"Celebrating John Williams" concert (Gustavo Dudamel/LA Phil, Disney Concert Hall, January 24-27, 2019) - 2CD set available on March 15

TownerFan

Why doesn't some one record 'Young Indy First Adventure' Concert version cue for cd. I have been wanting this piece for years? Maybe we should request Dudamel and Keith Lockhart... 

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's a Grammaphon? Does it have something to do with grammar?

;)

You nevar herd of Dutch Grammaphone?

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's a Grammaphon? Does it have something to do with grammar?

;)

No, no. It's just a misspelling that's a bit confusing. It should say Grandmaphone and it looks like this:

grandma-phone-01.jpg

2 hours ago, Ludwig said:

No, no. It's just a misspelling that's a bit confusing. It should say Grandmaphone and it looks like this:

grandma-phone-01.jpg

I'm a grandma? Hold on, better call my children brb

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Meh. No Han Solo and the Princess? And why can't they release the London concert?!

Well this album has practically the same programme as the London concert sans only Dracula, the BFG and Han Solo and the Princess plus some other pieces not heard there.

The only new previously unreleased piece here is the Adagio from TFA which might nor might not be enough of a reason for me to buy this set of the otherwise familiar fan favourites.

54 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Well this album has practically the same programme as the London concert sans only Dracula, the BFG and Han Solo and the Princess plus some other pieces not heard there.

But the LSO performance was so glorious. And I need that concert in proper quality, sans 'live and exclusively on Classic FM', humming and dynamc range compression.

10 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

But the LSO performance was so glorious. And I need that concert in proper quality, sans 'live and exclusively on Classic FM', humming and dynamc range compression.

Agreed. The performance was glorious indeed. Shame that it wasn't released on CD.

10 minutes ago, Obi said:

There is anywhere a preview or video or something about this TFA Adagio ?

Anyway, there is only a month to wait for listen it.

Essentially it is The Starkiller adagio heard on the soundtrack album but expanded for concert.