The official HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON thread

Naïve Old Fart

Well the project was conceived as a basic cable miniseries and only had a small theatrical run because Ted Turner liked the dailies

The last track is genuinely good though and has real instruments

@Jay you should give Gods and Generals a listen. Fully orchestral that one. Must have had a bigger budget. Edelman came back to work on it but it’s mostly a John Frizzel work. Massive massive score to an incredibly long and boring film. 

Gettysburg is a fantastic score. The only Edelman score that I truly, truly love.

The expanded album is a difficult sell because the extra tracks are not a good listening experience by themselves, but they work better when interlaced with the first disc. That is one of the formative movies, soundtracks, and subject matters of my youth. 

It helps to have visited the battlefield. Such damn, lovely ground. When it's over, I shall miss it very much. 

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

They might’ve waited for the live-action film to be released with a brand new JP HTTYD score. 

Of course we do. You don't remake your animated film in live action just to use wildly different music. Nostalgia is the whole point.