Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Upcoming Television Shows

On 7/21/2019 at 1:44 AM, Quintus said:

Why is Brandon being Superman again? What's happening?

He will be on the DC crossover event this year with the Flash, Arrow, and Supergirl. 

The Crisis on Indinite Earths,  he will be a version of  Superman along with  Tyler Hoechlin's 

Superman.

36 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Can that be enjoyed as a solo first season and leave it at that, quite satisfied?

Could make a decent experience. First season hits some occasionally satisfying highs. And it ends where the book ends, as it should.

Second season is nihilistic garbage.

On 7/23/2019 at 4:35 AM, Quintus said:

Ah right, so can we hope for perhaps a hint of the theme then? 

Perhaps.  Supergirl is more Superman the movie than Man of Steel

3 hours ago, Quintus said:

Can that be enjoyed as a solo first season and leave it at that, quite satisfied?

Don't bother

The next season of the FX show American Crime Story will be about the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal.  I really liked the OJ season but skipped the Versace one.  Should be interesting.  I’m kind of enjoying being old enough for era-defining events from my childhood to be dramatized as historical period pieces.

Interesting that Lewinsky is a producer.  I’m sympathetic to the modern view that she was unfairly treated by both the press and the Justice Department so I’m ok with it.  Is that too political for the forum rules? ;) 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/monica-lewinsky-produced-impeachment-set-as-next-american-crime-story-at-fx-1229819

We loved the OJ season, it was fantastic! The Versace season was really bad, after a while it became a show to watch with my wife but get things done on the phone during

I hope that antisuperhero crossover bandied about above doesn't come off. I've only got the final episode of The Boys left to watch, and it would be a shame to tarnish its top tier run with this pointless exercise. Just leave it be. 

On 9/10/2019 at 4:58 AM, Arpy said:

I don't understand what a tv series could do or expand that isn't already covered in the film (which is long enough). 

It’s a completely different format? It would actually work quite well for this film considering how anecdotal it is in parts. Not to mention over an hour of material was cut for the theatrical release, including entire characters like Tim Roth’s.  All of this explained in the article you quoted...

False reporting, Alex.  It's not a reboot.  It's a new story set in the same universe as the 2004 show.  

Really? Every site I read reported this as a reboot of the series!

I'm glad they're not rebooting, however... the end of the 2004 version was pretty closed. I can't see how they would continuate the story from there. So it's either a prequel, or, I dunno, a side story happening at the same time of the Ronald D. Moore version.

Also, if this is set on the same universe at RDM's series, why is he not involved? Or is he?

11 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Really? Every site I read reported this as a reboot of the series!

I'm glad they're not rebooting, however... the end of the 2004 version was pretty closed. I can't see how they would continuate the story from there. So it's either a prequel, or, I dunno, a side story happening at the same time of the Ronald D. Moore version.

Also, if this is set on the same universe at RDM's series, why is he not involved? Or is he?

Most journalists/reporters don't know what the term "reboot" means. They think it's just a generic catch-all buzzword to describe a franchise being resurrected, without regard for whether the new incarnation is set in the same universe as the previous one.