Hans Zimmer's THE THIN RED LINE (1998) - 2019 4-CD La-La Land Edition

Jay

8 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

The Basalt version is on the LLL with only a minor difference.

This volcanologist appreciates the typo... :D

3 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

So, you're one of those geologist types?

Never trusted them.

😎

Ey, it's not (wait for it) our fault you live in a place with suspect and potentially life-threatening geology.

Go frack yourself#

On 2/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, crocodile said:

Koray, what do you think of this presentation? I've never heard the sessions myself but would be interested to hear from someone more knowledgeable? Would you say it is a comprehensive presentation?

Karol

Get it.

The sessions are just multiple versions of the same cues.

Ignore the idiotic ranting about " missing music"

This is a fantastic release.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:17 AM, ymenard said:

I've "added" a fifth disc with these classical (or by others) pieces that were on the leaked sessions, any help if there is any other content to add?

01 - 20:05 - Sit Back And Relax - Francesco Lupica
02 - 07:34 - Annum Per Annum - Arvo Part
03 - 04:12 - Requiem In Paradisum - Gabriel Faure
04 - 26:11 - Prophecy Of The Village Kremna - Arsenije Jovanovic
05 - 06:08 - The Unanswered Question - Charles Ives
06 - 11:52 - Cosmic Beam Experience - Francesco Lupica

Total disc: 1:16:06

I don't think " Prophecy" is in.the film.

" ANNUM" is just the organ chord that.opens the film ( Zimmer apes it on the ost).

I think all the ' beam' music that actually appears in the film is somewhere in the set

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Update from MV:

"Should be back in stock end of month or sometime in March. We are at the mercy of Sony and their plant in Germany

MV"

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134186&forumID=1&archive=0&viewLast=1

• 1 year later...

Was recently listening to this video at work and fell in love with the track called 'Playing'. However, the track does not appear on the OST, LLL expanded release, or the leaked sessions.

Does anyone know where this track is from?

5 hours ago, greenturnedblue said:

Was recently listening to this video at work and fell in love with the track called 'Playing'. However, the track does not appear on the OST, LLL expanded release, or the leaked sessions.

Does anyone know where this track is from?

" Witt with the Melanesians"

LLL

• 10 months later...

This is back in stock at LLL.  I don't know if I want to buy a copy of the CDs.  I started sampling to it on headphones while cooking.  Got to track 10 Staros Refuses Order.

I'm not convinced.

Do I need to keep going?  Is there a certain point where it does something different?

I still listen to the OST that I ran out to buy in '98. It's a concise presentation of all the moods and vibes of the movie, and for me a satisfying listening experience from start to finish. I thought I'd be all over any kind of expansion if one ever came out, but I've remained faithful to the original album.

3 hours ago, Andy said:

Do I need to keep going?  Is there a certain point where it does something different?

Yes. At the point of "Welsh & Witt Talk", but most importantly, "Attack On The Bivouac"

7 hours ago, Andy said:

This is back in stock at LLL.  I don't know if I want to buy a copy of the CDs.  I started sampling to it on headphones while cooking.  Got to track 10 Staros Refuses Order.

I'm not convinced.

No, you need to get the OST. The score is static and beautiful, like a trance. But one hour suffices.

I bought the 4CD set when it came out. That was a mistake.

This is the most unnecessary expansion I've ever listened to. 
It's so boring. After 3 tracks, it feels like you're listening to the same track over and over.

Even the 4th disc with the polinesian choirs (which I loved on the original album) gets on my nerves after 4 tracks.

I agree with Thor, the original program was more than enough.

10 hours ago, Andy said:

I'm not convinced.

Your experience is why I don't have it. I love the OST - it's an hour of serene, concept material. The full release that I sampled just felt like it was going on and on without that variation you need for an interesting few hours.