Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

The first people who get it will be locals who just pop into the LLL office in Burbank to pick it up (once they actually have it)

Those lucky bastards!

So they'll be holding it in their hands a week from now already! 😮

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Sounds like a quick roundtrip plane ticket to Burbank might be cheaper than what some Euros are paying for shipping.

😂 

Yeah, but if you take it back, there's still a chance you might have to pay duties at the airport. 

5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It is curious that Mike spent years convincing williams to allow c&c releases and in the end it have been Williams who has convinced him on the contrary.....

If that's being the case from now on, then I would prefer the ceotk-e.t. way of things. Relegating the unmixed cues and or the short cues that may be not included in the main program  to the bonus cd section... 

Wasn't Mike already quite flexible on it back in the Star Wars days?

It sounds to me like he's doing a pretty good job at finding a reasonable balance between the alternative approaches.

And that's the way I prefer it myself too. Nicely balanced!

7 hours ago, publicist said:

I usually don't chime in on discussions like this, but the sheer amount of desperation over such minor things is half amusing, half embarrassing to me as part of this board: the same people hardly ever are able to come up with something inspiring, or analytically interesting, about either music or movie they so desperately cling to, so i can safely say what drives me up the wall is just a personality mismatch - OCD fans just are my natural target.

It's some form of Autism or Asperger's (or something), this unhealthy obsession with every recorded note and having it all in the specific order of the movie with certain titles. There's a huge difference between back in the day wanting to hear more than 40 minutes of Indiana Jones II and...whatever this is.

Just now, Demondm810 said:

Can we get back to arguing over William Ross?

Yeah for real. That's a way more important issue. William Ross did Chamber of Secrets. All of it. Change my mind. 😂

12 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

Yeah for real. That's a way more important issue. William Ross did Chamber of Secrets. All of it. Change my mind. 😂

No. He actually did. You believe that, because that's the truth! Honest to God. :)

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I think this board is slowly but surely going insane. 😂 

The wait is just too hard. Another two weeks... We won't make it!!!!

Yep. We were never meant to hear more Potter music. 

57 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

Good grief dude. Let people do what they want. It doesn't affect you or how you want to listen to it.

I'll admit that getting very aggressive and up and arms about crossfades in the face of an amazing official release is a little silly. I have my own preferences, but I'm not going to slam the release if they aren't met exactly. It's amazingly worth it as is.

However, I also won't insult people for wanting what they want. Sometimes having all that stuff is an educational experience, an analytical experience, etc. 

No need to get so damn hostile about it on either side.

He’s just pissy because he’s not interested in this set and and nobody is engaging with whatever character he’s playing this week as a result.

Just now, Bilbo said:

He’s just pissy because he’s not interested in this set and and nobody is engaging with whatever character he’s playing this week as a result.

Why is he in a thread for a set he doesn't care about?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Was the trailer music for PS recorded somewhere else? It just sounds a bit different, that’s all. 

Probably. It's also a bit more thinly orchestrated from what it sounds like. Not as big.

EDIT: Plus wasn't it recorded before the film score? Isn't that the story from the interview with MM? Williams wrote it based off the book and WB loved it and asked him to score the film.

Just now, Jay said:

The HP1 teaser and trailer were recorded in LA long before there was even a cut of the film available for him to score.

The score was recorded in London

Jay is always able to produce a much better answer XD