Robert Townson leaving Varese Sarabande (final Club Batch coming March 2019)

crocodile

1 hour ago, El Jefe said:

Hmm, this appears to be happening to quite a few people.

Let's hope they don't run out of Raggedy Man before everyone who has already ordered it gets their copy.

I ordered both. Wonder what I'll end up with?

3 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Let's hope they don't run out of Raggedy Man before everyone who has already ordered it gets their copy.

I ordered both. Wonder what I'll end up with?

Hey, maybe you'll get The Matrix 2-CD release from the upcoming batch. ;)

44 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

You got what you need.:)

I'm not unhappy to have received the disc. But I also don't particularly want to pay for it now.

Karol

26 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Hey, maybe you'll get The Matrix 2-CD release from the upcoming batch. ;)

I'd rather buy that when it comes out and get my copy of Raggedy Man, which I've been waiting for for over a decade.

43 minutes ago, crocodile said:

Trouble is the Goldsmith album sold out almost immediately and now some people might never receive their copies.

Karol

Wait until you're sure it's sold out, then sell it to the highest bidder on eBay!

Some FSM users have already gotten their copies of Robo 2; I just got a shipping confirmation today, despite ordering it as soon as it went on sale almost 2 weeks ago.

Let's see what shows up in the mail next week!

I got my shipping notice today. I ordered Robo 2 and Raggedy Man.

Am I going to get 2 Raggedy Man cds? 😉 

17 hours ago, El Jefe said:

I got my shipping notice today. I ordered Robo 2 and Raggedy Man.

Am I going to get 2 Raggedy Man cds? 😉 

I'll swap you one if I get two Robos. ;)

After three attempts at e-mailing Varese (I tried a wrong address twice!), I have finally received a reply from Varese today. I offered to pay for Raggedy Man CD that arrived last week but they told me to keep it for free and I'll be getting my RoboCop 2 as well.

Karol

Well for the first time that I can recall, one of my cd packages is apparently lost.

it was checked into Pittsburgh on the 24th and that’s the last update. 

6 hours ago, dougie said:

Yeah what happens if you order a CD that sells out in a few days, but then your package is forever lost in the mail? Do they press a new CD for you?

They keep warehouse stock for such occasions. None of these releases are truly limited anyway. They could theoretically keep pressing copies if their contract allowed. 

I ordered ROBOCOP 2 and ROBOCOP 3 on 27th March. I've already ordered RAGGEDY MAN via Intrada so thats still still awaited.

As of last night my order hadnt shipped infact it still appeared as unfulfilled on my Accounts Page at Varese. So imagine my surprise when the order suddenly arrived and via DHL! That was a shocker since I had used the USPS International Mail and not the expedited shipping. I wasnt home. My wife called and told me ! The worst was the additional Customs Duty I had to pay around $33. I was not happy at all. Infact a few hours earlier I had learnt that my cousins dad had just passed away and we had to rush to a funeral by noon. So not a great day to begin with!

Anyways after the funeral; I went to DHL, paid the customs duty fee and collected my order which was all fine and secure. 

So I wrote back to the Varese/Naxos Manager and told him that I had to pay extra $ 33 even though I would not had to pay had it come via the regular delivery that Varese used to do and requested that they should refund the $33 Duty cost. Also attached the Customs Duty bill from DHL!

I also added: "Please also note, I have been a very old customer of Varese Sarabande for the last 20 years. And an active member of the film music and soundtrack community. I am already aware of many shipping related complaints and errors during this past 2 weeks and monitoring these complaints on the various soundtrack forums, I didnt expect to have some problem with my order as well.I sincerely hope that you will rectify this error and reverse my charges."

Well within the hour of my email; I got a refund for $33 and an apology note from Varese:

" Our warehouse is currently in transition, which has caused some shipping errors and delays. We sincerely apologize for using the wrong shipping method and have refunded you the $33 you were charged. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns"

Happy Ending!

My faith in Varese has been restored. What a fantastic comeback. 

Moral of the story is despite the problems being faced by the various fans in the posts above; these guys are doing their best to rectify the damage! Iam very pleased and would suggest that those who are still experiencing problems with their orders-not to worry. Email them and they will do everything to fix the problem.

Bravo Varese. I thank You! 

Yay! My package has finally made it to the next post office hub. 

It had been 2 weeks of silence. I may get lucky and have it by Tuesday. Given how Naxos has shipped other people’s orders, I’m curious to see the condition of my order after 2 weeks of being lost.

IMG_5755.JPG

Glad to say that my copy (of the right score) finally arrived a week after it was shipped by USPS, safe and sound. What a grail. Needless to say, I'll be happy to give away my copy of the 30-minute OST for those who prefer that version but don't have it.

Incidentally, while reading the liner notes, I was thrilled to see that the author identified the commonality between "Robo Gets Faxxed" and "Creating The Monster"; musically, "Creating The Monster" sounds like a twisted inverse of the former cue, in keeping with Faxx's plan to sabotage Robocop. Great stuff

Well I was surprised, got what I ordered and in spite of the extended trip my package took, it arrived in great shape. No cracked jewel cases.

Just received the following email from Varese. Sounds like bad news for us CD collectors... :(

Greetings valued Varese Sarabande customer.  A series of unfortunate events, including the closure of the last major CD manufacturing plant in the United States, has adversely affected the production and receipt of the remaining quantities of Robocop 2.  We are currently in the process of making other arrangements and expect to ship your order around the 20th of May.  Due to this inconvenience, we are refunding the purchase price of the CD to your method of payment. If you wish to cancel your order completely to receive a full refund of both the purchase price and shipping costs, you may do so within your account at VareseSarabande.com.  Our sincerest apologies.

Karol

On 4/14/2019 at 11:15 AM, El Jefe said:

So Robert Townson has a new album coming out with Sony Classical. 

I'm sure this will have the usual suspects (Cinema Paradiso, The Mission, OUATIA) but I'm hoping for a few cool more obscure pieces.  Either way, I loved Pedroni's Williams album and I'm looking forward to this.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well that's an interesting solution to the problem.

Yeah that means I'm getting 2 CD's for $0.

But what bother me is the plant closure. Is that really true? Do other labels use the same one? This is worrying...

Karol

Plants have been closing all across the US since the rise of iTunes.  Some still remain.  More and more CDs are being pressed outside the US.

The specialty labels will continue business as usual.  At some point they might have to raise prices.  CDs are become more and more of a true specialty collectible item than a mainstream musical delivery product.

Yes, the quality of the actual discs, cases, and booklets might be trending downward as time goes on