Mission: Impossible 7 & 8

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait. Just one question, though...WHO THE BUGGERING HELL IS POM KLEMENTIEFF?????!!!!!

Sounds like a disguise name for Inspector Clouseau. 

On 11/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait. Just one question, though...WHO THE BUGGERING HELL IS POM KLEMENTIEFF?????!!!!!

And actress who was in the most successful film of all time, amongst others.

• 1 year later...

They were filming in Venice just when I visited for a weekend last autumn (the only couple of days in 2020 that I left the city). I only learnt about it when it was announced that they had to shut down temporarily due to COVID concerns.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
15 hours ago, Jay said:

Just a grammatical question... as i have seen this structure several times lately with everchanging releases of films.

"Studio moves film release date BACK from May to September."

Shouldn't it be "Studio moves film release date FORTH from May to September."

As the date is not earlier but later...

But if "pushing back" means moving to a later date, shouldn't "spring forward, fall back" mean that you set the clocks to a later time in autumn? I guess temporal grammar is messed up in every language.

I guess it's the difference between "push back" and "pull back", which are both used in English at different times

11 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

But if "pushing back" means moving to a later date, shouldn't "spring forward, fall back" mean that you set the clocks to a later time in autumn? I guess temporal grammar is messed up in every language.

Could it have something to do with the direction you would move the hands of a clock?

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

I guess it's the difference between "push back" and "pull back", which are both used in English at different times

Or it's just the general confusion when talking about relative times. In, people from different regions can't even agree on how to say the time of day. 5:15 may be "quarter six", or "quarter past five", or even "quarter over five" (no article though, curiously), and I believe in other regions "quarter six" can also mean 5:45. Explaining to someone else in which direction the clock should be changed on DST changes is more difficult than actually remembering it yourself.

If you took out all the Schifrin mutilations and synth-soundalike cello stuff and cut the whole thing down to about 5 minutes, you might be able to condense it into a somewhat decent brief percussion cue.

I visited home recently (Birmingham, UK) and they were filming this in the major railway station there when I was getting my train back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So they started filming MI7 in September 2020, finally finished in September 2021, and it'll hit theaters in July 2023...

Plenty of time for McQuarrie to realize he doesn't like Balfe's music in his film after all, and to reach out to Joey Kraemers :)

On 02/09/2021 at 9:49 PM, May the Force be with You said:

Am I the only one hear who enjoyed Fallout score?

I like 55 mins of it, some of it from the OST, and some from the iso score. Although I only liked it after seeing the film.

The rest of it is pretty bad.

14 hours ago, Jay said:

So they started filming MI7 in September 2020, finally finished in September 2021, and it'll hit theaters in July 2023...

Plenty of time for McQuarrie to realize he doesn't like Balfe's music in his film after all, and to reach out to Joey Kraemers :)

I realise Covid has played havoc with release schedules, but almost 2 years after it was finished filming until its release seems unnecessarily long. 

16 hours ago, Jay said:

It would indeed be nice if *something* good came out of this pandemic.

• 2 months later...

Tom Cruise and Paramount Remain Divided on ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ Release Strategy

"Mission: Impossible 7" has been plagued by COVID production delays, an inflated budget, and a stunted theatrical release plan.

Just release this crap on Paramount+ for all I care. We all know that Lorne Balfe's music will sound like a cheap synthy TV score anyway.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part One

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part Two

Bit of a mouthful.

They should maybe have just gone with Dead Reckoning and then another title for the 8th movie. Maybe they can call the last one Endgame lol

• 4 weeks later...

That's....not the actual one :P

Score is from Balfe, they had a recording session of it specifically for the trailer at AIR week before CinemaCon.

15 minutes ago, antovolk said:

That's....not the actual one :P

Score is from Balfe, they had a recording session of it specifically for the trailer at AIR week before CinemaCon.

LOL

As one of the seemingly few people that thought Fallout was a major step down from the franchise peak of Rogue Nation.... I'm not sure I'm actually looking forward to this.

Both Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation struck a great tonal balance of serious with lighthearted.  Fallout was way too dour IMO.

Fallout went in one eye and out the other for me.  I have a vague memory of fighting Superman in a bathroom and finding the love interest from movie 3 in the desert but man, nothing else left an impression at all.

Films 1,3-5 are all pretty memorable and rewatchable!

Oh yea, I remember now, the bit where the helicopter gets wedged between rocks on a cliffside or something right?