Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Just now, j39m said:

Let's hope I snagged one proper.

What does this mean?

I'm just being paranoid. If I were late to the party and a horde of 5000 JW fans descended on LLL to fight for the last copy, I'm not 100% sure the website will handle that perfectly.

I'm still sitting on my order confirmation email eight minutes later, so I assume that they're not going to break any unpleasant news to me.

Might there be a better chance for replacement discs now that it's back in stock? I doubt it, given they never publicly acknowledged the issue at all, but I don't know if I'd want a second box just for those key tracks on CD.

Refresh my memory... was the problem with some frequencies that didn't show up on the waveform that were on the OST?

But inaudible.  Yes, sometimes just knowing something is less than it should be is irritating, but that's not replacement worthy.

Glad I got this on day one, such a fantastic set, not only do we get three film scores but the artwork and liner notes are great as well. Lalaland really has spoiled us with this, the Disaster Box, Lethal Weapon and plenty more, can't think of many other labels that have been able to offer these kind of releases. I know the faulty Azkaban frequency's are pretty much inaudible, but if I'm remembering correctly someone was kindly offering them here?

I was just thinking how lucky I was to get that set on 31st December in my hand just about when it was first released by LLL. They had it specifically shipped on priority mail to New York within a few days so that my aunt who was flying to Karachi could get it just in time.Talk about perfect timing !!!

On 3/3/2022 at 12:51 PM, Chewy said:

Ordered! I got this when it first came out, but I actually had to get this reissue for two reasons. The first reason is a minor tear in the booklet front cover after accidentally knocking it off my desk and catching it before it nearly fell into my shredder. The second reason is one of the discs got scratched. It works out in that not only will I have a replacement that corrects these mistakes; the tracks that originally had minor frequency issues are corrected on this reissue. Win-win!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jay said:

Actually the email says it starts shipping Dec 5th.

If you order it with the BF titles your whole order won't ship until HP comes in

The email says starts shipping Dec 5th, the website says Shipping Now. Not sure which is right. Either way, any guesses on how long it will last this time?

EDIT: The website actually says both: Dec 5th on the main page and Shipping Now on the product page. Only six days' difference, though

• 1 year later...

I noticed LLL’s site lists this as “Temporarily Out Of Stock”; I know there have already been a few batches, but I wasn’t sure whether LLL is usually accurate with their shipping statuses, or whether this could be Sold Out and just hasn’t been updated yet? Has it been stated that there will be any further batches of this?

• 1 month later...