Photorealistic Demo of "Riding The Lizard" from RotS

InTheCity

2 hours ago, InTheCity said:

oops yes you are right - ROTS not TPM

Alex Temple - who at the time was an employee and now writes for Riot Games - did these mockups. 

Lots of cinesamples libraries  

Interesting. I remember his name from SoundsOnline.com, where some of his samples were featured for the Symphonic Orchestra and Hollywood Orchestra series.

• 1 month later...

the photorealistic title threw me off but actually listening to these is mind-boggling! they're almost completely identical to the real thing, sample libraries and the surrounding technology have come an insanely long way. especially that brass, normally that's the worst part but it sounds really crisp and natural here.

I second the motion of getting this kind of treatment on unreleased cues, in particular the alternate AOTC ending cue - I think that'd be utterly fantastic as a complete 'what-if' audio experience.

They sound amazing. Which actually makes me despair a little. It's a peek into what the future of music might become... one where the combined human talent of dozens or hundreds of devotees to a humanly fundamental craft is replaced by 0s and 1s and virtually no one will ever be the wiser (and fewer still will care).

It's weird... If that ever does happen, I'll always remember this was the day and place I first experienced a foreboding of a future I'm truly beginning to dread. It wasn't photoshop that did it, or genetic engineering or climate change, but these two demos I listened to just now.