Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I've given up on receiving this before the weekend. Still just sitting around, gathering dust at the customs office. Ridiculous. 

Well at least you know where it is languishing. I have no idea if my copy (alongside Schindler's List) has even left US yet.

Btw if Finnish customs is clearing a package and if you have to pay VAT or customs charges it will take at least 2 or more days before they inform you with a paper letter that you have to pay these charges before they send the packages to you. I have e-postal service so I get these letters to my e-mail on the same day but that always delays the arrival packages since it can ridiculously take 2 or 3 days for postal service to deliver them even after the VAT is paid. And the airport and customs is 16 km away from my home.

That's just nonsense! Sorry to hear. Surely you don't have to pay additional fees on a package that's "$1" as LLL mark on the label?

Sometimes I wonder if governments just exist to add more red tape and make everything more difficult.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

How does that happen? Did you have different addresses in your Paypal vs your LLL account?

No, I've triple-checked (even quadruple since I have checked it again now hahaha) and both my PayPal and LLL shipment address are the same and the correct one. Honestly I don't understand how could the USPS address could be different. I assume that they will print what I wrote and they will just send it to Spain and let the Spanish Postal service to give me the package.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Is it wrong or have they missed part of it off? I ask because my street wasn't on the address label they used either (it was on my order and PayPal - I double checked). Fortunately my flat number, building name and postcode were enough and it was delivered without any issues.

Hope it's the same for you but definitely contact LLL if you're worried!

It's quite wrong. I don't think the Spanish Postal Service could find the place with the information that they have... The thing is that I used my workplace address and they have missed the name of the building (which is quite important) and the name of the street is also wrong. The postcode and the city are correct, but the errors in the address are problematic. 

I answered the LLL mail telling them about this situation, and if I don't have an answer by tomorrow I'll contact them though the webpage also.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

That's just nonsense! Sorry to hear. Surely you don't have to pay additional fees on a package that's "$1" as LLL mark on the label?

Sometimes I wonder if governments just exist to add more red tape and make everything more difficult.

No I don't think any of my LLL packages has ever got stuck in the customs thanks to LLL marking the value at 10 or 15 $. I doubt this will either. 

53 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I wish. 

Amazing how differently the same basic tracking works even for people from the same country.

I have the exact same problem as you. Not a great feeling at the moment, but these things usually work themselves out.

6 minutes ago, serenifly said:

I have the exact same problem as you. Not a great feeling at the moment, but these things usually work themselves out.

They usually do. This is just the regular film music fan hyper worrying over nothing. The package will arrive eventually. We have just gotten so used to being able to follow our mail with such precision it feels sometimes, when the tracking is not working properly,  frustrating not knowing where my parcel is travelling.  :) 

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

They usually do. This is just the regular film music fan hyper worrying over nothing. The package will arrive eventually. We have just gotten so used to being able to follow our mail with such precision it feels sometimes, when the tracking is not working properly,  frustrating not knowing where my parcel is travelling.  :) 

Yeah the tracking almost makes it worse. If you just knew it would arrive within 10 days of shipping, we wouldn't be freaking out after checking hourly and not seeing any updates for a day. I know I am!

45 minutes ago, Arpy said:

@crumbs what does your tracking say? Mine said it was enroute to Australia from LA, but still no updates since last Friday!

Nothing since Tuesday for me. On Australia Post it says awaiting clearance (inbound). These are my last two updates:

December 11, 2018      15:55    AUSTRALIA                                        PROCESSED THROUGH FACILITY

December 7, 2018        14:55    LOS ANGELES,UNITED STATES       ARRIVED

For comparative sake, this was shipping with Alien3:

alien3.PNG

Arrived two business days after the same status I'm currently on for Potter, so I'm just keeping fingers and toes crossed that it turns up tomorrow without notice. 😖

So mine won't get shipped until the Land of Giants set is ready to go. That sucks. Land of Giants was supposed to start shipping on December 7. Besides, the price LLL charged for shipping you'd have thought they'd have mailed them separately. If they'd charged a 7 dollar flat rate for multiple items fair enough, but I paid something like $18 for domestic shipping. Boo.

5 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

I highly recommend doing this and never looking back:

Untitled.jpg

Lol

weak.jpg

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

It has finally arrived. It's here!

:jump:

See you on the other side! :D 

(I'm gonna get home in a few hours, so I don't have it just yet, but tonight!)

Should Josh500 share the boxset with me?
YES       YES

Just kidding :D

I'm just tired of seeing this:

ITALY, MILAN, Departed -> Your item departed a transfer airport in MALPENSA, MILAN, ITALY on December 9, 2018 at 8:45 am.
The item is currently in transit to the destination.

17 minutes ago, redishere said:

Should Josh500 share the boxset with me?
YES       YES

Just kidding :D

:lol2:

17 minutes ago, redishere said:

I'm just tired of seeing this:

ITALY, MILAN, Departed -> Your item departed a transfer airport in MALPENSA, MILAN, ITALY on December 9, 2018 at 8:45 am.
The item is currently in transit to the destination.

From Milan to Tuscany by plane...?

It'd be easier by train, I think.

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

It'd be easier by train, I think.

Yeah, it sure would!
But Postal Service here confirmed they have no idea when customs will leave my parcel alone :D

Postal Service just replied to a message I sent them days ago, saying my delivery number is not registered in their database.
Too bad I spoke to them yesterday on the phone and they confirmed it's here.
Dickheads.

5 minutes ago, redishere said:

Postal Service just replied to a message I sent them days ago, saying my delivery number is not registered in their database.
Too bad I spoke to them yesterday on the phone and they confirmed it's here.
Dickheads.

Sounds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing ... 

1 hour ago, Alan said:

I'm feeling like I skimped by only buying HP! 😂

I wish you were right. 

Ordered only HP on the 27th, still awaiting shipment... 

In the meanwhile I just spotted one of the usual huge royal mail tracks, with three big pictures of Harry, Hermione and Ron on it, and the line "delivering magic" : so funny.... 😏

3 hours ago, aj_vader said:

Mines only just shipped. and they've put the wrong address!!!

I'm experiencing this sand same issue... I can't understand how they can put bad the address, but I hope that even with the mistakes we get our packages.

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

How is that even possible? Unless you gave them the wrong address? 

I gave them the right address, it's on the LaLaLand site and in my email, yet the notification from LaLaLandEmployee is wrong 😕 

40 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

I'm experiencing this sand same issue... I can't understand how they can put bad the address, but I hope that even with the mistakes we get our packages.

I can't see how we are going to get them 😕 

Shipped! Lesson learned - even one hour is too long to wait to order these things.

I'll be very lucky to see this before Christmas if @crumbs experience is anything to go by, I recall the JP set took around 10 days to ship to Melbourne 😞

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Who?

Ironically I was called Joseph earlier. Karma I guess.

18 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

Good news, shipped out yesterday.

Bad news, estimated delivery on Monday, so unfortunately cannot enjoy listening to this over the weekend.  

How is that possible that you are 300 miles closer to LA than I am yet mine is scheduled to be delivered Saturday. I actually expect it tomorrow because E.T. only took 2 days to arrive