SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

On 2/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, Lostandfound36 said:

So I’m listening to the opening theme. I worry - it’s sounds a little tinny. I wonder what others think? It’s v clean but.... 

what do you guys mean? Like it lacks bass or something?

3 hours ago, King Mark said:

what do you guys mean? Like it lacks bass or something?

No problems here. 

I think 1:33 of CD1 track 2 is foreshadowing the theme of track 15 CD2 at 0:57.

Ordered mine on the 16th but still awaiting shipment - hoping this means it's selling well!!? 

Well I finally got my shipping confirmation last night and I ordered immediately when this was released.

I listened to the first 3 tracks last night, I think it sounds superb! 

The harp and bells sparkle, the percussion and low piano in track 2 have such weight and presence, feels like it's in the room with me. The strings have a real warmth and there's definitely more detail and separation.

Excellent sound quality, very excited to listen to the rest later. 

Mine should be here Monday.

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Wonder how this is selling?

Well I ordered mine shortly after it went on sale, and I paired it with Goldsmith release so that delayed it a few days.

I got my shipping notice Thursday.

I'm no pro at custom art, but I never liked the Debney cover, so I made this one yesterday for my iTunes.  (It's not the right dimensions for a double jewel insert)

Superman the Movie.jpg

I haven’t got my set yet, but I am making due with this that I found on the internet.

It’s what’s been keeping me from going crazy before I get the actual thing.

I know it’s not the real thing, but at least it’s crystal clear - in it’s own way. It also lacks the bass that some of you have mentioned, which is annoying but - hey - what can you do?

Sheet Music Boss (YouTube)

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Wow, why is the silence at the end of Flying to Lois so huge?

You don't hear all the frequencies, don't you?

🙄

5 hours ago, Arpy said:

Just listening now, and pardon my Krypton: HOLY SHIT! The clarity, the warmth, the life - so many sounds and instruments are now audible! This remaster is proof that in the right hands, Star Wars and Indiana Jones would sound fucking amazing!

Well, at least Raiders already sounds great on the DCC release!

Just got the notification that mine has been delivered! Going straight to the cinema after work to see Alien so not going to get my hands on it until late. Can't wait to hear it!

Why is it required to have 'extended version' on expanded releases while OSTs don't seem to require it? For example, why do we have two 'Harry's Wondrous Worlds' cues on the OSTs even though they're different?

I received my copy in the mail yesterday - I had just uncovered our mailbox from the foot of snow we got not long before they came by, luckily!

There's a very nice list of all the cues used to assemble the CDs, including the date each was recorded, it's reel/part number, and Williams' original cue name for each.  Pretty neat!