Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

26 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

The moment when the white king in the chess game drops the sword.:wub:

20 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Voldemort and Quidditch are the highlights of the Children's Suite! I love the contrabassoon in the former!

15 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

I like the foreshadowing of Gilderoy Lockhart in Vernon Gathers Family! Let alone the moment, when Molly Weasly appears, furious as hell!

5 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Wait a minute! The Spiders Attack has unreleased music?!

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Honestly, listen to that spider sample and tell me he was lazy on the second score!

Might be in the next track. Have faith in Jay.

(Otherwise just rip it from the podcast)

Also like I said in the other topic. Isnt the Watching the Past (Alternate), just the Dementors Converge( without the Past theme)?

About Don't Burn My Letter: right before Hedwig's Theme starts, the final suspense chord is repeated very briefly. The sessions leak made it sound like a mistake/skip/glitch, but here it sounds more like the film version. Is this a mistake in the recording or is it intended to sound like that?

3 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I guess we won't have the film version of Double Trouble, seems to just be the OST version.

Maybe the film version is just the end of the album version and is editorially connected to the Something Wicked This Way Comes intro.

EDIT:

Jay just confirmed it.

From the other thread, regarding the sample of "Watching the Past [Alternate]" because it's already been buried:

Agreed - that music is definitely from "The Dementors Converge" (i.e. the first time we see the attack at the lake), but without the Past theme over the Patronus and with a nice minor chord right at the end. Either it's the wrong sample or it's been mislabelled as an alternate of "Watching The Past" (which is the music for the second lake scene). 

Is this the teeth of this set? If so, I think I can live with it 😂

22 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

From the other thread, regarding the sample of "Watching the Past [Alternate]" because it's already been buried:

The sample is for the correct track.

14 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

I imagine it's for the reveal of the inside of the bus. I don't recall it being in the film though.

Yeah I reckon it was written for the reveal of the bus interior. It fits with that shot of the huge chandelier. 

11 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Yeah, I think I'd remember it if it was in the movie.... Must be an unused cue! 

There's a bit more with that vibe hidden somewhere on the Azkaban DVD Menus I believe. So I assume, we'll get the fun little bit in the film that's not on the OST, but then also get this little bit that's meant to underscore being on the bus.

59 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

I cannot wait to hear 22. The Three Broomsticks   3:51

Assuming this is the cue you hear directly after / mixed in with A Winter's Spell

I'd say this track has the cues with Harry sneaking into Hogsmeade (via the cellar), Harry learning about Sirius and Pettigrew in the pub, and Harry crying in the forest. 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was The Children’s Suite recorded at the recording sessions for PS or another time?

It was recorded along with all the film cues.  All at the same time with all the same musicians.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

The sheet music leak revealed that's all one long cue, 4M10 Brief Snow Scene.  Funny title because it's over 3 minutes long!

Amusing, considering the Snowball Fight isn't included in this?! I wonder why it was written as one cue.