Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Just now, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

After I get done listening to the music the first thing I'm going to do is recreate the music that plays during the light show at Universal Studios and hopefully sync it up with a video. In fact, I think I'll do several recreations of music from the Wizarding World. That would be a lot of fun.

That does sound like fun! I haven’t really seen that stuff. Got any reference to look at?

32 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

That does sound like fun! I haven’t really seen that stuff. Got any reference to look at?

With the light show there may be music I can't track in from the films, but with 8 hrs of music I bet i'll be able to.

32 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Let's see, here's mine. My very first meme... 😂 

2o7gaz.jpg

Look at how proud he is.

Well, he should be, it’s one of LLL’s highest ranks!

3 minutes ago, redishere said:

Look at how proud he is.

Well, he should be, it’s one of LLL’s highest ranks!

That look on the girl's face, though. She's thinking, "What shipment? What drugs is he on?"

😂😂😂 

3 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I didn't know the HP Soundtrack Collection was... 🔞

😂😂😂

Too many juicy alternates and bouncy waveforms!

20 hours ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

With the light show there may be music I can't track in from the films, but with 8 hrs of music I bet i'll be able to.

Williams must be fucking minting money with the royalties flowing in through the use of music at all these parks and properties.

Atleast I hope he is. 

23 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Jaws was enough, really!

On a blu ray special feature yesterday, I watched Peter Bogdanovich tell a great story of when he was discussing the career of Leo McCarey with Orson Welles.  Peter lamented that McCarey only directed 3 or 4 great films.  Welles responded, “Well, you only need one.”

3 hours ago, Bilbo said:

I wonder how that works actually. Warner Bros surely have the rights to use the music as they see fit?

I guess. I've heard unreleased music in the parks before, and he even writes new music arrangements for them like he did with the lights.

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Did you happen to hear Remembering Mother (Alternate)

If it has the "Window to the Past" theme, it's possible. They have like a 7 minute loop of that melody.

Just now, crumbs said:

Nah, Williams wrote the original version before coming up with the WTTP theme. We don't even know if he recorded the original version. 

Then we have no way of knowing. How unfortunate.

Well, MM or Jay will hopefully be prepared to clarify whether some of these alternates were or weren't recorded, once the set is in people's hands and we know its contents. At this stage we don't even know what hidden goodies the film score assembly contains!

I'm guessing it wasn't even recorded so it's just a running joke at this point, Mr. Space Pineapple. 

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Well, MM or Jay will hopefully be prepared to clarify whether some of these alternates were or weren't recorded, once the set is in people's hands and we know its contents. At this stage we don't even know what hidden goodies the film score assembly contains!

I'm guessing it wasn't even recorded so it's just a running joke at this point, Mr. Space Pineapple. 

I was always bad with keeping those going.