Jay's Score Information Collection (John Williams Edition)

Jay

The one me and a few others compiled, but I do think he's being too harsh on Jay's spreadshets because HP1 and 2 are just very straightforward. I guess the cue transitions aren't marked because he's (rightly?) assuming we know these things. I would still love to see one for HP3, though.

I can't think of any track on HP1 or HP2 where it isn't obvious where one cue ends and the next begins?  Especially since we have the recording session AND sheet music leaks for both scores.  Is there a particular track in either score that can you not figure it out?

Okay, maybe I AM a bit too harsh. I also know where most of the cues start and end, but this information should be included in a comprehensive spreasheet (as it is the usual case in your spreadsheets, @Jay). The information about the session leaks is interesting, but generally, now that we have the LLL set, of less interest. These 5 or 6 tables can be consolidated to 2 or 3 tables.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Added to main post

1972 - The Cowboys

1979 - Dracula

1984 - The River

1987 - Empire of the Sun

2001 - A.I. Artificial Intelligence

2001 - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

2004 - Harry Potter and the Prisoner Of Azkaban

2017 - The Post

@Jay Was looking at your A.I. Google Doc and saw in the "Release comparison" sheet that you defined 3-10 Finding the Blue Fairy (orchestral excerpt) to be the "same recording as end of 2-03, but with vocal line dialed out".

After playing and also inspecting the waveforms of the tracks, it seems that those are two different recordings/takes of the same cue (with only one of the recordings containing the voice).

On 12/14/2018 at 10:34 PM, Brundlefly said:

Regarding your Rosewood spreadsheet, @Jay:

I have the information of where one cue ends and the next cue begins, in case they were joined on the LLL release. I'm not so sure about track 4, but the rest is quite clear (thanks to MM always leaving a second of silence between the cues).

4 - Mann Goes Shopping (1:24) Mann Meets Scrappie

5 - Prayers at Dinner (1:49) The Wrights (3:03) War Drums

6 - Scrappie and Mann Bond (0:47) The Beating

8 - The Lie (1:52) Arresting Aaron

9 - Roughing Up Aaron (1:37) Aaron in Jail

11 - Discovering Sam's Body (1:16) Mann's First Exit

12 - Exchanging Gifts (1:18) Cracker Mob

13 - Sarah Is Shot (0:23) Attack on the House

14 - Kids to the Woods (1:30) The House Burns

15 - The Fire (1:18) Fanny's Guilt

16 - The Klan Gathers (1:40) Wright's Decision (2:59) The Crackers Gather

18 - Hide the Man, John (1:05) Wright's Dilemma (3:09) We Meet at Eight

21 - The Capture of Mann (3:25) Mann's Great Escape

22 - Burning Town (0:31) Sylvester Joins the Group

@Jay Still need to add the times of the cue transitions.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of this, @Jay as it’s a great resource and thanks @bollemanneke for mentioning my older interviews with Mike.

There’s also Jaws & The Fury (with the brilliant John Takis):

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7FYSW7jp2Ar8K6Yp6

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/M9RcwuwwKv1uEd1W8

Plus Hook with the always entertaining MV & Matt from LLL:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/beuwFoA7BFhqMGPL8

The career overview interview which highlights Mike Matessino’s fascinating beginnings and early projects was recorded at Air-Edel Studios so I feel the audio quality is especially good on this one:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/gUD8wBaSFSBEfzrXA

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, I just noticed a small inaccuracy in A.I. googledoc. The LLL-track "Reading the Words" ends with a "2M1 New ending" that starts at 4.50. The original ending (which is in the h/w score) was probably not recorded. And the insert seems to really sound from 2.51 to 4.50.

I guess you're right that it's "inaccurate" from a sheet music perspective, but from a recording perspective it isn't, because the New Ending was integrated into the sheets before 2M1 was recorded.  They never recorded the original ending from the earlier sheets.

And I don't follow what you mean in your final sentence - the google doc already says that the Insert runs from 2:51-4:50

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Amer said:

Jay, 

Is THE PATRIOT (sheets)  upcoming? I was planning to revisit the film and investigate it.

I’ve never seen anyone who has the sheets use them to figure out what’s in each OST track or what’s in the film where and since I can’t read music myself there isn’t much I can do

13 hours ago, Jay said:

I’ve never seen anyone who has the sheets use them to figure out what’s in each OST track or what’s in the film where and since I can’t read music myself there isn’t much I can do

Im baffled by your response. Im simply asking about the comparasion charts between the OST and the recorded cues like the other scores in this thread so I can see whats missing/unreleased.

Anyways, I found the appropriate post which had the cue listings. Somebody should put up the excel sheet at least. 

I'm baffled by your bafflement.  I can't make a doc that shows what's in each OST track unless someone who has the sheet music tells me the timestamps where each cue begins and ends within each track.

If that information exists online: Great!  A link to that would be helpful, instead of the response you gave.

23 minutes ago, Amer said:

here is the link.

Ah, there it is!  I literally forgot that had even been posted here; This isn't a score I've ever been able to get into.  Thanks for that!

I have transposed these to an excel sheet, which i just pvt messaged you as well. 

Excel files can be attached to board posts, no need to be secret with em

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip, @Chewy; for Chamber of Secrets: Christmas Break(short version) doesn't just seem to be an edit - the openings and endings phase, the middle doesn't. Could it be that 29.5-41.7s of (short version) is a new insert meant to bridge the opening and ending of the original long take better than an edit could?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, danbeck said:

Just noted that in the Jaws 2 spreadsheet the film track "Rescue Party" was not previously unreleased, as it was included as the Second half of the album cue "Brody Misunderstood".

Thanks for this!  All fixed up.

I can't believe it took 6 years for someone to notice that mistake!

• 2 months later...

@Jay, you really need to change the look of your HP3 LLL breakdown. It visually abuses every rule there is, when it comes to creating a clear Excel table. First of all, there shouldn't be any horizontal lines, if it's not absolutely necessary. I'm sorry, but my studies make me very sensitive on that issue.;)

I know, but you shouldn't pick the clearly inferior surface, just because some people requested it. The other option is visually appropriate and close to the standard with which professional tables operate in order not to confuse their viewers. The lines are objectively worse.

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

The other option is visually appropriate and close to the standard with which professional tables operate in order not to confuse their viewers. 

I hope you're kidding. 

Just sayin'. I apologize for my oversensitivity, but I think, that way the (with regards to the content very well structured) spreadsheet could profit from an alternate surface.

3 hours ago, Demodex said:

I hope you're kidding. 

I think, I know what you have in mind. We even have an emoji for these cases: :znaika: