Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

10 hours ago, Jay said:

The HP1 teaser and trailer were recorded in LA long before there was even a cut of the film available for him to score.  The first teaser was in theaters half a year before the film was, something like that.

The score was recorded in London

So what was with those rumors of the music being destroyed for the trailer? Just flat-out false, or was there some truth to that and a copy elsewhere was found?

29 minutes ago, scallenger said:

So what was with those rumors of the music being destroyed for the trailer? Just flat-out false, or was there some truth to that and a copy elsewhere was found?

I think that was just an assumption that some people had.

3 hours ago, scallenger said:

On 11/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, King Mark said:

Question

Is the teaser music for HPSS good sounding or they had to use a back up source like Botanicus?

I thought the DAT was destroyed

On 11/27/2018 at 8:50 PM, Jay said:

It came from the same tapes as the rest of the score. WB always had it in their vault with everything else. It sounds the same as everything else.

Well, I mean from a preservation standpoint it's the same. Obviously the teaser and trailer cues were recorded in LA with different musicians than the rest of the score.

Does anybody else feel that Hedwig's Theme from PoA sounds more elegant, more powerful, and ultimately better than the PS version? I love them both, but it's like the musicians had 3 years to practice this piece and the PoA version is mind-blowingly well performed, somewhat better than the PS version. Also, I suspect JW tinkered with the orchestration, although I can't quite put my finger on what exactly... More synths in the PoA version?

What do guys you think? 

2 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Does anybody else feel that Hedwig's Theme from PoA sounds more elegant, more powerful, and ultimately better than the PS version? I love them both, but it's like the musicians had 3 years to practice this piece and the PoA version is mind-blowingly well performed, somewhat better than the PS version. Also, I suspect JW tinkered with the orchestration, although I can't quite put my finger on what exactly... More synths in the PoA version?

What do guys you think? 

No clue, but I do love the different celesta/keyboard sound!

Especially the lightning-fast strings/celesta mimicking the flutter of the owl wings is breathtakingly well performed in the PoA version, I think. 

In the PS version, one can sense a bit that they're struggling with the notes... Not that it's bad at all, but it's not quite as elegant and light. 

10 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Is this current track Remembering Mother (Vocal Version)?! 

8 minutes ago, Holko said:

Indeed. Sad I wasn't quick enough to record it!

I hear the next one will be Williams' sketch for Jay's "A".

Holy macaroni

B0540F56-D69F-4446-B1CE-BD5D758F19BE.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

What do guys you think? 

I have to agree, I even prefer the POA version.

Just now, crumbs said:

Omg I'll be in tears if you actually just SMS'd a shout-out for JWFan. 

What's their SMS number? Has she mentioned it yet? 

I tweeted her a few minutes ago and she has liked it. 

4 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I figured I should use my screen name rather than real name.

Anyhoo, wands ready! 

FABF9762-D473-4B64-8480-30FA88B0A89E.jpeg

Late to the game. How do we listen to this?

1 minute ago, Bilbo said:

Movie news next and then, if they stick to last week’s schedule, we get Potter!!

I'm tuned in! Are people recording? If not, I can.

7 minutes ago, Alan said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to listen to the LLL version later now. Cracking piece of music though.

Yeah, I had forgotten how good that one was! Totally didn't remember the gorgeous sad rendition on cello of the main theme.