Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

It was trying very hard, I'll give you that. But after the bland hour of lethargic meandering, the last 20 minutes decent sci-fi imagery that was promised seemed like a sweet release.

Yay! :woop:

‘Lost in Space’ Renewed for Third and Final Season at Netflix

“Lost in Space” has been renewed for a third season at Netflix, which will also be the show’s last. In addition, Netflix has announced that series showrunner Zack Estrin has signed a multi-year overall deal with the streamer to produce new series.

The news comes under three months since the launch of Season 2, which debuted on Dec. 24. Season 3 of “Lost in Space” is expected to debut in 2021, with the show having launched originally in April 2018.

“From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy,” Estrin said. “A three part epic family adventure with a clear beginning, middle and end. It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith… and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of ‘Lost In Space’ is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

The series is a reboot of the classic 1960’s science fiction series of the same name. Set 30 years in the future, colonization in space is now a reality, and the Robinson family is among those tested and selected to make a new life for themselves in a better world. But when the new colonists find themselves abruptly torn off course en route to their new home they must forge new alliances and work together to survive in a dangerous alien environment, lightyears from their original destination.

The show stars Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, Maxwell Jenkins, Mina Sundwall, Taylor Russell, Ignacio Serricchio, and Parker Posey. Estrin executive produces along with Kevin Burns, Jon Jashni, Matt Sazama, and Burk Sharpless. Legendary Television produces.

“We are so thrilled to share more adventures of The Robinson Family and see their journey through to what is sure to be an epic finale,” said Ted Biaselli, director of original series at Netflix. “We’re especially thankful to Zack Estrin, Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless, Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni for helming ‘Lost in Space,’ which has brought viewers a premium action-packed and visually spectacular series that the whole family can enjoy together, and we can’t wait for our family audiences to see where season 3 will lead!”

The original “Lost in Space,” created by Irwin Allen, aired for three seasons, from 1965 to 1968 on CBS. The original also spawned a 1998 feature film starring William Hurt, Gary Oldman, Matt LeBlanc, Heather Graham and Mimi Rogers.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/lost-in-space-renewed-final-season-3-netflix-1203527726/

When the idiots at Netflix premiered S2 alongside the blockbuster The Witcher, I feared that they lost interest on the show... But, thankfully, they'll allow it to end with a proper ending, without cliffhangers or anything.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

No, not a loss. It's just not a show for me. One can't love everything.

True true. My mistake. We all love what we love and don't love what we don't.

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Amazon's LotR series has ceased production "indefinitely" due to Coronovirus.

Ooof

The upcoming continuation of Reno 911 on Quibi is EXACTLY like the original, damn

That's not an upcoming television show, it started this week.  We watched the first episode Tuesday night.

I thought it was somewhat interesting, but mostly boring.

And the makeup and/or lighting on Winona Ryder was all over the place, sometimes she looked like she was supposed to be in her early 30s, sometimes she looked her actual age (late 40s)

Like it says in the first comment:

I want the world to know this series, and at the same time I want to keep it my little secret. HBO's adaptation is simply superb.

Warner Bros. and Amblin — which produced The Goonies — are producing the pilot along with Fox's content accelerator SideCar. Watson executive produces with director Greg Mottola (Superbad, The Newsroom), SideCar head Gail Berman, Lauren Shuler Donner, Richard Donner and Amblin's Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked the OJ Simpson season of American Crime Story, but really did not like the Versace season.  Never saw Popular, Nip Tuck, Glee, Feud, 911, or The Politician, bounced out of American Horror after a couple episodes.  I guess he's a one-hit-wonder for me.

I liked Feud. Had a lot of charm and two fantastic leads in charge. I've never seen anything else by him though.

The OJ season of American Crime Story is the only good thing he's ever done. I thankfully gave up Glee after a few episodes, and somehow managed to sit through two seasons of that never ending abomination called American Horror Story.

I've never seen Perry Mason before, but some of the writers of Weeds and Friday Night Lights have made a prequel miniseries for it for HBO

My wife and I will have a fun time going through all the branching options!  The Black Mirror one was fun

Twice?  We saw lots of branches but was never brought all the way back to the beginning or anything.  Even once we got an end credits roll, and it still returned is to just before we made the decision that led to it when the credits were over.

We started from the beginning twice, and then made it through to an end credits.  Along the way both times, there were plenty of opportunities to go back and redo a bad choice, of course.  The second time around, we made an effort to make different choices than the first time.