SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE - 3CD Set from La-La Land Records

TownerFan

• 2 months later...

Any chance of LLL making available a outer cardboard box for their recent Superman 1-4 releases like we have for other box sets?  The Disaster box set were different catalog numbers so that wouldn’t be a reason not to do it I believe.  I’d sure love to see and own one!

4 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Any chance of LLL making available a outer cardboard box for their recent Superman 1-4 releases like we have for other box sets?  The Disaster box set were different catalog numbers so that wouldn’t be a reason not to do it I believe.  I’d sure love to see and own one!

You could email them and raise the idea. I assume it would be quite complex to licence that type of thing from DC/WB so many years after the releases were finished though.

Does anybody ever listen to CD 3?

The first two discs are really great. And the natural orchestra sound does make this a wonderful listening experience.

But I listened to the OST for about 30 years. And I prefer the versions on the first two discs anyway.

So, so far I never listened to disk 3.

1 hour ago, May the Force be with You said:

Would LLL ever be interest to just sell a cardboard box? I mean have they ever done such a thing?

It might be easier to just design and print a cardboard box yourself. There'd be printing places that look after things like that, surely.

13 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

I do listen CD3 when I don't have the time to play the 1 and 2

Yes. I also thought, this might be an option if you like to have an end to end experience of 70 minutes.

But that's another thing. What I always liked about the score is that you have that separation of the more quiet and very diverse first part and the action focussed second part.

Usually, I prefer either the one or the other, so usually no aim to hear both in one go.

But if you like that, this makes sense.

Just chiming in to also sing this sets praises - the pristine sound quality and improvements over previous is a real bonus to the music which is so rich and involving. I wasn't really a fan of the film, but the score is revelatory in just how virtuoso Williams was in crafting the first most iconic superhero score, and I'm not joking when I say all superhero scores since have been living in its shadow.

5 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Would LLL ever be interest to just sell a cardboard box? I mean have they ever done such a thing?

That was pretty much what I was going after originally.  I have all 3 releases and would like to put them into a box set.  I'd definitely purchase the box by itself.

I do not have the Blue Box but I did buy one of the extra booklets that were being sold for $5 or whatever the price was for it.  I would pay $5 plus shipping for a LLL Superman I-IV outer cardboard box.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:38 PM, Pellaeon said:

This has been “temporarily out of stock” for a very long time. :/

STILL out of stock. Wait! It was back in stock and I missed it? Aargh!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, Arpy said:

Just chiming in to also sing this sets praises - the pristine sound quality and improvements over previous is a real bonus to the music which is so rich and involving. I wasn't really a fan of the film, but the score is revelatory in just how virtuoso Williams was in crafting the first most iconic superhero score, and I'm not joking when I say all superhero scores since have been living in its shadow.

But... But what about the Batman?

4 hours ago, mxsch said:

But... But what about the Batman?

Are you just trying to prove the point?

1 minute ago, Tallguy said:

Are you just trying to prove the point?

I think score to the Batman is somewhat superior in comparison to Superman. Or we can't compare them and just mention that they are 200% best out there.

On 6/19/2021 at 4:24 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

No, Superman is better indeed. No doubts there..

Superman is rated 4.20 on Filmtracks. Batman is 4.3 and top 10 in the ratings, based on multiple rankings. Nuff said. 

Villain theme is better in Batman, great use of choir, full-blown waltz, Attack of the Batwing easily kills most of the Superman action sequences and e.t.c.

I really like JW but Elfman here is a winner.