Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

Anyone seen AWAY?

Any good?

On 9/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, bruce marshall said:

So.

With all the talk , no one has seen it?

Not even the free first episode?

I should have known you guys were too cheap to pay for HBO MAX

😒

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer for the new adaptation of The Stand

It'll be ten 1-hour episodes (the 1994 version was four 2-hour episodes, well, 90 minutes with the commercials removed)

Older news that I missed until now

Hit HBO Comedy Series CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, Starring Larry David, Will Return For An Eleventh Season

HBO has renewed the Emmy(R) and Golden Globe-winning comedy series CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, starring Larry David, for an eleventh season, it was announced today by Amy Gravitt, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming.

"This past season tapped into the zeitgeist in such an uncomfortably delightful way," said Gravitt. "Larry is already busy writing, and we can't wait to see what he has in store."

Adds Larry David, "Believe me, I'm as upset about this as you are. One day I can only hope that HBO will come to their senses and grant me the cancellation I so richly deserve."

Originally debuting on HBO in 2001 and presenting 100 episodes to date, CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM stars "Seinfeld" co-creator David as an over-the-top version of himself in an unsparing but tongue-in-cheek depiction of his fictionalized life. The series' ten-episode tenth season debuted January 19, 2020 and brought back series veterans including Susie Essman ("Broad City"), Jeff Garlin ("The Goldbergs"), Emmy(R) nominee Cheryl Hines ("Suburgatory"), Richard Lewis ("Anything But Love"), J.B. Smoove ("The Millers") and Emmy(R) winner Ted Danson ("The Good Place").

The comedy series continues to prove how seemingly trivial details of one's day-to-day life - a cold cup of coffee, a stained shirt, a missing toothbrush - can precipitate a chain of misfortune to hilarious effect. To keep the narrative spontaneous, the series is shot without a script and cast members are given scene outlines and improvise lines as they go.

Season eleven credits: CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM is created by Larry David; executive producers, Larry David, Jeff Garlin, Jeff Schaffer, Gavin Polone; co-executive producer, Laura Streicher; consulting producer, Jon Hayman.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:50 AM, Jay said:

Trailer for the new adaptation of The Stand

It'll be ten 1-hour episodes (the 1994 version was four 2-hour episodes)

Maybe Laura San Giaccomo will go topless in this one😜😳

16 hours ago, Jay said:

Seasons 5 to 8 were a disaster. The finale is one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

Let's hope the revival is at least better than the last few seasons.

On 10/12/2020 at 12:49 PM, bruce marshall said:

Maybe Laura San Giaccomo will go topless in this one😜😳

Yeah thankfully she's not in this.

32 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Seasons 5 to 8 were a disaster. The finale is one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

Let's hope the revival is at least better than the last few seasons.

The best thing they could do is just ignore seasons 5-8 and pickup where season 4 left of.  Well, the cast is too old now to pick up immediately after, but they can pick up years later and eventually he can have some line about this weird dream he had (season 5-8) and just ignore everything that happened in them.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:24 AM, Jay said:

I agree with Alex Cremers

I don't. Was mostly an average show, with some occasional highs.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:14 AM, AC1 said:

Away’ cancelled by Netflix after one season.

I'm glad they listened to me. Bad, bad show.

away_101_unit_03109r.jpg

Why would it need a second season? 

They got their ass to Mars.

Just assume they get home and the Chinese lady is reunited with Lady Love. 

The rest of the cast is more enjoyable than Hillary Swank. 

Huh.  Here's an interesting way one production is getting around covid filming restrictions

After 3 seasons of live action, season 4 of No Activity will be animated

I've never even heard of this show

Just now, Jay

Stephen King’s Castle Rock Cancelled at Hulu After Two Seasons

I've never seen this show, but I was mildly curious about it.

Anybody here watch?

Starts out promising, very atmospheric. We watched about four before stopping. It's incredibly slow and thus, boring.

David Fincher on the future of Mindhunter:

Fincher reiterated his recent doubts, expanding that he doesn’t “know if it makes sense to continue” as it “was an expensive show, it had a very passionate audience but we never got the numbers that justified the cost.”

“I certainly needed some time away,” Fincher said. “We had all hands on deck to finish [season two] and we didn’t have a ton of scripts and a ton of outlines and a bible standing by for season three. I’ll admit I was a little bit like ‘I don’t know that I’m ready to spend another two years in the crawl space.‘”

“At some point I’d love to revisit it,” Fincher said. “The hope was to get all the way up to the late 90’s, early 2000’s, hopefully get all the way up to people knocking on the door at Dennis Rader’s house.”

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1155461-david-fincher-opens-up-on-concerns-of-mindhunter-future

On 11/10/2020 at 11:30 AM, Quintus said:

Starts out promising, very atmospheric. We watched about four before stopping. It's incredibly slow and thus, boring.

Yeah. Good start. Then.....😵

I watched disc one and then bailed

On 11/15/2020 at 4:29 AM, AC1 said:

TheCrown_401_Unit_03263_RT2-H-2020-16014

Tonight is the night!

Her hair reminds me of that of another nation's leader.

....cant remember.c 😆

On 11/10/2020 at 9:33 AM, Edmilson said:

Oh crap, I really liked the series.

HBO Passes on ‘The Outsider’ Season 2, but the Series Is Looking for a New Home

Stephen King previously said scripts for Season 2 were "really great and spooky."

Let's hope it goes to Netflix or something.

Season one was a good two part X FILES episode strrrrrrettttttcccccheddd to the breaking point!

On 10/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, Jay said:

Did anyone see the goddawful cg movie..i couldn't watch more than fifteen minutes!😰

• 2 weeks later...

Do any JWFanners watch American Gods?  I haven't seen it, but have been curious.  Seems to get absolutely no buzz or hype anywhere though.

There's a new trailer for season 3

First teaser for Clarice, which takes place in 1993, a year after the events of Silence of Lambs. 

Watch Clarice Starling solve a case of the week for the CBS audience!