Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

On 15/12/2021 at 1:30 AM, AC1 said:

Nice for kids. But Zorro's powers aren't very super. 

Then he'll be a breath of fresh air. He's basically Robin Hood for California. A hero for Latinos. 

HBOMAX promo for 2022 includes the new GoT spin-off, Barry, The Flight Attendant and my most antecipated... Westworld!

I haven't heard anything about WW S4 so I was kinda expecting we would only get in 2023... Therefore, I'm happy it's returning next year.

The first 3 seasons of Westworld dropped in 2016, 2018, 2020, so it makes sense S4 would drop in 2022

Here are my thoughts on all the shows shown in that trailer

Westworld - seasons 1 and 2 were amazing, season 3 was a letdown but I have faith 4 could be good again. It it continues the downward descent, I'll probably still enjoy it even if it isn't as satisfying as the promise the first 2 seasons held; It's a cool world and the cast is great

The Gilded Age - never heard of it

Euphoria - never seen it, looks like it's not for me

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty - zzzz

House of the Dragon - We'll watch it; I blame the failure of Game of Thrones 100% on D&D, who are not involved with this show at all.  If the scripts are good, the cast does well, and HBO didn't skimp on the budget, this could be a good show.  We'll see.

Barry - Seasons 1 & 2 were two of the best seasons of television of the 2010s.  I have complete faith that season 3 will also be excellent

The Time Traveler's Wife - wtf? I've never even seen the movie

The White House Plumbers - wtf?

We Own This City - never heard of it

The Black Lady Sketch Show - not for me

His Dark Materials - We liked seasons 1 and 2, which are flawed, but watchable and intersting.  Season 3 might end up not being that great, but we'll watch it, and maybe it will surprise us

The Nevers - zzzzzz

The Righteous Gemstones - Season 1 was hilarious, and just very good in all aspects.  I hope season 2 picks up right at the creative level they left off with, and that the long hiatus didn't take anything away from the process

Gossip Girl - zzzzzz

Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin - zzzzzzz

Julia - meh

Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts - meh

DMZ - no idea what this is

Hacks - Season 1 was great! One of hte best shows of 2021.  Can't wait for season 2.  The two leads each deserve Best Actress emmys, they are very very good

Peacemaker - I still haven't seen The Suicide Squad, so I have no idea what to expect from this

Love and Death - Elizabeth Olsen, Jesse Plemons, Elizabeth Marvel, Krysten Ritter, and Bruce McGill? I'm in

The Staircase - I have heard nothing but great things about the original documentary but haven't seen it.  Could be good

Our Flag Means Death - Huh, I hadn't heard of this one, but looking it up, looks like a definite watch for us

Seasame Street - I mean really, do they need to put this in a trailer like this

Gremlins: Secrets of the Mogwai - Wow, don't like the animation style

Raised By Wolves - Still haven't seen the first season

Legendary - never heard of it

The Flight Attendant - the first season was turn your brain off soapy fun (with a super fun score by Blake Neely), we'll watch the second

I found it incredibly strange they didn't include Search Party at all, another one of our favorite shows of recent years.  Weird.

Also, really weird that The Last Of Us isn't' featured at all.  I guess this means it won't debut until 2023?

Overall, I continue to feel that HBO Max has far and away the best content out of all the streaming services, AINEC

I've never seen the Snowpiercer TV show but apparently it's already up to its 3rd season

Amazon Greenlights Fallout TV Show From Westworld Co-Creators

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1207172-amazon-greenlights-fallout-tv-show-from-westworld-co-creators

I can see Westworld going the way of Game of Thrones: its creators were attached to so many different projects, they decided to finish GoT as soon as possible, no matter if the story needed more time to develop.

The TV Shows that I will be watching in 2022:

- The Boys | Season 3 Premieres on Prime Video on Friday, June 3

- The Lord Of The Rings | Series Premieres on Prime Video on Friday, Sept. 2

- House Of The Dragon | Series Premieres in 2022 on HBO

- The Mandalorian | Season 3 Premieres in 2022 on Disney Plus

- The Last Of Us | Series Premieres in 2022 on HBO Max

- Peaky Blinders | Season 6 Premieres in 2022 on BBC One and Netflix

- Halo | Series Premieres on Paramount + in 2022

- Obi Wan Kenobi | Series Premieres in 2022 on Disney Plus

- The Crown | Season 5 Premieres in November 2022 on Netflix

And probably a few other shows that I don't yet know about ...

I will be watching all of those except Peaky Blinders and The Crown, as I have not yet seen their previous seasons at all.  But I will eventually!

On top of those you mentioned, in 2022 I am also looking forward to:

Search Party 5 (just arrived)

Righteous Gemstones 2 (started this week)

Ozark 4 (Jan 21)

Space Force 2 (Feb 18)

The Dropout (Mar 3)
The Orville 3 (Mar 10)

Better Call Saul 6 (Q2)

Flight Attendant 2 (Spring)

Stranger Things 4 (Summer)

and the undated:

Party Down 3

Documentary Now! 4

Barry 3

Avenue 5 2

Westworld 4

Perry Mason 2
Woke 2

His Dark Materials 3

Hacks 2

The White Lotus 2

Miracle Workers 4

Ted Lasso 3
Only Murders in the Building 2
What We Do In The Shadows 4
Big Mouth 6

and the new shows that might depend on the buzz whether or not I check them out

Moon Knight
She-Hulk
Secret Invasion
Ms Marvel
Andor
The Acolyte 

Willow
Roar

Gaslit

The White House Plumbers 

Love and Death

The Staircase

MacGruber
Battlestar Galactica
Joe Exotic

5 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

no fucking way hahahaha what the hell

Very nearly 30 years after the original movie.... a great family comedy that wrapped up nicely and needed no sequels.

Although I'm glad Judge Reinhold will get some work!

My interest was slightly piqued when I realized the setting had changed to colonial America a few years back.  In general I want more non-Western, pre-modern American period pieces in television/film.  But I've never gotten around to watching Outlander.

It's light science fiction. It's more of a soap opera set in 1700s with extravagant costumes, a lot of sex and perfectly attractive people, and a lot of violence. Some of the characters fall into the trap of making really stupid decisions, but that conflict drives story. Bear's score is great. 

Good news for Drax! A Godzilla TV series is coming to Apple TV Plus.

rev_1_GVK_FP_0090_High_Res_JPEG.0.jpeg

Coming from showrunner Chris Black (Star Trek: Enterprise) and comics superstar Matt Fraction (most famous for Hawkeye), the currently-untitled series doesn’t yet have a date ...

https://www.polygon.com/entertainment/22893938/godzilla-monsterverse-apple-tv-plus

PS: Oh no, I see it's already posted ages ago in the Godzilla thread. Jay will be so furious, calling it a severe case of Cremeritis, and so on ... 

Cremeritis is when you post something into a thread that people in that thread are already discussing right there on that page. 

The same news being posted into two threads that it is completely valid to be in, is a completely normal thing that happens all the time.

On 15/01/2022 at 1:04 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

Third series?

On one hand, I hope so because the first 2 were great. But on the other, for the set-up to work it kinda needs the pandemic to continue and that I'm obviously not so keen on.  

1 hour ago, Sweeping Strings said:

On one hand, I hope so because the first 2 were great. But on the other, for the set-up to work it kinda needs the pandemic to continue and that I'm obviously not so keen on.  

That's sort of exactly what this teaser (?) is about. ;)

Chris Columbus directed the first one, which means he could've got Williams to score it, specially considering it came out in 2010 - right in the middle of Williams' "retirement". Sure, the movie is terrible, but I'd love a JW score influenced by the Greek mythology.

Don't know why he chose Christophe Beck instead. Maybe he already knew the material was pure crap, so he didn't even bothered to bring Williams back? 

On 14/01/2022 at 12:22 PM, Disco Stu said:

I'm now officially calling for the immediate shutdown of Disney+.  Too far!  The line must be drawn here!

Congrats to @Cerebral Cortex though

Elizabeth Mitchell To Return As Mrs. Claus For ‘The Santa Clause’ Disney+ Limited Series

The original is a charming family comedy.  A strange premise pulled off with just the right balancing of tones and endearing performances.  A deserved holiday classic.  The sequels are literal war crimes.

31 minutes ago, Jay said:

Princess Bride You Keep Using That Word GIF - Princess Bride You Keep Using  That Word I Dont Think - Discover & Share GIFs

But it’s true!  Michael Eisner is currently being held in The Hague, awaiting trial before the International Court of Justice to answer for his crimes greenlighting those movies as well as all the direct to video sequels of that era.

First trailer for The Offer, the upcoming miniseries about how the first Godfather film got made

The girl in the window watching to other girl in the window across the road?

Its kristen Bell.  Its a myster wrapped around a comedy pretending to make social commentary featuring sequence straight out of Scream and Friends and not a word about phalanges.

Ooos not upcoming anymore.

That's not upcoming, it's already out!

We'll probably check it out soon, though Murderville looks funnier