SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

21 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But does it love you back?

Yes it does and unlike Lois I haven't been dropped

Yes, I get it. But complain about exchange rates then.

Not that a company should put something up on sale - when they really shouldn’t - because that isn’t the issue.

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Why should they put it on sale if it’s 1) still a new item 2) still selling?

I. Don’t understand the attitude “aw, it’s not on sale - poor me”?

Jusy buy it. Or don’t.

Or just exempt it as a sale item, instead of disabling people from even purchasing it at all while a sale is happening.

5 hours ago, The Original said:

Or just exempt it as a sale item, instead of disabling people from even purchasing it at all while a sale is happening.

Let me repeat my quote from above:

We're still waiting for more SUPERMAN THE MOVIE to arrive from La-La Land Records. La-La Land was in process of changing pressing plants, which is the reason for the delay in getting more product to dealers. They originally said they'd be shipping "early May" but now they're saying "hopefully June." The guys at La-La Land are understandably frustrated as are all customers who are waiting for this title.

You can argue that they decided to have a sale while Superman was out of stock (and why not), but I don't see them deliberately keeping it out of stock for weeks just so they can have a sale.

• 4 weeks later...

When listening to this set, I always a weird feeling when hearing "Lex Luthor's Lair (Extended Version)", it sounds off, as if the cue was just playing at wrong speed. Have you guys noticed that too?

Info from MV on the FSM message board about the repressing of Superman (and Harry Potter):

WEA moved to another plant and we can't even get in our repressings of Superman and Harry Potter because no one knows what happened to the cds they supposedly sent to us!

I guess I can wait a few more months......

I have Die Hard in the same order. Perhaps I'll get it in time for Christmas.

Strike that, I just got a shipping confirmation email (and the order summary does include Superman)!

Shit. I just opened my set to discover that disc 3 has two tiny scratches, look quite deep so hope this won't affect ripping / playback.

IMG_20190724_1824419~2.jpg

See top left just below the rainbow flare thing.

I'm ripping now with EAC to check :crymore:

EDIT: So ripped fine, now for the listening test. Am I being too finicky? Should I ask for a replacement? Is MV too overwhelmed to care at this stage?

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Shit. I just opened my set to discover that disc 3 has two tiny scratches, look quite deep so hope this won't affect ripping / playback.

IMG_20190724_1824419~2.jpg

I got the same kind of scratches on one Jurassic Park CD, but it's always played/ripped fine.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Holko said:

Intrada... If you're not ordering direct from the issuer anyway, why not order from a reseller within Europe and forget customs?

The customs usually aren't a problem, aside from some delays (last time I had to actually pay extra for a soundtrack order was when Varese released their Spartacus set). European retailers are still considerably more expensive than US orders with shipping, plus I have some Varese stuff in the same order as well which I think wasn't yet available at the Euro shops when I ordered. At least the long delay before they got Superman in stock meant that they could add Monsignor while the order was still pending.

I skipped the whole customs, heavy shipping price tag and had it (my POTA set ie) shipped directly to my New York address at my aunts house. Someone visiting will bring this to me in coming month or weeks. 

15 hours ago, Amer said:

I skipped the whole customs, heavy shipping price tag and had it (my POTA set ie) shipped directly to my New York address at my aunts house. Someone visiting will bring this to me in coming month or weeks. 

Latest update is that the customs office is missing an invoice, so I'm probably about to get a letter to which I have to respond with a copy of my invoice email before I get my package (and a customs fees bill). It'll probably arrive here when I'm in NYC myself, so that might have been a better option...

8 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Maybe they ran out?

well of course they're out of stock. .It's just taking forever for the to get new copies

On 8/14/2019 at 6:51 AM, King Mark said:

well of course they're out of stock. .It's just taking forever for the to get new copies

GOOD NEWS!  Back in stock at LA LA LAND RECORDS.

Just got an email flyer from LLL.

https://lalalandrecords.com/superman-the-movie-40th-anniv-remastered-limited-edition-3-cd-set/