Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

She makes everything she is in better.

https://deadline.com/2022/02/criminal-minds-series-reboot-alive-well-paramount-1234924114/

So hooray.

On 25/1/2022 at 2:54 PM, Edmilson said:

Chris Columbus directed the first one, which means he could've got Williams to score it, specially considering it came out in 2010 - right in the middle of Williams' "retirement". Sure, the movie is terrible, but I'd love a JW score influenced by the Greek mythology.

Don't know why he chose Christophe Beck instead. Maybe he already knew the material was pure crap, so he didn't even bothered to bring Williams back? 

You do realize composers can choose not to do films even though they’re asked, right?

And that Columbus has worked with multiple composers throughout his career?

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

You do realize composers can choose not to do films even though they’re asked, right?

And that Columbus has worked with multiple composers throughout his career?

Really? I didn't know that! Thanks for your thoughtful answer. Before today I thought Columbus only worked with John Williams in literally ALL of his movies.

First trailer for The Dropout, a new miniseries about the Theranos scandal starring Amanda Seyfried

Looks great!  Glad I didn't see the HBO Doc about the scandal first

Will watch it, of course, even though season 2 was a serious letdown for me. I only really liked one episode, which stands in stark contrast with season 1, where I loved every single episode.

I recall season 2 having a bit of a dip but bouncing back wonderfully. It still had its magic.

Hoping that holds true for the new season.

If I'm honest I don't think reviving Futurama is a good idea.  The first revival wasn't as good as the original run, Disenchanted was straight-up mediocre.  Just let it lie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/futurama-revived-at-hulu-1235090020/

It is seeming like there are hardly any popular shows left that go more than 10 years before new episodes are commissioned

I don't read comics, but I for some reason have read every novel Gaiman has written and 2 of his short story collections, and yet I would still not consider myself a fan of his work.  Something just doesn't quite connect.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

It is seeming like there are hardly any popular shows left that go more than 10 years before new episodes are commissioned

I wouldn't mind Bryan Fuller finally finishing Pushing Daisies. Not at all.

Maybe my word choice was wrong - I was specifically talking about commerically popular shows, IE, shows that were huge hits and had at least 5 seasons or so.  There doesn't seem to be many left of those that aren't getting reboots/revivals these days

On 16/02/2022 at 9:02 PM, Marian Schedenig said:

I wouldn't mind Bryan Fuller finally finishing Pushing Daisies. Not at all.

On 16/02/2022 at 9:04 PM, Jay said:

Maybe my word choice was wrong - I was specifically talking about commerically popular shows, IE, shows that were huge hits and had at least 5 seasons or so.  There doesn't seem to be many left of those that aren't getting reboots/revivals these days

Ok, but I still wouldn't mind!

I will watch Picard at 9. 

Its a full schedule tonight ST Discovery, then Sheldon, Ghost, and Picard.

Wow, that was an exceptionally-well-edited trailer!  Looks like season 3 is going to be pretty bonkers!

The new character at the very end, I thought I was hearing Predator sound effects at first.