Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

You don't even know whether it's in Finland or in Europe yet? :blink:

If it's like my case, I didn't get an update for five days, then all of a sudden it said it's due to arrive the next day! So not all hope's lost!

No idea where it is.

Worst tracking ever!

Kuvahaun tulos haulle worst episode

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

What if you get both sets, though? You gonna return one?

Yes, of course. I just paid for one set. They are sending two sets because the USPS decided to change my shipping address and most likely they won't find anything with that address.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Maybe it’s the address?  Have them ship another box to me too, just to be sure.

Yes, that's the issue. The address in the first set is not correct so most likely the postal service in Spain will return it to them because they don't find that address.

6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

You gonna listen to it right away when it arrives or wait for Christmas? :D

Are you? Or am I the only one?

3 hours ago, Incanus said:

No idea where it is.

Worst tracking ever!

Kuvahaun tulos haulle worst episode

Huh. That's really weird.

At least it should say where it is right now! Which continent.

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

I listened to it right away! :D

It's 8 hours, so I figured by the time I'm through with this set (really listened to it carefully several times and internalised it), Christmas has probably come and gone already...

10 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Huh. That's really weird.

At least it should say where it is right now! Which continent.

I listened to it right away! :D

It's 8 hours, so I figured by the time I'm through with this set (really listened to it carefully several times and internalised it), Christmas has probably come and gone already...

Im still enjoying Christmas music so waiting is no issues plus I am off all next week so there will be time enough.

In many ways, the John Williams Harry Potter scores are Christmas scores! Each one has some connection to Christmas and winter...

Christmas music, snowball fight music, change of season music, etc.

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

@redishere

WTH! Are they (the postal guys and gals) going on holiday break on the 17th? That should be unacceptable! 

I found this "estimated delivery period" in a random tracking website. No other website or app says anything about this delay.
I think it's probably an exaggerated estimate, plus it makes little to no sense at all, since it was delayed at customs in Milan for days.
Why would they send the package to Florence just to delay delivery more? If something was wrong with it, I think it would've stayed in Milan.

3 minutes ago, DrTenma said:

@redishere wow, that's totally crazy... Is it Italian mail usually that bad?

Italian everything is usually this bad.  😂
Trains, buses, postal service, overall bureaucracy and so on… 

The only thing I can't complain about is food, landscapes and archeological sites.

Pizza is incredible though.

Aaaand now I'm hungry.

1 hour ago, JoeinAR said:

I'm going to open in in new years eve, because I sent it to my parents' and that when I'm going to visit them in the holidays. I have never had issues with mail there in my hometown and in the city where I live now, one neighbour from the next set of apartments came to my house with a package because the postman had delivered it to his mailbox. The address was printed correctly...

35 minutes ago, redishere said:

Italian everything is usually this bad.  

The only thing I can't complain about is food, landscapes and archeological sites.

Pizza is incredible though.

Three things I love about Italy! 

Pizza, pasta, and Italian girls! Not necessarily in that order. 😂🇮🇹

27 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

In many ways, the John Williams Harry Potter scores are Christmas scores! Each one has some connection to Christmas and winter...

Christmas music, snowball fight music, change of season music, etc.

And Easter too.

7 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Mine just departed LA...two days ago. And there the tracking stops. Must be flying over the world waiting for the airport to clear a landing track...

If it just departed, obviously, it's in transit right now. Meaning it's traveling on a plane.

What are you expecting? For your status to say, "Right now your set is flying 30,000 feet over the Atlantic ocean?" :D

9 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

If it just departed, obviously, it's in transit right now. Meaning it's traveling on a plane.

What are you expecting? For your status to say, "Right now your set is flying 30,000 feet over the Atlantic ocean?" :D

You didn't get my sarcasm ...it departed LA, just 2 days ago 😛

3 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

You didn't get my sarcasm ...it departed LA, just 2 days ago 😛

48 hours ago? 

Hmmm. Even with two layovers somewhere, it should pretty soon say "Spain."

30 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Three things I love about Italy! 

Pizza, pasta, and Italian girls! Not necessarily in that order. 😂🇮🇹

There's good pizza in other countries too (I tried a really tasty one in London a while ago, 

I can't remember where), but when I see someone eating frozen or precooked atrocities, 

or worse overcooked pasta, I wish I could invite him or here to try a real neapolitan pizza 

or to eat a full meal at my grandma's.

But, let's not forget shitty postal service 😡

As for girls, I seriously don't know what British girls are like 😄

There are literally an incalculable number of ways to make pizza. There are even good frozen pizzas( though there is that inverse relation between cost and quality). As for pasta. Its never the star for me. Its the sauce thats star. Unless you count dumplings.

33 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

As for pasta. Its never the star for me. Its the sauce thats star.

Still, there's a major difference in how the sauce and pasta blend depending on it's cooked to the point of sogginess versus al dente, for example. 

50 minutes ago, redishere said:

But, let's not forget shitty postal service 

😡

But you ordered from LLL before, right? Did it always take so long?

50 minutes ago, redishere said:

There's good pizza in other countries too (I tried a really tasty one in London a while ago, 

I can't remember where), but when I see someone eating frozen or precooked atrocities, 

or worse overcooked pasta, I wish I could invite him or here to try a real neapolitan pizza 

or to eat a full meal at my grandma's.

I've been to Italy many times! In general, Italian pizza and pasta are unbeatable. Of course, you can get great pizza and pasta anywhere in the world (if you can find a good restaurant), but I mean in general.

17 hours ago, crumbs said:

@ArpySo how many business days for yours does that make it? Mine left LLL last Friday, so 7 (which is pretty good, all things considered). 

Your package travelled all the way to Australia in the same time that mine was crawling across LA, and you're complaining? 😛

2 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Got home to open my set! This was my reaction:

You threw it away?

1 hour ago, redishere said:

I found this "estimated delivery period" in a random tracking website. No other website or app says anything about this delay.
I think it's probably an exaggerated estimate, plus it makes little to no sense at all, since it was delayed at customs in Milan for days.

Or... it might be an estimate based on experience and previous shipments...

24 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

Still, there's a major difference in how the sauce and pasta blend depending on it's cooked to the point of sogginess versus al dente, for example. 

I never want it al dente but I never want it soggy. Italian food is way down on the list for me anyways. Our go to is Mexican and Chinese. But I wouldn't mind having a house elf to do the cooking. 

7 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

Oh wow! I can't believe it's coming today, it only got shipped on the weekend!

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 7.53.40 am.png

EDIT: While this was uploading IT CAME!!!

Wow, impressively fast! We're in the same postal zone too. :P

So even though mine shipped over a week before yours, you got your copy the morning after I got mine. Not too shabby. Gotta wonder what the heck goes on at customs.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

But you ordered from LLL before, right? Did it always take so long?

Actually, it’s my first time with LLL!

But Italian Postal Service is indeed a joke. Silly aliens probably work there, like in MIB2

PS: all this broken teeth ordeal is making me nervous :(

1 hour ago, redishere said:

Actually, it’s my first time with LLL!

But Italian Postal Service is indeed a joke. Silly aliens probably work there, like in MIB2

PS: all this broken teeth ordeal is making me nervous :(

I received all four titles in pristine condition. But then,every single Quartet title had something broken. You can't win! ;)

Karol

5 minutes ago, Amer said:

Yes. Its here. My LLL  Harry Potter set and other titles have arrived in my New York address. !!!!

Congrats! 

First thing to check. Are the teeth intact and the cases unbroken?

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Congrats! 

First thing to check. Are the teeth intact and the cases unbroken?

I will probably receive them in early next year. Will let you know. I dont live in NY. :(

20 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I just noticed something...

While many of us talk about customs, none of us so far had to it pay duties for the HP set, right? I didn't see anybody mentioning it, even once. 

I was just thinking of that.
Finger crossed! :D