Harry Potter 7CD Collection - Pictures, unboxing videos, and art design / liner notes discussion

Jay

17 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Star Wars would surely get more public attention than this, but it's going to have the same problem - the average SW fan (not all of whom will be crazy about the music) will look at a hypothetical MM set and not have a clue what's different about it.

OTOH, SW fans are more prone to collecting.

On 16/01/2022 at 11:35 PM, mrbellamy said:

I was shocked and disappointed when I saw Azkaban LTP how many people in the audience just got up and started walking out as soon as the credits started, chattering away over the orchestra like it was a movie theater. It's not like the lights came on or anything, people were just fumbling around in the dark. It's one thing to be more used to casual concert etiquette where you can socialize during the performance but to get up and leave while they're playing, that's some shit. It's really disrespectful, they should make an announcement at the beginning or something to please stay seated.

I think part of the reason why this problem exists is that the LTP events are communicated as movie visits with a live orchestra on top and not as a concert with a movie playing on top.

I’ve seen quite a few films with live orchestra at the Sydney Opera House, including Indiana Jones, Back to the Future and a few of the Harry Potter films.  I was always surprised when the audience started talking during the end credits.  For Chamber of Secrets, the orchestra didn’t even play the music during the end credits.  I was so disappointed!

On 17/01/2022 at 8:20 AM, Martin B. said:

I've also been considering about getting a second copy. 

a) as a backup

b) to get the fixed Azkaban tracks

If it comes back into stock around the same time as Schindler's I may also get another copy of that - also for the fixed tracks.

Were the Azkaban tracks actually fixed on subsequent pressings?

6 minutes ago, Joe Brausam said:

Apparently yes, but I only have the first pressing and can't confirm.

I don't believe the editing flub in Time Past / Saving Buckbeak was fixed, however.

1 hour ago, Joe Brausam said:

Yea

8 hours ago, crypto said:

Apparently yes, but I only have the first pressing and can't confirm.

I don't believe the editing flub in Time Past / Saving Buckbeak was fixed, however.

I suppose fixing that would open the door to things they didn't want to do, or they thought it unfair to people who had bought the first one.

On 30/1/2022 at 6:21 PM, crypto said:

it wasn’t.

When this thing finally comes back in print this year, it's going to sell out in a day, I'm willing to wager.

I hope everyone who doesn't have it but truly wants it gets one before scalpers get the rest....