Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

2 minutes ago, ATXHusker said:

image.png

Definitely Chewy... ;)

That looks like a morning face.

1 minute ago, Edmilson said:

What is the opinion of these people on the subject matter, i.e. the Jurassic box vs the HP box?

I guess I know what the two dinosaurs prefer.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but any time I see anyone with a mustache and no beard/goatee with it, it looks dated to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jay said:

I don't know exactly when it happened, but any time I see anyone with a mustache and no beard/goatee with it, it looks dated to me.

Like a goatee or beard without the mustache just looks Amish or metal. 

‘Truth Seekers’ with Nick Frost and Simon Pegg Canceled by Amazon After One Season

Anybody here see this show?  I remember hearing about it and thinking it looked interesting enough to check out, then forgot to write that down and forgot about it again until I saw this

I'm probably confusing it with the Thumkey cartoon series. 

Though I'm surprised that Rambo had a cartoon series in the 80s but Gremlins didn't. How do you introduce children to that franchise? 

At least with the Conan cartoon series, there were books and comics and other media. Rambo had a novel and some R movies. 

New trailer for HBO's 2021 shows

It's got that Kate Winslet detective show mentioned above, a new adaptation of Scenes from a Marriage starring Oscar Isaac and Jessica Chastain, The Nevers (new Joss Whedon show he got kicked off of), one I hadn't heard of before called The White Lotus with Molly Shannon, Connie Britton, Jennifer Coolidge, and Alexandra Daddario, plus new seasons of stuff like Curb and Succession, though I think those only had old footage

2 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Wonder if the set-up will be a reconvening for Marty Crane's funeral, seeing as John Mahoney is now no longer with us in real life. 

It would make a fitting tribute, if they did. Marty grounded that show, good.

I know it's too soon to judge but damn sometimes they should maybe just try to do something else than superheroes stuff. It really looks like a poor the boys, uglier and not fresh.

Hope I'm wrong.

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nice. This is a fantastic show, I've been raving about it since the first season. Is it the best show on TV? I don't know, probably not. But I can say I look forward to it returning more than any other.

• 2 weeks later...

A reboot exec-produced by Vin Diesel is apparently in the works. Guess it's just the latest one after the new versions of Hawaii Five-O, Magnum, MacGyver ... and The Equalizer with, umm, Queen Latifah as 'Robyn' McCall.    

Alex, Criminal Minds and CSI Las Vegas returning. Aren't you excited. I'm all for more Dr. Spencer Reid and Penelope Garcia.

14 hours ago, AC1 said:

More superheroes!

Between The Boys, Legends of Tomorrow and Captain Marvel but in a lower quality... I think those comparison speaks from themselves. The only things that might push me to watch this is Mark Millar.

• 2 weeks later...