Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I have no idea if this information helps anyone or not, but

I was order #166877, and I got my confirmation at 3:00 EST the day it went on sale

I got my shipping notice almost exactly 10 days later on Friday Dec 7 at 2:59 PM

It left California that day, had some checkin without a location listed on Saturday the 8th, arrived in Massachusetts on Sunday the 9th, and was delivered to me today, Monday the 10th

Order #167104. Mine was ordered exactly two minutes after being available to order. The order was confirmed on that day. Status was changed to awaiting shipment on November 30. They starting shipping on December 7, yet I still have no shipping confirmation yet. The shipping confirmation should come this week though, right?

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Seems like 1 hour may have been the difference of over 1000 orders! 

I had a meeting at work. My order posted at 2:17 central standard time and my order number was over a thousand higher than those who ordered before me.  Its no big deal. I can wait patiently. It's not like any of the music is something I haven't heard before in some variation having watched films 1 2 and 3 multiple times

5 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

My tracking is now becoming worse than useless. Royal Mail reckons it left the UK nearly 24 hours ago but USPS thinks it 'arrived' in L.A. after that point.

:banghead:

Oh well, when I wake up in 8 hours I'll discover the next episode. Which continent will it be on? :P

Hey mine is still on its way from one USPS facility to the next. I bet they're just passing it around for postal workers to listen to.

But then again it has been only 2 full business days since it shipped.

5 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

My tracking is now becoming worse than useless. Royal Mail reckons it left the UK nearly 24 hours ago but USPS thinks it 'arrived' in L.A. after that point.

:banghead:

Oh well, when I wake up in 8 hours I'll discover the next episode. Which continent will it be on? :P

Congratulations! 

Your package has arrived safely in Processing Facility No. 2 in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo! :D 

5 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I bet they're just passing it around for postal workers to listen to.

:lol2:

26 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So you paid for it yourself after all? :)

Haha no luckily my mom is very understanding, so it was considered an "early Christmas present". I just couldn't resist opening it! I literally just opened it a few minutes ago and glanced at everything before listening to the CD's in a few minutes... it's magnificent. Ah, that smell of fresh CD's!

The fact that other people in more technologically advanced corners of the globe have the same shipping delays I’m experiencing makes me feel less lonely.

According to every tracking website except the Italian Postal Service one, my package was last seen last sunday at 8:45 am: it was leaving Milan (a three hour drive from where I live). 

No sign of it yesterday, I’ll see what happens today.

I’m afraid it’s stuck at customs and I have no idea how long it takes 😭

It's so close! If it manages to get on to a delivery van today I could have it by the time I get home from work.

Screenshot_20181211-074353__01.jpg

I've read on the FSM board that there are only two employees at LLL working on shipping the CDs off. Hope for everybody that that's not true. If so, it could take a whole month to ship all 3,000 or so.

3 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I'm sure they ship everything in large orders, not like 'ooh, this one's going to Milan, I'll do that one last...'

Yeah obviously, but once the package encounters the Italian Postal Service, things get pretty slow 😬

13 minutes ago, Arpy said:

I'm sure they ship everything in large orders, not like 'ooh, this one's going to Milan, I'll do that one last...'

"This one's going to Milan! And this reminds me, I once had a bad experience with an Italian girl. She stood me up. This one's going last!" 

😂 

I'm aware. That means unless I win the FSM giveaway it's 100% I won't receive it before Christmas, maybe not even this year.

29 minutes ago, Holko said:

MusicBox updated their availability estimate to the 21st... 

MV made it clear that none of the third-party retailers would get the set before the Holidays. Considering LLL itself received around 3,000 orders for their BF titles, it's now more than a safe bet that MusicBox and all the others won't get anything before January. If you want the Potter box in time for holidays, it's probably better to cancel the MusicBox order and try to place one directly at LLL now.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Haha no luckily my mom is very understanding, so it was considered an "early Christmas present". I just couldn't resist opening it! I literally just opened it a few minutes ago and glanced at everything before listening to the CD's in a few minutes... it's magnificent. Ah, that smell of fresh CD's!

Can we switch mums? Mine will confiscate it until the 21th at least, that is if it even arrives.

9 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

MV made it clear that none of the third-party retailers would get the set before the Holidays. Considering LLL itself received around 3,000 orders for their BF titles, it's now more than a safe bet that MusicBox and all the others won't get anything before January. If you want the Potter box in time for holidays, it's probably better to cancel the MusicBox order and try to place one directly at LLL now.

Yep, I'm perfectly aware of that comment, it's just getting certain now, it was estimated for the 14th until today. I haven't placed any orders because of this uncertainty of a shipping date and chose not to order from LLL because people said our post is unreliable and slow when handling overseas packages. Getting it before the holidays would've been nice but not an absolute priority, my January will probably be free.

Apparently there is a very real risk of the problem not being me having to pay customs or waiting 3-5 weeks for the post to process it, but me not getting it at all. THAT I won't risk, and LLL doesn't ship with other parcel companies like DHL or UPS.

16 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Almost done ripping the discs. Only a couple more to go, then I can organize everything and begin listening! And just before I go to bed too. :P

Oh, the envy! 😢

maybe MB bought a small batch of for the full price and will receive them as if they were a regular customer? maybe they cut a little in their earnings (but his price was higher anyway) but this way they satisfy some customers who want it as soon as possible from them...

Everything would be much simpler if LLL just released those titles in more normal periods of the year. Everyone knows that post and couriers are overloaded in December, and the chance of a mess happening is higher. 

21 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

maybe MB bought a small batch of for the full price and will receive them as if they were a regular customer? maybe they cut a little in their earnings (but his price was higher anyway) but this way they satisfy some customers who want it as soon as possible from them...

I don't think so. I think they rely on the label to send out copies to resell as quick as they can. It's perfectly understandable that LLL wants to satisfy their own direct customers first and foremost. If anyone prefer to order somewhere else for their own perfectly understandable reasons, they have to wait a little more. I'm personally okay in waiting a few weeks more, I'm not manically obsessing over it. Other than the fact I'm enjoying fantastic recent releases like Dracula and Saving Private Ryan, I'm literally swamped with work in these weeks, so I don't have time to listen to any music :(

31 minutes ago, Alan said:

This is going to be a loooooong day at work!

Screenshot_20181211-102117__01.jpg

Wow that was fast. Hopefully my copy finds its way out of its "USPS facility tour" and heads toward Helsinki soon.

Since it's in-continent and no planes, it's a bit different, but the best time I've ever seen is about 8-10 hours from Scotland to Budapest, UPS pulled it off overnight 3 times now.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Still can’t believe my package left the US on Friday and arrived at my house in the UK on Monday morning 

Yeah that is pretty incredible. You were lucky. As I said mine is taking a "grand tour of USPS" at the moment.

My best chance yet of mine actually having left the States, about 10 hours ago:

departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

So far it's spent 3 days on a tour of USPS facilities in L.A. Maybe as part of a growing consignment of mail bound for the UK..

My fastest from LLL was, I think, 3 days for the Titanic set last year. It left the US a heck of a lot quicker than this.

Still "awaiting shipment" here. I ordered all three new Williams releases together (Potter, Schindler, Land of Giants.) I was only about 35 minutes late ordering. Never known it take so long. Does anyone know if any of those sets have sold out yet?