The discounted shipping alert in red really threw my brain out for some reason (I was half asleep). 

2 minutes ago, Molly Weasley said:

Technically according to my computer I ordered at 11:58 and got the confirmation at 11:59...

Same. The product pages went live one at a time starting at 11:58.

By the way, what happened to the JP Collection? Why doesn't this even show up at the LLL website? Is this one sold out?

I bought my HP collection at approximately 12:30. Hopefully they'll be able to send my copy on the 7th. Keeping fingers crossed.

I wonder if LLL would start shipping out early if they received a small initial batch of units earlier than the entire batch (presumably a few thousand units)? 

I'm guessing they'd wait until they can start processing all orders. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

It sold out .

But don't sold out items usually still show up at their site saying it's "sold out"? 

It's like its existence has been deleted. 

Just now, Josh500 said:

But don't sold out items usually still show up at their site saying it's "sold out"? 

No. That was their old website. On the new website, sold out or OOP titles disappear 

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Shit I didn't see the comment above yours and thought for a second the HP set sold out!

Wait couple more hours! 😂 

1 minute ago, Jay said:

No. That was their old website. On the new website, sold out or OOP titles disappear 

Ah OK.

5 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I bet it'll come back. It was one of their best-selling items (I think) and I think that it's going to be relevant again and they'll rerelease it.

Anything's possible.

But I bet that won't happen in the near future. Maybe in ten years.

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Anything's possible.

But I bet that won't happen in the near future. Maybe in ten years.

There's another movie coming out in two years. Maybe that would be a good time.

45 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

You must have Josh500 set to "ignore," just like I do, because I thought the same thing.

Nope, I never set anyone to ignore (don't even know how!) I just somehow skimmed past it. :P

Does anyone know if MM knew about the session leaks, surely after all these years that might've been an impetus to do this set akin to AI and the expanded promo.

I ordered both HP and SL through MusicBox. I'd have loved to give my money directly to LLL, but considering the custom taxes and the hassle of the Christmas timeframe, I preferred to go through an European reseller. I know this means I'll have to wait until January, but I still have Dracula, Saving Private Ryan (which both just arrived in my mailbox) and other stuff to sink my teeth into while I wait :)

23 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I ordered both HP and SL through MusicBox. I'd have loved to give my money directly to LLL, but considering the custom taxes and the hassle of the Christmas timeframe, I preferred to go through an European reseller. :)

I'm curious. So how much did you pay there for both albums plus shipping? 

I paid exactly 146,10 Euros, at the current exchange rate.

I paid € 169 including registered shipping. However, when ordering from extra-UE countries, there are inevitable custom taxes when it arrives here, so I have to add 22% VAT of merchandise value (around € 25 in this case) and € 7,50 Euros franchise clause, so it'd total up as € 174.

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Exactly! They should do it like Intrada and also use their website as an archive, showing their entire catalogue.

Let alone the fact that the album covers aren't available from them any more.

Or samples.

And maybe with some of these releases they could follow Intrada's on demand printing model like with Jaws and Alien instead of a one-off limited batch.

11 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

I paid € 169 including registered shipping. However, when ordering from extra-UE countries, there are inevitable custom taxes when it arrives here, so I have to add 22% VAT of merchandise value (around € 25 in this case) and € 7,50 Euros franchise clause, so it'd total up as € 174.

Where are you from? That price is insane for two sets! I paid 10€ more for 5 sets (one of them HP) and just if I have to pay more than 65€ custom fees, it wouldn't have been worth it ordering it directly from LLL. We'll see...

I'm from Italy. Until 2015, I always ordered directly through LLL because they have the best customer service and I always got them fast and nice. Since then, laws on custom taxes started to be more restrictive and every parcel with a declared value over 22 Euros is charged with VAT and franchise value. There is an escamotàge to avoid being charged the full amount of VAT by asking the sender to declare a lower value of the merchandise on the parcel, but it already happened in the past that some zealous officer then asked to see the invoice as a counter-proof, so it's really up to the situation. Considering it's a bulky package, declaring a $20 value wouldn't probably work. I'm aware MusicBox basically charges for the custom tax value in their retail price, so by all accounts there is no money-saving or real bargain on any front. So, whatever works!

I didn't write anything while ordering 'cause I was too hyped :D Hope there are no big issues with delivery.
This is my first order with LLL, but I never had customs problems before. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I think with customs you just sort of have to accept that it will happen. I don't think I've ever bern charged for large delivery from LLL. It happened only once and quite randomly as it was just 1CD order some years ago. But never with big deliveries (my Black  Friday order last year was worth $130). But, as you say, the size of a delivery might raise a few eyebrows if the price printed on the packaging is suspiciously low. So you can never know. What I do know is that I always get charged when ordering from Varese.

Karol

1 minute ago, crocodile said:

But, as you say, the size of a delivery might raise a few eyebrows if the price printed on the packaging is suspiciously low. So you can never know.

It's not uncommon that stores have CD sales at quite low prices, and the customs guys don't know that CDs from LLL are generally more expensive than, say, from Amazon.

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's not uncommon that stores have CD sales at quite low prices, and the customs guys don't know that CDs from LLL are generally more expensive than, say, from Amazon.

Plus they can be review promos or whatever.

Karol

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Plus they can be review promos or whatever.

Karol

Not a single of my LLL parcels has ever gotten stuck in the customs. Neither have SAE packages like the Blue Box even though it is a pretty big one, certainly as big as the new Potter set. So I don't think that the mere size of the parcel is the factor. If the declared price on the package is $ 15 I don't think the customs have any reason to assume it is worth more just because it is a bigger box.

Unless they are reading these forums and know all about our scheming here. ;) 

14 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I think with customs you just sort of have to accept that it will happen. I don't think I've ever bern charged for large delivery from LLL. It happened only once and quite randomly as it was just 1CD order some years ago. But never with big deliveries (my Black  Friday order last year was worth $130). But, as you say, the size of a delivery might raise a few eyebrows if the price printed on the packaging is suspiciously low. So you can never know. What I do know is that I always get charged when ordering from Varese.

Exactly the same here, Karol. Varese's orders always get charged by customs here as well, who knows why. Also happened with SAE orders several years ago. Never happened to me with LLL orders sent directly from them. I also know people who order vinyls from Mondo and other labels who always get charged.

In the end, I think it's just a random check and a break of luck. So, whatever works indeed.

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

Okay, that's too expensive. 174 Euros, what the hell! There had to be better options.

1 hour ago, TownerFan said:

Really, you have to pay custom taxes for shipping from France to Italy?

2 minutes ago, redishere said:

To make a playlist on my phone and play them all in a row,

not having to select every single one,

open a new tab and wait for them to load one by one :) 
All of this while I'm doing dishes. 

😂 

Just wait the two weeks... It'll be all the sweeter when the set arrives!

30 minutes ago, crocodile said:

In July, I ordered a batch from LLL that was worth 110$ and I didn't have to pay any kind of additional fees.

This time, the package is worth 200$ and God knows what is going to happen.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Exactly! They should do it like Intrada and also use their website as an archive, showing their entire catalogue.

Let alone the fact that the album covers aren't available from them any more.

Indeed. I find it a little strange that they erase all signs of their existence once albums are OOP. 

Even OOP titles are part of their back catalogue, after all. The only question is why would they do that?

9 minutes ago, Holko said:

Really, you have to pay custom taxes for shipping from France to Italy?

No, I was talking about orders from extra-EU countries. Shipping within EU countries is by and large custom-free (at least so far!)

22 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

No worries - I'll alert the Finnish customs authorities about your scheme.

;)

JURASSIC SHAAAAAARKKK!!!!

Kuvahaun tulos haulle gandalf angry shouting

38 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Exactly the same here, Karol. Varese's orders always get charged by customs here as well, who knows why. Also happened with SAE orders several years ago. Never happened to me with LLL orders sent directly from them. I also know people who order vinyls from Mondo and other labels who always get charged.

In the end, I think it's just a random check and a break of luck. So, whatever works indeed.

Well, Varese prints the actual price on the packaging. So that makes perfect sense.

Karol