THE ORVILLE - Music Discussion (Bruce Broughton, Joel McNeely, John Debney, Andrew Cottee, Kevin Kaska)

Ollie

6 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Someome I know send the following message to me from another forum/message board.

Take it with a grain of salt, I have no 'real' proof to back it up.

'I have a friend that a few days ago started doing the art for the official The Orville: New Horizons soundtrack release and apparently its going to be a 4CD set 4h+'

The pessimist in me thinks this is far too good to be true. But I will shit myself if it is!

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

The pessimist in me thinks this is far too good to be true. But I will shit myself if it is!

The optimist in me thinks that it would be a far too niche/obscure thing to brag about if it weren't true... really hope it is!

I totally missed this cue from John Debney, didn't see until I checked FSM and saw that someone posted it last month!

https://www.facebook.com/john.debney.75/videos/760574601664857/

Anyone know where this one plays? I imagine it's from Domino, given the Kaylon theme, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It shares some characteristics with the cue that plays when the Orville is descending on Kaylon in the first half of the episode; maybe it's an alternate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's certainly possible too, it seems to sync up well with both scenes, and it shares orchestration similarities with both too. I was kind of hoping it wasn't an alternate, since in that case it has much less of a chance of being released. :P

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know why it takes so long for an album to be released for the new season.

It also happened with the Seasons 1 & 2. But is there a reason the albums came out months/years later?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the exact same thought yesterday.

I bet it won't come this year anymore. I have a feeling it might not be until february or even march.

I want it soo badly!

And I would really like to know what the exact reason is that all 3 Orville seasons took so long for an album to release. I get it for cd etc, but to release it digitally shouldn't take almost a year everytime?

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to have some news on this, but why oh why are they still sort of vague and only write coming shortly?

The coming soon from last post was almost 4 months ago!

But if that other both about 4.5 hours in correct, I'm actually not complaining

8 hours ago, SilverTrumpet said:

Which one?

On 01/09/2022 at 3:28 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

Someome I know send the following message to me from another forum/message board.

Take it with a grain of salt, I have no 'real' proof to back it up.

'I have a friend that a few days ago started doing the art for the official The Orville: New Horizons soundtrack release and apparently its going to be a 4CD set 4h+'

Doesn't Dan Goldwasser currently work exclusively with LLL? So, if his post does pertain to The Orville, that would indicate that LLL is doing it, and that it wouldn't be releasing until April at the earliest...