Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, all! I noticed something while doing a project. In Jurassic Park, there is a cue titled "Goat Bait" that corresponds to the scene in which the tour cars stop at the T-Rex paddock and it doesn't show. It's a very atmospheric cue with no real melody, and it syncs up to the movie perfectly. This cue went unused, sadly. 

 

The other day, I was doing a project in which I put music in the T-Rex breakout section, just to see how it would sound. I figured that for the suspenseful opening with just the footsteps might sound good with the "Goat Bait" cue put in. When I put it in place, it synced up perfectly, almost like it was written for that scene specifically. I mixed it in and will attach that video in the replies. Please forgive the quality, my setup isn't exactly the greatest. I'll put the versions with the dialogue muted in the replies.

 

I can't help but wonder if JW planned this or if it's just a crazy coincidence. Hope you enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JW certainly didn't plan for the cue to work anywhere else except where intended.  Coincidences like this can be fun, though!

 

BTW, you can see it synced to the goat scene in this thread:

 

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27259-remixed-restored-jurassic-park/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jay said:

JW certainly didn't plan for the cue to work anywhere else except where intended.  Coincidences like this can be fun, though!

 

BTW, you can see it synced to the goat scene in this thread:

 

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27259-remixed-restored-jurassic-park/

 

Well I already did it. It's attached to the project. Or is it not? I'm confused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I didn't watch your video, just read your description.  I thought you said you synced it up to the T-Rex breakout scene, which is course is famously unscored in the final film

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jay said:

Sorry, I didn't watch your video, just read your description.  I thought you said you synced it up to the T-Rex breakout scene, which is course is famously unscored in the final film

 

I did that too but I couldn't load it. The one I posted here is mixed in the audio, idk if the other one is because it crashed my browser when i clicked it.

Here's the T-Rex scene, mixed in with the dialogue. I can share the ones with just music as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2018 at 11:34 PM, Jay said:

JW certainly didn't plan for the cue to work anywhere else except where intended.  Coincidences like this can be fun, though!

 

BTW, you can see it synced to the goat scene in this thread:

 

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27259-remixed-restored-jurassic-park/

 

The one in this thread appears to be synced more accurately, though. I'll have to update mine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2018 at 5:07 AM, Brundlefly said:

Terrible idea to put that music there.

 

Never said it was the right decision. I just think it was cool how well it synced up. I love that there's no music in that scene. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Well, it's a nice experiment that shows us, how great music can destroy a great scene, when it doesn't fit.

 

Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed? This is the second time you've seemed to target me specifically. You got something against pineapples?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Space Pineapple Prod. said:

Did somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed? This is the second time you've seemed to target me specifically. You got something against pineapples?

No no, I am absolutely serious with this and not at all sarcastic. It IS a nice experiment. Both the music and the scene are fantastic an their own. But put them together and the whole thing doesn't work anymore. My posts in this thread have by no means the intention to offend you, but I see that they can be read like that. Too much room for interpretation, that's the problem of the written word. The experiment as such is cool, the awful thing is exclusively the result.

 

The comment in the other thread referred more to the general "anniversary-insanity" that is oftentimes proven to be wrong, absolutely nothing personal. By the way, to answer your questions, I had a great day and pine apples are my third favourite fruit, right after bananas and strawberrys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

No no, I am absolutely serious with this and not at all sarcastic. It IS a nice experiment. Both the music and the scene are fantastic an their own. But put them together and the whole thing doesn't work anymore. My posts in this thread have by no means the intention to offend you, but I see that they can be read like that. Too much room for interpretation, that's the problem of the written word. The experiment as such is cool, the awful thing is exclusively the result.

 

The comment in the other thread referred more to the general "anniversary-insanity" that is oftentimes proven to be wrong, absolutely nothing personal. By the way, to answer your questions, I had a great day and pine apples are my third favourite fruit, right after bananas and strawberrys!

 

Oh, well I'm sorry for assuming! I actually did the whole scene with music and it did NOT work. Silence is golden, as they say. I just thought it was funny how it synced up perfectly with the cuts in the scene, even though it wasn't scored for it and score doesn't work there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.