Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Giftheck

SOURCE

Do you believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full-trance mediums, the Loch Ness Monster and the theory of Atlantis?

If so, good news — there’s a new Ghostbusters movie in the works.

Entertainment Weekly has learned exclusively that Jason Reitman will direct and co-write an upcoming film set in the world that was saved decades previously by the proton pack-wearing working stiffs in the original 1984 movie, which was directed by his father, Ivan Reitman.

“I’ve always thought of myself as the first Ghostbusters fan, when I was a 6-year-old visiting the set. I wanted to make a movie for all the other fans,” Reitman says. “This is the next chapter in the original franchise. It is not a reboot. What happened in the ‘80s happened in the ‘80s, and this is set in the present day.”

41 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Let's create a thread for every upcoming movie!

Absofrigginglutely! And for their inevitable home releases, and remasters! And cinema re-releases!

Please, just let a dead horse lie. Sony has already alienated most of their core audience with that 2016 reboot and the PR surrounding it. No one is asking for this. It’s too late...

3 minutes ago, John said:

Please, just let a dead horse lie. Sony has already alienated most of their core audience with that 2016 reboot and the PR surrounding it. No one is asking for this. It’s too late...

I'm on the fence myself.

On the one hand: it's as you said.

On the other hand, Sony have done some things right this decade. The fact they've hired Reitman's son to do a film set in the original continuity - which is exactly what the last film should have been - is a little tantalising. And I know Dan Akroyd must be disappointed with how the 2016 film was received by audiences and would like to take another go at it.

Just don't depend on Bill Murray turning up. I think he's fulfilled his contractual obligations at this point in time and he clearly never had an interest in Ghostbusters after the second one.

1 hour ago, Warrior of Wet Dreams said:

Ghostbusters gets rebooted twice, and I still can't find that lemon HHPAY yuri fanfic I read years ago and want to revisit? Life is so unfair.

It's not a reboot. Reboot implies a new continuity. This is a direct sequel to Ghostbusters 2.

1 hour ago, John said:

When you posted this, I thought it was a fake teaser.

Alas, my initial skepticism was wrong. They already have a teaser for it?!

Having said that, ignore the cast claims on this video - no cast has been officially confirmed.

5 hours ago, mstrox said:

As long as it's better than Ghostbusters 2, I'm in!

We may be fairly alone, but my spouse and I liked the 2016 one.

I liked whatever movie Kate McKinnon thought she was in. Whenever she was onscreen, I was engaged. Her character was so nuts it was just entertaining whenever she was there. Leslie Jones and Chris Hemsworth also seemed to be having fun. But when it focused on the central Wiig/McCarthy characters, it was shockingly lame. So much dumb modern Hollywood stuff in the movie too.

I really wanted to like it (rebooting the series with woman wasn't the problem) but it just fell flat for me overall, which was really disappointing since I was surprised at how much I really loved Spy.

Yavar

18 hours ago, mstrox said:

Better than Ghostbusters 2?

Careful!  I think Vigo heard you!

You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

😋😄

Ghostbusters (2016) is no way near as bad as angry men on the internet will have you believe.

However, with talent like Kate McKinnon and Melissa McCarthy, why not make an original film instead of wasting them in a remake.

Female Ghostbusters was like a painful turd that got stuck on the way out.

Ghostbusters II rules.

This announcement is just bizarre. While it may be possible to convince me that they want to entirely forget about that awful reboot and make an apology movie (AKA Sony being completely out of character), the whole article seems to be about how Jason Reitman thinks he's the ultimate Ghostbusters fan, with no real details about the movie and seemingly a relatively short timetable for production of a huge blockbuster GB III movie.

Ghostbusters is better than most things and I should be excited about an actual Ghostbusters 3 coming out rather than another awful remake with fat women, but like Kevin Spacey said, I know better than that. One of the GB is dead, there's no cast announcement and the trend in Hollywood is to make sequels 20-30 years later focusing on teenagers I don't give two fucks for while the beloved characters we want to see are reduced to cameos. This is going to suck.

The usage of clips from the original in an advert for the Halifax building society here in the UK coupled with that shite from a couple of years ago makes me think the franchise's reputation currently can't sink much lower, so what the hell ... bring on a 3rd movie, why not.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, mstrox said:

I've liked all of the Ghostbusters movies so far. I've read some very scathing opinions of the 2016 one but yeah, I liked it!

Why is it in sequels, the female love interest always ends up with some other drip in between movies? Like in Ghostbusters II, Dana left Peter and got knocked up by Mr Right who ditched her and ran off to Europe. And in Jurassic Park III, Ellie had moved on with some boring bean counter type, but Alan was happy to cuck about.

8 minutes ago, dougie said:

Why is it in sequels, the female love interest always ends up with some other drip in between movies? Like in Ghostbusters II, Dana left Peter and got knocked up by Mr Right who ditched her and ran off to Europe. And in Jurassic Park III, Ellie had moved on with some boring bean counter type, but Alan was happy to cuck about.

True. I'm among the few who like JPIII, but it somewhat mystified me why Ellie was with some other guy, with nothing to explain anything bad between them.

My father once said that the road to hell was paved with good intentions. I laid the first stone right there. I'd pay any price, I'd go to any length because my cause was righteous. My...intentions were good. In the beginning, that seemed like enough.