Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

I don't remember which season it was, though it must have been a late one, where Larry is disguised and gets into an argument about Pepperidge Farm Cookies at a hotel... really funny scene, could have been season 10 I think. I'd say that the later seasons have really funny parts but are overall maybe a bit less funny than the early stuff.

Seasons 1-5 where the full Cheryl seasons

Season 6 introduced Leon, and halfway through the season the Cheryl divorce plot starts

Season 7 was him trying to win her back by doing a Seinfeld reunion

Season 8 was him now single and went to NYC for like half the season, ends with the Michael J Fox ep.  After this season the show was off the air for 6 years before resuming

Season 9 was the Fatwa! season and the one with the cookie scene you're talking about

Season 10 was the Mocha Joe vs Latte Larry season

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm ... Cowboy Bebop ... I've read something about this ages ago ... I can't remember what exactly but I think it had something to do with Ridley Scott or Blade Runner ... Hmmm ...

On 17/11/21 at 4:54 AM, AC1 said:

Hmm ... Cowboy Bebop ... I've read something about this ages ago ... I can't remember what exactly but I think it had something to do with Ridley Scott or Blade Runner ... Hmmm ...

It’s a space western. 

Has anyone seen Amazon's The Wheel of Time? It was one of their biggest launches ever.

They're also producing a show based on the Mass Effect videogames.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/the-wheel-of-time-premiere-ratings-amazon-prime-video-mass-effect-lort-of-the-rings-jennifer-salke-qa-1234879517/

We lasted two minutes Friday night. We still had closed captioning on, and I saw too many made-up fantasy words. I didn't want to pay attention to world building that late on a Friday, and we haven't circled back. 

But MotU Part 2 is bangin. 

All the major streaming services are trying to find the next GOT. 

Amazon Prime had Wheel of Time and Lord of the Rings 

HBO Max has His Dark Materials and House of the Dragon 

Netflix has The Witcher and Chronicles of Narnia

Apple TV+ and Paramount+ are going for more scifi than fantasy with Foundation and Halo respectively. 

Etc

4 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Sci-fi TV series? None of them are good. Heck, they hardly can make a good sci-fi movie.

Wait! I very much liked Tales Of The Loop on Prime but it's not for everyone (and I doubt they will make a second season).