Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Still no update on mine, it's been in LA for 3 days. Maybe it'll be like the last shipment I had from Varese, where the tracking updates go "stealth" for 5 days then it suddenly appears in my letterbox by surprise. 

30 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I make this strange dream where I ask John Williams to sign my Chamber of Secrets CD, and he signs “William Ross”.

I keep having the same dream when meeting my idols: I ask them to sign something but can't find a pen 😢

Yay! got an update from MV to me. My order is pending because of a certain vampire who is Late. As soon as the Master arrives-the rest will ship! 

Got mine yesterday, but because of previous commitments and a migraine headache, I have only been able to dip in and listen to a few cues.  But they are stunning, and the packaging and notes look good too.  I'm going to set aside part of next weekend to sit with my headphones and really take it all in.  What an amazing release from La-La Land.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Know said:

Got mine yesterday, but because of previous commitments and a migraine headache, I have only been able to dip in and listen to a few cues.  But they are stunning, and the packaging and notes look good too.  I'm going to set aside part of next weekend to sit with my headphones and really take it all in.  What an amazing release from La-La Land.

Congrats! 

Yeah, this is eight hours of music, so I feel like I'm gonna need at least a few weeks (until the New Year, maybe) to take it all in.... To get a good impression of what this set offers, what it actually means to us as JW fans. And of course (not to forget) the tremendous achievement of John Williams himself, which will become fully apparent with this release.

Idiotic question for all you kiddos in Europe and such: are LLL packages usually delivered by delivery guys or postmen?

I mean, will someone ring my doorbell or will the package be angrily pushed into the mailbox or left outside in the rainstorm?

Postal service delivers the LLL packages here in Finland but if you do not happen to be home and if the delivery can't fit through the mail slot, they leave you a note and you can pick the package from the post office, usually on the same day.

10 minutes ago, redishere said:

Idiotic question for all you kiddos in Europe and such: are LLL packages usually delivered by delivery guys or postmen?

I mean, will someone ring my doorbell or will the package be angrily pushed into the mailbox or left outside in the rainstorm?

I'm pretty sure it's not universal in Europe, even within the EU. Depends on which country, and even which location within the country (whether it's in a big city or in a small village)...

3 minutes ago, redishere said:

CB63F89E-F1F8-405D-9420-14808F6727CD.jpeg

That's kind of offensive to the cake cat! 😂🐈

3 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

My package is literally 5 minutes in walking distance from my house right now. So close I can taste it!

So you can basically see the mailman approaching from the distance!? 😂 

@Manakin Skywalker And don't forget to take and post pictures! 

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So you can basically see the mailman approaching from the distance!? 😂 

@Manakin Skywalker And don't forget to take and post pictures! 

Nah, I live near the post office, which isn't open yet.

Unfortunately, due to bizarre money-related circumstances, I may not be able to open it until Christmas... If I do end up opening it I'll be taking pictures AF!

1 minute ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Unfortunately, due to bizarre money-related circumstances, I may not be able to open it until Christmas... 

Wait what?! 😂 

You already bought it, didn't you? Or are you thinking of selling it on eBay as "new" to make some extra cash for the holidays? 

5 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Wait what?! 😂 

You already bought it, didn't you? Or are you thinking of selling it on eBay as "new" to make some extra cash for the holidays? 

😂 No... due to money being tight and my parents not knowing what to get me this year (besides Scotch of course!) I split the bill. I pay half, they pay half, on the condition that I can't open it until Christmas Eve. I can open it when it arrives, but only if I decide to pay for the whole thing myself. So I'm juggling between $50 and being able to open my package ASAP and having to pay off a PayPal Credit bill.

6 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

😂 No... due to money being tight and my parents not knowing what to get me this year (besides Scotch of course!) I split the bill. I pay half, they pay half, on the condition that I can't open it until Christmas Eve. I can open it when it arrives, but only if I decide to pay for the whole thing myself. So I'm juggling between $50 and being able to open my package ASAP and having to pay off a PayPal Credit bill.

Ah OK.

Well, now that you'll have it very soon, you have the certain knowledge (unlike some of us) that you'll be listening to it by Christmas Day at the latest... I think if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't even mind the wait of two more weeks. 

It's the uncertainly that kills!

17 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Ah OK.

Well, now that you'll have it very soon, you have the certain knowledge (unlike some of us) that you'll be listening to it by Christmas Day at the latest... I think if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't even mind the wait of two more weeks.  

It's the uncertainly that kills!

True. I might just end up opening it tomorrow due to my terrible impatience. The anticipation would eat at me just knowing that my package would be sitting in my closet for 2 weeks rotting; just waiting to be opened and listened to! Plus I'm going to a Christmas party on Christmas AND the day after, so I wouldn't be able to start listening to it until like the 26th or 27th.

11 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You know, when people here ask for and demand pictures, we mean of the set itself, and not of some ordinary cardboard box it comes in! 😂 

I hope all the teeth are broken! Or even better, missing! :P

Just bring it to the party! New party music! People can dance to "Aunt Marge's Waltz"! ;)

Well, it's my extended family, mostly elderly people. Might be similar enough to polka for them. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

You know, when people here ask for and demand pictures, we mean of the set itself, and not of some ordinary cardboard box it comes in! 😂 

Im not at home so I can’t open it 😭