The Harry Potter John Williams Collection!

Josh500

Poll: The Harry Potter John Williams Collection!   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy this set?

2. 2. WHEN will you order this set?

• On November 27th (the first day available).
    • Within the first week.
    • Within the first month.
    • Sometime next year.
    • I already said above that I (probably) won't buy this set.
  3. 3. Do you think this set's retail price of $99.98 USD is TOO expensive?

• Yes, it's too expensive. It's 7 CDs and 8 hours of music, but it's still high priced. It should have been cheaper!
    • No, the price is very reasonable for what the set offers and the work that went into creating it. I don't complain.

6 hours ago, Bryant Burnette said:

My lawyer will be in contact with you regarding the eye-roll injury I just sustained.

Only people with questionable character have lawyers

You also have to add duty tax on top of the shipping for many of us outside of the US. It's one of the reasons I'm against buying it unless someone is willing to bring it in their suitcase with them next time they visit London. *Sigh* 😢

On 11/27/2018 at 7:43 AM, Bryant Burnette said:

Only people with questionable judgment compare a Harry Potter box set to the civil rights movement.

Said the guy from the state with questionable civil rights

On 11/27/2018 at 4:24 AM, Josh500 said:

I think for me, honestly, these 4 sets would occupy my Number One spot. There's no winner here. These 4 are all number one! (The latter two have yet to be announced!)

- The John Williams Jurassic Park Collection 

- The John Williams Harry Potter Collection 

- The Indiana Jones Soundtrack Collection 

- The Star Wars Prequels Soundtrack Collection 

Prequels # 1

Because I wasted so many hours of my life making edits that will never sound perfect and the enormous amount of videogame files on my hard drives. The day i delete them (and my edits) will be the happiest day of my life

Harry Potter # 2.

Indiana Jones # 3 because we have the Indy box even if flawed

Jurassic Park # 4.. I still can't really get into The Lost World

43 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

It took you three days to come up with a retort that lame?

It was a great retort. It was completely accurate. It took me 3 days to even see your weak response. I was almost embarrassed for you 

10 hours ago, King Mark said:

Prequels # 1

Because I wasted so many hours of my life making edits that will never sound perfect and the enormous amount of videogame files on my hard drives. The day i delete them (and my edits) will be the happiest day of my life

Serious question: Do you actually listen to your own edits as many hours as you spend creating them? 

I'm getting the feeling that some people just get a kick out of the process of editing... and fine-tuning... and getting everything perfect. An OCD type of thing. And once it's done, once everything's perfectly perfect, they lose interest pretty quickly. Then it's on to the next flawed project! 

Am I right? 

13 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

You are absolutely right. That sums up the illness of film music fandom pretty perfectly.

It's a sort of OCD! 

I suffer from it too. But not when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm always worried about personal hygiene and cleanliness! Oh well. 😂 

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Serious question: Do you actually listen to your own edits as many hours as you spend creating them? 

I'm getting the feeling that some people just get a kick out of the process of editing... and fine-tuning... and getting everything perfect. An OCD type of thing. And once it's done, once everything's perfectly perfect, they lose interest pretty quickly. Then it's on to the next flawed project! 

Am I right? 

i only listen to my edit. And I've done so many times in the past 13 years

In the end it's pretty good.. I only use the game files and NO Blu ray Rips or mockups  so it's a bit less expanded than other edits i heard but clean music only

it's only a few endings and transitions bothering me.

2 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Am I right? 

I listen to everything I edit, but usually the reason I'm doing the edit in the first place is because I wasn't listening to it and it needed cutting/arranging/whatever.

My biggest problem is indecision and flip-flopping over how to present a section. My edits are often not 100% faithful to the 'original' if I think something minor can be done to improve the listening experience. Now, deciding on what that 'minor' change is..... :|

Really though, we wouldn't create edits if we didn't enjoy the process would we?

37 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Really though, we wouldn't create edits if we didn't enjoy the process would we?

You don't necessarily have to enjoy the process, you could just want to have a better edit.