Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

Just now, Jay said:

The Christmas music for HPCOS is nice too, the long version never leaked before (but was used in the Extended Edition of the film itself)

Oh cool! I was wondering about that, if it was tracked from somewhere.

Nope it was recorded at full length (the sheet music has the whole cue), and then edited down for the theatrical cut.  And then the theatrical cut edit is what ended up in the recording sessions leak.

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

The sample is for the correct track.

Strange then. Guess the alternate literally just repeats The Dementors Converge again (and the ticking was not even recorded or intended for that scene)

Just now, Jay said:

Nope it was recorded at full length (the sheet music has the whole cue), and then edited down for the theatrical cut.  And then the theatrical cut edit is what ended up in the recording sessions leak.

Well cool. Can't wait to hear everything you know Jay XD. You're going to get so many questions when we all get this set.

3 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

(and the ticking was not even recorded or intended for that scene)

The ticking was recorded separately and then layered over the music in the film when they are back in time (and one one OST track)

How the hell are people discussing the music already??? It was released two hours ago.

Dracula was released about a month ago, and even though I ordered it on the day of its release, I’m still waiting for it to arrive - no less the HP collection!!!

Just now, rough cut said:

How the hell are people discussing the music already??? It was released two hours ago.

We're discussing the samples.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The ticking was recorded separately and then layered over the music in the film when they are back in time (and one one OST track)

Oh

Does this mean no ticking at all on this CD?

2 minutes ago, rough cut said:

Why, the first few among us already started receiving their packages from LLL... It's very fast these days.

Not yet. 😂 

2 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

Oh

No, it does not mean that.  I was just referring to the cue that had ticking in the film, whose OST version didn't have it [Saving Buckbeak]

1 minute ago, MedigoScan said:

Oh

I would assume there's some, but it would be interesting to hear it without ticking.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's not random.  I don't know who selected these, though.

That sounds like a fun job. What a great opportunity to mess with people like us if they wanted to.

You can tell the sound quality is different! 

In case of PoA, at least, I can't tell whether it's actually better (the OST sounds pretty darn perfect!), but it sure sounds different...

Hard to judge from just the samples, though.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No, it does not mean that.  I was just referring to the cue that had ticking in the film, whose OST version didn't have it [Saving Buckbeak]

Ah

I thought you were talking about Forward to Time Past

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I love the way it transitions from that into Hedwig's Theme, then back into the Past theme, amazing cue.

Indeed! One of the best unreleased cues from PoA. The busy flute solo at the end sounds awesome as well.

Another cue I'm really looking forward to in PoA is the short Buckbeak vs. Werewolf scene.

The burst of trumpets, then the strings going glissando... Only Williams could have written this. Sounds so cool.

yeah it's pretty cool

So is the CoS coke commercial

My only disappointment so far is Walk in the woods..I thought the church bells were part of the music and thy kinda sounded cool

13 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Question

Is the teaser music for HPSS good sounding or they had to use a back up source like Botanicus?

I thought the DAT was destroyed

Judging from the Burden/Matessino interview audio, it sounds great!

no,i don't think that's the right one

that's the trailer music, unless i listened to the wrong bit in the interview

teaser..with the different section of Hedwig's theme at  1.15

45 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Question

Is the teaser music for HPSS good sounding or they had to use a back up source like Botanicus?

I thought the DAT was destroyed

It came from the same tapes as the rest of the score. WB always had it in their vault with everything else. It sounds the same as everything else.

Well, I mean from a preservation standpoint it's the same. Obviously the teaser and trailer cues were recorded in LA with different musicians than the rest of the score.

5 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

HP3 has a lot of great transitional cues!

While the SW prequels, composed right before and right after PoA, had transitions that might as well read "random crescendo #8" on the score.