Harry Potter 7CD Collection - Pictures, unboxing videos, and art design / liner notes discussion

Jay

42 minutes ago, Amer said:

I think going forward as such box sets may become a reality; we may see more box sets with better packaging in the future.

The recent Williams DRACULA set is an indication where Williams agency actually requested that something 'special' be designed for that set and we got a decent package on it. I'm sure at that point they had seen the designs of the HP LLL set and it must have taken their breath away.

So as and when a new box set like project transpires (Indy or Star Wars..) I hope to see such Regallites to prevail. 

LLL are definitely upping the stakes each year when it comes to presentation and 'jaw-drop' box sets. As I see it, there's really only 4 more opportunities in Williams' filmography to top the Potter box: 

Star Wars Original Trilogy

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Indiana Jones Tetralogy/Pentalogy

Sadly all these scores are owned by Disney (which means Disney Records). Unless MM is personally overseeing and producing every aspect of the releases, I doubt they'll come close to the attention to detail as his releases through independent labels. 

57 minutes ago, crumbs said:

LLL are definitely upping the stakes each year when it comes to presentation and 'jaw-drop' box sets. As I see it, there's really only 4 more opportunities in Williams' filmography to top the Potter box: 

Star Wars Original Trilogy

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

Star Wars Sequel Trilogy

Indiana Jones Tetralogy/Pentalogy

Sadly all these scores are owned by Disney (which means Disney Records). Unless MM is personally overseeing and producing every aspect of the releases, I doubt they'll come close to the attention to detail as his releases through independent labels. 

Im fairly certain that Matessino is now their go to guy for all new Williams restoration and related projects. The scale of the projects should dictate the budget. For me, the complete C & C presentation with Alternates and bonus cues and remastered OST album along with detailed liner notes is enough for me. The box set is just another icing on the cake. Truth be told. 

35 minutes ago, Amer said:

Im fairly certain that Matessino is now their go to guy for all new Williams restoration and related projects. The scale of the projects should dictate the budget. For me, the complete C & C presentation with Alternates and bonus cues and remastered OST album along with detailed liner notes is enough for me. The box set is just another icing on the cake. Truth be told. 

Absolutely, I'd like to think that's the case, especially if it means Williams' camp have enough clout with studios that they can actually request MM produce any future SW or IJ projects (regardless of which label takes it).

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Absolutely, I'd like to think that's the case, especially if it means Williams' camp have enough clout with studios that they can actually request MM produce any future SW or IJ projects (regardless of which label takes it).

😏

51 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

So only Lockdown has the set so far? Anybody else?

18 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

54AAF385-1C24-4BDB-8D72-8D4AB8451702.jpeg

6523EEA4-19F1-482F-A6C6-9E55EC51C547.jpeg

Congrats Jay! Thank you!!

See y’all on the other side :music:

17 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Reading the POA liner notes and there are some really nice quotes from Alfonso Cuaron.

He also mentions that of course JW played him things on the

piano, but that John saved Knight Bus for the sessions. "The hugest brass section I've ever seen in my life."

Also the bird flute solo was the very first cue recorded :lol: Flautist Karen Jones performed it perfectly first try and John congratulated her.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

I'm happy to answer questions

Hopefully tomorrow I can post a simple spreadsheet that may answer many's basic questions

That sounds awesome. Thanks for all you do! Can’t wait to enjoy the hell out of this.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I am quite impressed with it, Marcy was too.

It's pretty crazy to me that there is a $100 piece of official Harry Potter merchandise that theoretically JK Rowling looked over before approving, that has my name on it.

Congrats. That's something to be proud off. 👍

2 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

One funny observation, I don't think I knew for sure that Williams himself wrote the "Cast a Christmas Spell" lyrics.

Apparently someone (Columbus?) suggested a minor-key "Deck the Halls" and Williams said "Why should there be anything from the Muggle world at Hogwarts?" and just wrote the song during one of the sessions. Fuckin Robert Zimmerman over here!

It’s mentioned in this wonderful article from 2001. 😊

This is also the first time I learned about Williams calling people ‘baby’;

Williams is totally professional and focused. He creates a pleasant working atmosphere but does not let anything get past him; he may address people as "angel" or "baby" or even "angel baby," but they jump when he asks for something.

5 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

As with the JP box set, I prefer tracklist to appear I. The back covers ... I dobt like to get the booklet every time, I hate fingerprints on those and I'm very careful...

I have the tracklist always with me! It's in the music player I always carry around with me...

I suppose they couldn't fit on the back covers due to the large amount of titles. They are all in main booklet however. Speaking of which, going through the booklet a minute ago I found towards the end there's 2 pages of lyrics for all of the vocal cues... an interesting touch.

3 minutes ago, Once said:

There's four songs with lyrics, right?

I think, yes. I was surprised that they added something so obscure as that. It just goes to show how much detail went into this set.

6 minutes ago, Holko said:

Hogwarts Forever, Cast a Christmas Spell, Double Trouble, A Winter's Spell... should be!

Unless they include the Patronus- "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH   AAAAOOOOH AAAAOOOOHH"

I would've loved to have lyrics to orchestral cues.
"Quidditch, Second Year": Zing zing, boom swish swoosh pling plonk