Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Believe it or not, this was my first time using PayPal

I don't tend to like using it. I prefer a little more control over making payments online - actually doing it myself rather than it going through a third party.

I know it's as safe or safer than entering card details, but it almost makes it too easy to spend more money than I should on these things.

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

If you have a credit card anyway, what's the advantage of PayPal? I still don't quite get it.

You don't directly give your card info to possibly less trustworthy sites, only to PayPal, I guess.

Ease I think. You don't need to do anything except be logged on to PayPal. It also helps when ordering from overseas because it shows you how much you're paying in £, in our case.

11 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Believe it or not, this was my first time using PayPal. Usually I just pay with my credit card, but this time it was only possible through PayPal. I was like "WTH! Don't do this to me now, don't do this to me.... FUUUUUUUUCK!"

That was one reason for the half hour delay! 😂 

Welcome to my world, though I only needed 30 seconds to recover (and the usual keyboard slamming that never helps, of course).

51 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

On day one, at 12:30. With half an hour delay.

That may be my undoing... 😂 

I ordered it at around 12:45, since that was the day I arrived at LA, and at exactly 12 I was speaking with the migration officer, so it wouldn't have been a nice thing to say "can this wait, I need to see if the HP set is up already?", so I ordered it on the cab to the hotel and also had never used paypal before. Anyway, mine changed to awaiting shipping yesterday, so you'll be fine I think.

5 minutes ago, Diego said:

I ordered it at around 12:45, since that was the day I arrived at LA, and at exactly 12 I was speaking with the migration officer, so it wouldn't have been a nice thing to say "can this wait, I need to see if the HP set is up already?", so I ordered it on the cab to the hotel and also had never used paypal before. Anyway, mine changed to awaiting shipping yesterday, so you'll be fine I think.

That sounds like a story that needs to be adapted into a movie! 😂 

21 minutes ago, Holko said:

You don't directly give your card info to possibly less trustworthy sites, only to PayPal, I guess.

yes.

I only pay with Paypal and Amazon online. That's it. Even PSN I buy pre-paid cards with redeem codes

And I always review my orders carefully so it took an extra minute for me

Every day a big company is hacked and someone steals the personal info of millions of people. I keep my online footprint very limited.

8 minutes ago, Diego said:

I ordered it at around 12:45, since that was the day I arrived at LA...

But if you're in LA anyway, you can just pick it up at their offices, right?

1 minute ago, Josh500 said:

Burbank, yes.

Just now, Josh500 said:

I was there only til sunday for a work thing, I'm back at Mexico and I actually had it shipped to Florida, there's a service there that will send it to Mexico with tracking and they'll do the customs clearance for about $19, which is cheaper than most shipping to Mexico (with the exception of Amazon).

8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I wonder how many customers actually come to their office.

This was last year, when the JP Collection was released... :P

images (8).jpeg

Oh my God! 

I literally got an email right this second while I was typing here. It's from LLL, and my order has been upgraded!!!!! 

:jump:

7 minutes ago, Diego said:

I was there only til sunday for a work thing, I'm back at Mexico and I actually had it shipped to Florida, there's a service there that will send it to Mexico with tracking and they'll do the customs clearance for about $19, which is cheaper than most shipping to Mexico (with the exception of Amazon).

Huh? Isn't L.A. much closer to Mexico than Florida?

But whatever. I assume you know what you're doing! 😂 

9 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Huh? Isn't L.A. much closer to Mexico than Florida?

But whatever. I assume you know what you're doing! 😂 

To the frontier sure, but to Mexico City they're actually about the same, LAX to Mexico City is 3 hours by plane and MIA to Mexico Cityt is like 3 and half hours. Anyway the thing is, this service I'm using, Mail Boxes, Etc, is located in Miami so I had to have it sent there. It seems pretty secure which is more important than speed with an item of this price. There are a lot of horror stories of regular mail, which is what LLL would have used from LA.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Ease I think. You don't need to do anything except be logged on to PayPal. It also helps when ordering from overseas because it shows you how much you're paying in £, in our case.

If you let them do the conversion, that is. Which I think is usually slightly more expensive than having your credit card company handle it.

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Okay, my status is still "Awaiting Fulfillment"...

There has to be a logical reason why, at this point, some of us still have "Awaiting Fulfillment" while others already have "Awaiting Shipment"! 

I think it's the difference between having the album sent on December 7th, or at some point later. After all, LLL must know how many albums they're getting with the first batch (maybe 500? Or even 1,000?)... They already know who's getting the albums sent on day one, and who have to wait a bit longer! :(

Remember, somebody (I forgot who) on this forum said that they got one of their orders before the status changed and it still says "awaiting fulfillment/awaiting shipment" to this day. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Just now, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Remember, somebody (I forgot who) on this forum said that they got one of their orders before the status changed and it still says "awaiting fulfillment/awaiting shipment" to this day. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Yeah I need to calm down and stop constantly checking my inbox, forums, etc. for some news of it shipping early. I need to just assume it's not going anywhere Until the 7th and I'll be getting it on the 14th. It'll be easier that way. xD

2 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

Yeah I need to calm down and stop constantly checking my inbox, forums, etc. for some news of it shipping early. I need to just assume it's not going anywhere Until the 7th and I'll be getting it on the 14th. It'll be easier that way. xD

Easier said than done, but yeah.

3 hours ago, OneBuckFilms said:

And... I'm "Awaiting Shipment". One step closer.

That is the status displaying on my order for the past 5 days now.... my Saving Private Ryan order from August is also awaiting shipment. It really doesn't mean anything.

Karol

59 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

My order of SPR and Sup: IV still shows awaiting shipment even though I received them back in July!  🤨

I was ordered home from work today because I'm sick. It would have been an IDEAL day for delivery! 😒

Could I not have been stricken down with the manflu from hell a week from now?! 😂

12 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

My order of SPR and Sup: IV still shows awaiting shipment even though I received them back in July!  🤨

So did you never get a shipment confirmation from LLLEmployee3 or something?

10 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I'm "Awaiting Shipment" now! It's exciting yet it means nothing! Yay!!

It does mean something. That's what I'm telling myself anyway. Thi set is one step closer to its warm welcome.

1 minute ago, TSMefford said:

OMG Me too! I just noticed I'm a regular poster now! 

My memes greatly helped my rep.

Well you've got like 5 times my reputation so i bet you've been on this forum way longer than me.

2 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Well you've got like 5 times my reputation so i bet you've been on this forum way longer than me.

No idea. Lol.

*some time later after a profile glance*

Oh damn I've been here since 2015? Huh.

Just now, TSMefford said:

No idea. Lol.

*some time later after a profile glance*

Oh damn I've been here since 2015? Huh.

I kinda left the forum last year when classes started so that could have hurt my status a bit.

3 hours ago, redishere said:

These HP threads filled with debates and memes in equal parts to deal with this excruciating wait 😂

And it's definitely a good thing.

I hope the memes don't stop once we get our copies. I rather like them.

4 minutes ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

I hope the memes don't stop once we get our copies. I rather like them.

I think once we get our copies, we'll be too busy talking about the music. Memes are only good while we're impatiently waiting for something...

I could be wrong, though. :D

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I think once we get our copies, we'll be too busy talking about the music. Memes are only good while we're impatiently waiting for something...

I could be wrong, though. :D

I accept this challenge 

After I get done listening to the music the first thing I'm going to do is recreate the music that plays during the light show at Universal Studios and hopefully sync it up with a video. In fact, I think I'll do several recreations of music from the Wizarding World. That would be a lot of fun.