Harry Potter 7CD Collection - SAMPLES and clips discussion

Jay

Just now, crumbs said:

Huh? What is this??

?!?

Unused Pettigrew cue?

He said it was a deleted Pettigrew cue before he played it I thought 

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

That coda for Bird's Flight was totally unexpected! I know MM said Pettigrew's Theme would come along towards the end but I still didn't hear it coming.

Gotta wonder what that underscored

Loved that Christmas Break cue. So that is not tracked twice in the Extended Cut like some have thought, it's a separate recording. Still a little odd the way they did it, but cool.

9 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

Gotta wonder what that underscored

After the unscored sequence with the Weasley twins explaining the map to Potter, Pettigrew's Theme kicks in as Harry sneaks into Hogsmeade. However, I think that's actually the following cue Brief Snow Scene (or The Three Broomsticks on the LLL).

A short deleted scene maybe? Or as @bollemanneke suggests it's an alternate for the opening of the following track (in which case the placement of an alternate here could provide some insight into MM's assembly ... and, hopefully, other alternates scattered amongst the film score presentation :)).

Just now, crumbs said:

Well, just checking the film, after the unscored sequence with the Weasley twins explaining the map to Potter, Pettigrew's Theme kicks in as Harry sneaks into Hogsmeade. However, I think that's actually the following cue Brief Snow Scene (or The Three Broomsticks, in the LLL tracklist).

So yeah, dunno. A short deleted scene maybe.

I think @bollemanneke is probably correct.

Just now, Alan said:

Putting some of the alternates in to the main body of the score could be how they got around having lots of very short cues.

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

Putting some of the alternates in to the main body of the score could be how they got around having lots of very short cues.

Bingo. Why have two 20 second tracks (like the two versions of Train to Hogwarts) when you can combine these cues with others?

It actually makes sense that both MM and JW would prefer this option from a listening experience perspective, as opposed to having a 20 second alternate of Train to Hogwarts isolated in the bonus section.

...hopefully, anyway :)

Just now, crumbs said:

Bingo. Why have two 20 second tracks (like the two versions of Train to Hogwarts) when you can combine these cues with others?

It actually makes sense that both MM and JW would prefer this option from a listening experience perspective, as opposed to having a 20 second alternate of Train to Hogwarts isolated in the bonus section.

...I hope :)

I bet this is exactly what happened. I mean think about it. Things like Train to Hogwarts, Something Wicked Intro, and Double Trouble March would go together nicely in a track. And I'm sure there are some others that would fit nicely into other tracks.

5 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'm finally beginning to feel confident nothing was omitted on this set.

Finally! Lol

1 minute ago, TSMefford said:

I bet there's lots of hidden gems throughout. This is why we must stay positive!

I'm sure there are! 

7 minutes ago, Alan said:

5 minutes ago, Alan said:

And I think those samples also showed us that even when combining cues, we're going to get clean starts and endings for those who want to make their own chronological playlist. Everyone wins :)

The more I know (and hear), the more I'm convinced this set is otherworldly awesome.

So is the HP focused section of the show over?
I missed some parts.

Btw, thanks @Chewy for the snippets!

I'm very much looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Is the (awesome as hell) CoS christmas cue "flubbed"? Seems like the sleighbells were early on their cue when the main motif returns at the end.

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Is the CoS christmas cue flubbed? Seems like the sleighbells were early on their cue when the main motif returns at the end.

This must be why they cut out the scene from the theatrical cut. Those sleigh bells utterly ruined the scene.

EDIT: Honestly it's hard to tell. The Compression is so intense on the radio show that it destroys some detail, but it does sound sort of rushed.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Is the (awesome as hell) CoS christmas cue "flubbed"? Seems like the sleighbells were early on their cue when the main motif returns at the end.

In part 2 of the interview with MM I seem to remember hearing some mess when they aired Fluffy's Lullaby.
Probably some technical issues, I'm sure the LLL set will have nothing wrong!

Those must've been radio compression issues, it sounds fine on the leak.

In Christmas, the bells find their tempo finally by the B phase and blend in perfectly by C and D, but in the A they're all over the place. Either they were rushing or the strings lagged behind.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

Those must've been radio compression issues, it sounds fine on the leak.

THe bells find their tempo finally by the B phase and blend in perfectly by C and D, but in the A they're all over the place. Either they were rushing or the strings lagged behind.

Yeah, sounded like there were two tracks playing the harp lullaby at the same time, but a fraction of second out of sync.
This COS cue issue appeared to be similar! 

Sometimes I wonder what our world... Hell, the world in general and the future of mankind!... would have looked like if William Ross had never been born... And John Williams had worked 100% on all 8 HP movies!