Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

PoA OST has no Sirius Black

Quidditch, Third Year

1 minute ago, King Mark said:

Dracula OST doesn't have the Van Helsing motif

The Bat Attack, distressed piano rendition

12 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I didn't know that. What's the source?

It was done exclusively for JWFan.

11 hours ago, Chewy said:

That would be kind of unfair for everyone who bought it from the first batch.

Stop that pre-school attitude.

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

it's not the first time Williams omits a theme from the OST

PoA OST has no Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew theme

Dracula OST doesn't have the Van Helsing motif

RotS is missing the "troubled  anakin" motif

What we call the Pettigrew theme wasn’t really intended as such though was it? My understanding is that it was repeatedly tracked into spots in the film like the Shrieking Shack and End Credits, but was originally just in two cues (can’t remember the names but in the expanded albums it’s tracks 20 and 31). Correct me if I’m wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...

Minalima Design - the graphic artists for the Harry Potter films - have released a print of the Christmas Carol from Philosopher's Stone - a paper prop that was made presumably for the Hogwarts ghosts.

It's available in gold-foiled premium edition here

https://minalima.com/product/hogwarts-christmas-carol-sheet/

Didn't know which thread to put it in, but this is the first John Williams-related Harry Potter prop and probably the only one.

Screenshot_20191129-020229_Chrome~2.jpg

• 7 months later...

MV, any word on the Lethal Weapon and Harry Potter box sets being back in stock?

HP probably Fall

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=118900&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=34&r=810#bottom

36 minutes ago, King Mark said:

In light of JKR's views on Trans people, i'm going to throw my HP box in the garbage and delete all my c.d. rips. I can't in good conscience listen to this music ever again.

You mean you haven't done that already?! You animal! I burned my cases and broke the CDs in two in front of the whole street two weeks ago!

I Googled it but couldn't find out what she did that has people so up in arms. Normally I disagree with the crap she writes but in this case I couldn't find anything worth the public getting angry about.

15 minutes ago, mstrox said:

This is the view I've adopted from Nick Cave on art and the artists who turn out to be garbage after the fact.

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/views-on-morrissey/

Thanks for the link. I agree with Nick.

Rowling has shared similar sentiments on how fans have appreciated her work versus how she personally saw them, and by the way, nothing she has tweeted, blogged, said - whatever - is nowhere near as transphopic as many dilettante SJW's claim her remarks to be.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Growing up, I've found there is a lot more disturbing stuff to be found in her novels than on her Twitter page.

Who are you, Benjamin Button?

2 hours ago, Smeltington said:

First she alienated people who thought she was trying to score woke points, now she's alienated people who think she's not woke enough. Tough life!

That's a matter of perspective, but I agree - trying to appeal to the fans in some woke olympics is a foolish thing to do! 

Oh please. Most Potter fans are not burning their memorabilia or destroying books, including those who are unhappy with JKR's twitter crap, such as myself.

Most still have sentimental value invested in those things and are smart enough to realize that, were they to destroy it, they'd be wasting whatever money / time it is that they spent on it. But I get that it's not as fun to make fun of the widespread majority response. Far more fun to represent those you disagree with with a few extreme responses.

As far as the music (my attempt to be on the actual topic of the thread). It's so far disconnected from JKR's works and opinions anyway that no one is going to destroy the music. Lol. Even those few extreme examples. 

I tend to agree with Nick Cave that once the art as left the creator's hands it sort of becomes it's own thing. I mean we here analyze and discuss John Williams music far more than he probably ever intended anyone to do. The only time this mindset becomes difficult is when that person is so wrapped up in it. Like Cosby. I find it quite difficult to watch that show just because...I mean...it's him and it's all about him. It's not too terribly often that happens though. 

But anyways. How about that 7 CD Harry Potter John Williams Collection eh?

21 hours ago, mstrox said:

This is the view I've adopted from Nick Cave on art and the artists who turn out to be garbage after the fact.

https://www.theredhandfiles.com/views-on-morrissey/

And I'm glad to have adopted it, since I've had to use it a lot since I first read it.

There is something to be said for not supporting actual bad people financially (not buying a song or CD or book or movie after they've been outed, preferably proven), but yeah, I agree too.

12 minutes ago, Holko said:

There is something to be said for not supporting actual bad people financially (not buying a song or CD or book or movie after they've been outed, preferably proven), but yeah, I agree too.

Lol. I wish I felt like my dollar mattered in that way. But I don't feel like it does. Me deciding not to give someone $10 for a CD or a $20 for Blu-Ray won't make any sort of difference to them or hurt them in any way, so what's the point? To make me feel better?

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Who are you, Benjamin Button?

That's a matter of perspective, but I agree - trying to appeal to the fans in some woke olympics is a foolish thing to do! 

I meant that as I am becoming older, some things really begin to come across as perverse. Like the relationship between Harry and Hagrid on both sidees: why does Hagrid only have three children as friends and why does Harry force Ron and Hermione to love this clearly troubled character? Harry evens threatens her when she contradicts him about Hagrid!

Hagrid is really somewhat of a mentor/father character to Harry early on (before the immature Sirius takes over for better or worse, then Dumbledore in 6) ,of course he'd introduce his friends. And Hermione doesn't have to be dragged, just read book 3, she often spends time at Hagrid's alone crying, and she helps with the court case.

He was friends with James and Lily, the Weasleys (Charlie, Fred, George, Lee Jordan)... he's "only" the keeper of the grounds and has a scary exterior that'd make less enterprising students not even really want to approach him to find out how sensitive and caring he is inside. And of course once he's promoted to teacher and engages with students more, something always comes up to mess him up.

6 hours ago, Holko said:

agreed - future purchases, why do it!  but, Morrissey and Ryan Adams won’t make any money off of me popping my albums in, nor will Jo Rowling make money off of me taking the HP books off our shelf and handing them to my kid some day.  

9 hours ago, Holko said:

He was friends with James and Lily, the Weasleys (Charlie, Fred, George, Lee Jordan)... he's "only" the keeper of the grounds and has a scary exterior that'd make less enterprising students not even really want to approach him to find out how sensitive and caring he is inside. And of course once he's promoted to teacher and engages with students more, something always comes up to mess him up.

Let's not forget also, it was Hagrid who flew Baby Harry from Godric's Hollow to the Dursley's @bollemanneke it makes sense Hagrid feels some sort of a protective bond, almost like he's Harry's uncle.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

Let's not forget also, it was Hagrid who flew Baby Harry from Godric's Hollow to the Dursley's @bollemanneke it makes sense Hagrid feels some sort of a protective bond, almost like he's Harry's uncle.

Of all the things that are questionable about the books many years later...I never thought of Hagrid as one of them. Lol. I don't see any issue with the friendship in the books. 

16 hours ago, TSMefford said:

I tend to agree with Nick Cave that once the art as left the creator's hands it sort of becomes it's own thing. I mean we here analyze and discuss John Williams music far more than he probably ever intended anyone to do. The only time this mindset becomes difficult is when that person is so wrapped up in it. Like Cosby. I find it quite difficult to watch that show just because...I mean...it's him and it's all about him. It's not too terribly often that happens though. 

The art is "floating above the artist's head", even he has to fully understand it once it's out. That's the wonderful thing about intuition.

8 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Sorry, I'll get us back on track. Listening to random POA bits again. What, a, score.

Indeed!

• 6 months later...

Found on the main page of the LLL website:

500 units of HARRY POTTER – THE JOHN WILLIAMS COLLECTION (7-CD BOX SET) is coming back in stock and will ship out later this month. Order yours now!

Not yet available again for order but it should be possible soon.