SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

How in the hell is SAE not having the sets yet? You ordered it months ago...SAE must have placed the order months ago too... :/

Production plant troubles, see above. I ordered mine at Intrada in March, right now the Austrian customs office has it. I'll finally be able to hold it in my hands when I'm back from the US at the beginning of September.

12 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah, but since february there have been several mails about it being 'back in stock' at different times. it seems strange that SAE did no get their batch in one of those...

Probably not enough to fulfill all back orders. Funny enough, my own copy was shipped right after they announced that they won't have proper stock for a while yet (and Intrada still listed it as out of stock afterwards, so they didn't get enough copies to send out all orders and still have copies left at least).

On 8/21/2019 at 11:25 PM, rough cut said:

For those of you who had to order replacement discs - were you not able to play the discs, or was it that the discs had visual defects (like a minor scratch but still played fine)?

In my case it was the latter. I checked my copy with EAC and it ripped error free. However I did request a replacement and promptly received it today. LLL customer service is superb. Sadly a few of my other recent LLL purchases have the same issue (and I've not had the time to check them yet).

3 minutes ago, Thekthithm said:

There are some of us who don't open a set for months or even years...!

Indeed! I waited a month to unseal my Jaws 3-D only to find that disc 2 was not in the set!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Quite a large percentage of my LLL purchases has had scratches.

so I'm not alone

lucky they found me a replacement disk 2 JP long after it was OOP, which was very nice of them

I see these c.d.'s as collector items so the disks shouldn't have scratches .I wouldn't accept that from a store bought c.d.

Yes, but I understand that in this case it is the opposite of that.

Nothing wrong with that I guess, and kudos to LLL for helping customers with specialized neeeds when it is debatable whether the product is faulty or not.

Yes, but sometimes it is impossible to guarantee that a product is absolutely, guaranteed, hands-down flawless.

Even though a lot of releases are called “collectors edition” we’re still talking about mass produced, factory made products - not hand cut diamonds.

To make another analogy, if you buy a pair of Levi’s, maybe it’s ok that somewhere there’s a seam that’s not perfect. 

But, as I said, kudos to LLL for listening to and handling these requests with top-notch service. I’d say it goes beyond what anybody can expect.

The fact is that, with thousands of CD albums in my collection, and just slightly more than a dozen LLL releases, I've had more serious manufacturing defects pertaining to the LLL albums than all the other albums combined. That speaks volumes of LLL's lack of quality control.

17 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

There are some of us who don't open a set for months or even years...!

Yes I just opened my AI set a few weeks ago, the discs are fine but the cover booklet is slightly smudged. Can I still get a new copy of the booklet only-Its OOP now? 

52 minutes ago, Holko said:

A few weeks ag... and a sealed E.T.? At that point, isn't it just blind passionless hoarding?

Even before my set arrived, I had already listened to it exhaustively, read the booklet. So why tear that beatiful plastic protecting the still immaculate shinny disc? Putting my hands full of fingers on those precious discs would be practically a rape...

... and no, I'm not selling it and never will.

On 8/21/2019 at 9:23 PM, JTWfan77 said:

My replacement disc 3 will be with me shortly. LLL's service is outstanding.

Ok. So it turns out their service is good but flawed. They sent me a replacement disc 2 rather than disc 3. Oy vey.

5 hours ago, phbart said:

Even before my set arrived, I had already listened to it exhaustively, read the booklet. So why tear that beatiful plastic protecting the still immaculate shinny disc? Putting my hands full of fingers on those precious discs would be practically a rape...

... and no, I'm not selling it and never will.

You know that you could be missing one cd or have duplicated CDs...and you never know...just in a few years when you decide to open the cd...

33 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

You know that you could be missing one cd or have duplicated CDs...and you never know...just in a few years when you decide to open the cd...

I'll buy the vinyl version... and will keep it sealed for a couple of years too.

1 hour ago, Amer said:

Seriously? No. Not if you have two toddlers around you, long office hours, business travels and a gym routine. You tend to pile up your newest acquisitions until you find the right time to open up your cds as well as occasionally revisit other cds from your collection. 

Don't make presumptuous. It's tough when you have little time and a blazing passion for your music and a Life. 

Hear hear! Not all of us have time on our hands to plough through every CD immediately.

2 hours ago, Amer said:

Seriously? No. Not if you have two toddlers around you, long office hours, business travels and a gym routine. You tend to pile up your newest acquisitions until you find the right time to open up your cds as well as occasionally revisit other cds from your collection. 

I don't have any of those and I still don't have time to listen to my music.

Again, I don’t think anyone here berates a fellow JWfan for not having time to listen to a bought CD... Life sometimes gets in the way of how much and when we are able to get our JW fix! 😉

I think, however, that it sounded as if the CDs stayed unopened for the sake of collecting. That might’ve irked some people.

It’s just like that sad story in Home Alone 2. When Kevin finally opened those ice scates, they had micro scratches. 😂

66EF3AF8-C4C5-4C83-80C0-7F9A067C5600.gif

3 hours ago, rough cut said:

Again, I don’t think anyone here berates a fellow JWfan for not having time to listen to a bought CD... Life sometimes gets in the way of how much and when we are able to get our JW fix! 😉

Not just John Williams, but loads of Goldsmith, Silvestri, Horner and fuck knows whoever else.