Robert Townson leaving Varese Sarabande (final Club Batch coming March 2019)

crocodile

It is a bit disappointing, indeed. Air Force One and U.S. Marshals must be released, before somebody loses it and commits suicide or does something stupid. I'm tired of all the whining (that I kinda participate in) and that pumpkin head on the FSM forum and his mad exclamations!

2 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It is a bit disappointing, indeed. Air Force One and U.S. Marshals must be released, before somebody loses it and commits suicide or does something stupid. I'm tired of all the whining (that I kinda participate in) and that pumpkin head on the FSM forum and his mad exclamations!

Even I haven't threatened suicide if some soundtrack isn't released. Things must be worse at FSM than I feared.

Robert Townson had planned this entire year’s schedule for the Varese Club batches. Apparently he had only '6 weeks' to prepare for the final batch. Had he had more time at this he would have prepared a Batch 'to end all Cd Club Batches'. He is still 'hopeful that one title he had put in motion may still come out'.

We just have to wait and see when the next batch begins and hope that more exciting titles take flight. 

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It is a bit disappointing, indeed. Air Force One and U.S. Marshals must be released, before somebody loses it and commits suicide or does something stupid.

You're suggesting suicide isn't stupid? 

It’s been stated in the past by the people who actually work on these releases, they know what fans want and if it were that easy it would already be released.

Or something along those lines.

6 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

It is a bit disappointing, indeed. Air Force One and U.S. Marshals must be released, before somebody loses it and commits suicide or does something stupid. 

Again, the first one is out in great quality since decades - bootleg or not - and the second one isn't anything to lose sleep over. Both are even available as original release, so sit back and relax. 

Airforce One may still happen. Robert left a whole plan for various releases for 2019. It all now depends on his successor to take charge from there. We as fans can perhaps help by writing to the Varese management to pursue those releases. 

5 hours ago, Amer said:

Airforce One may still happen. Robert left a whole plan for various releases for 2019. It all now depends on his successor to take charge from there. We as fans can perhaps help by writing to the Varese management to pursue those releases. 

It will without a hint of a doubt, but I'm impatient and want it now.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:04 AM, dougie said:

No 40th anniversary edition for Damien: Omen II? Or for The Final Conflict in two years?

Varese's problem is that they have to call a Club release "The Deluxe Edition" or "XXth Anniversary Edition" or "Varese Encore", but what will they do, when there is already a Deluxe Edition of the score want to expand further and the other two titles don't apply to the release?

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's missing from the previous expansion?

One cue from the score OST -- "The Virus" -- and all the alternates.

52 minutes ago, Jim Ware said:

More than that - the complete score is 98 minutes, not including alternates.  The 'Deluxe Edition' also retains all the microedits made for the 30 minute score album.

Those microedits essentially killed any chance of my buying it. The full Ontological Shock was particularly important to me.

It was a very half-assed 'DE'. It must've occurred to Townson, even informally, that what they were releasing was inferior to what was already out there.

15 hours ago, Jim Ware said:

More than that - the complete score is 98 minutes, not including alternates.  The 'Deluxe Edition' also retains all the microedits made for the 30 minute score album.

Yes, this one is high up on my list. Don Davis didn't seem to be as interested in expanding it further when I asked him about it. But that was 5 and a half years ago. And this year is a perfect opportunity to do this. They did expansions of previous DE before.

Karol

2 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm wondering whether Davis requested the exclusion of A Virus.

I suppose 78-minute CD requested that. ;)

Karol

11 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

If you've decided on a single CD, something has to go....

Astonishingly it was released nearly a decade ago. If it were released today it would be 2 CDs without blinking.

LLL was stingy on Mars Attacks by squeezing a truncated score plus bonus tracks onto a single CD.

Wow, the Deluxe Edition of Matrix sounds pretty fucked up. I did never buy it, because it was too expensive and not definitive. I would never spend that much on the second-hand market for a flawed special label release.

34 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Astonishingly it was released nearly a decade ago. If it were released today it would be 2 CDs without blinking.

Or 3 CDs with an alternate mix of some cues on disc 3.

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Richard Penna said:

If you've decided on a single CD, something has to go....

If they had ditched the 78 minute limit, they could have included A Virus and still be under 80 minutes.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:27 PM, Brundlefly said:

Varese's problem is that they have to call a Club release "The Deluxe Edition" or "XXth Anniversary Edition" or "Varese Encore", but what will they do, when there is already a Deluxe Edition of the score want to expand further and the other two titles don't apply to the release?

The Ultimate Edition

The Definitive Edition

The Authoritative Edition

The Edition to End All Editions Edition

You're welcome.