Upcoming Television Shows (and general TV chitchat)

Jay

This article seems to indicate that Ted Danson and Vince Vaughn will be upped to series regulars for Curb Your Enthusiam season 12?

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/curb-your-enthusiasm-season-12-troy-kotsur-1235500718/

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

Phoebe Waller-Bridge Prepping ‘Tomb Raider’ TV Series for Amazon (Exclusive)
Sources say the 'Fleabag' Emmy winner will pen the script for the project, which is the latest to stem from her recently renewed overall deal with the streamer.

Well I suppose that forecloses the possibility of her being the next Indiana Jones, which was the latest internet panic for 5 minutes.

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Another attempt at Tomb Raider? 3rd times the charm maybe

Amazon seems to have real faith in it, because they're betting BIG on TR. I mean, Marvel big:

‘Tomb Raider’ Film in the Works as Amazon Makes Rich Rights Deal for Marvel-Like Franchise (Exclusive)
Sources say the goal at the streamer is to connect the Phoebe Waller-Bridge-penned TV series, video game and the movie, and possibly more.

That sounds like it could be a lot of fun considering her involvement in Indy V. I was disappointed when she left the Mr & Mrs Smith project that she was working on with Donald Glover, I'd have loved to see what they did together. Intrigued to see who she casts as Lara Croft too, that's a big bra to fill.

30 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

Intrigued to see who she casts as Lara Croft too, that's a big bra to fill.

A big and edgy one, if you go by the original Lara Croft.

18 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

Although they weren't bothered about that when they cast Alicia Vikander, as it were. Quite enjoyed that one. 

18 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

New Lara Croft is different in that regard. 

8 hours ago, AC1 said:

New Lara Croft is different in that regard. 

I know, was just a silly joke. 

I was a big fan of the rebooted games from the 2010s, it's a shame that the Vikander film reboot wasn't really up to scratch; casting a Swedish actress in the role was a bit of a head-scratcher, especially when there's plenty of excellent British actresses out there. Daisy Ridley would've done a great job in another timeline where she wasn't tied up in Star Wars.

8 hours ago, Docteur Qui said:

I know, was just a silly joke. 

I was a big fan of the rebooted games from the 2010s, it's a shame that the Vikander film reboot wasn't really up to scratch; casting a Swedish actress in the role was a bit of a head-scratcher, especially when there's plenty of excellent British actresses out there. Daisy Ridley would've done a great job in another timeline where she wasn't tied up in Star Wars.

I've never seen the Vikander one but I prefer her over Daisy Ridley ...on all counts!

If I understand correctly, Costner only wants to film for a week for the 2nd part of season 5, because he is busy with his own project. That is creating a bit of a rift between him & the showrunner and cast. So they want to start a new show in that universe with McCohaughey and maybe other cast members from Yellowstone?

I know that a lot of people who will be quite upset by this. Yellowstone is one of biggest and most watched shows of the last few years

David Fincher has confirmed that Netflix has no plans to make Mindhunter season 3

Opening up about the future of the show to French publication Le Journal du Dimanche, Fincher explained: "I'm very proud of the first two seasons, but it's a particularly expensive series and, in the eyes of Netflix, we haven't attracted a large enough audience to justify such an investment."

2 hours ago, Jay said:

David Fincher has confirmed that Netflix has no plans to make Mindhunter season 3

Opening up about the future of the show to French publication Le Journal du Dimanche, Fincher explained: "I'm very proud of the first two seasons, but it's a particularly expensive series and, in the eyes of Netflix, we haven't attracted a large enough audience to justify such an investment."

And to think, the utter shite that gets green-lit instead.

On 11/02/2023 at 2:41 AM, Edmilson said:

Anyone here was watching this?

Avenue 5’ Canceled at HBO After 2 Seasons

The series was created by Armando Iannucci and starred Hugh Laurie and Josh Gad.

I was, Sky were showing it in the UK. Quite fun having Iannucci's Thick Of It snarkiness in a sci-fi setting, but that's an end of it I guess. 

On 04/10/2022 at 9:08 PM, Edmilson said:

‘Frasier’ Sequel Officially a Go at Paramount+

The streamer has given a series order to the long-developing update starring Kelsey Grammer.

‘Frasier’: Bebe Neuwirth To Reprise Lilith Role In Paramount+ Sequel Series