Sony Music no longer dealing with soundtrack labels [UPDATE: La-La Land is back in]

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Awesome! The link doesn't link to that post, though, but a Jack Black gif from 3 years ago that makes this look like an April Fools thing.

That's a flaw in FSM's message board software; Each individual user can chose how many posts they see per page, so for me it's page 32, but for others, or for users not logged in, its some other, much higher page number.  Obviously, it's a quote he recently posted, so you just have to go to the end of the thread to see it.

I edited the URL in my post to simply point to the thread itself without a specific page number.

On 2/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, JTWfan77 said:

We seem to have reached a watershed moment in the Golden Age of soundtrack expansions:

1. Disney buys Fox (only deals with Intrada so everyone else now excluded)
  2. Robert Townson leaves Varese
  3. Nick Redman, one of the champions of soundtrack restoration and preservation, passes away
  4. Sony Music cans licencing

What next?

Update 1 April 2020:

4. Sony Music cans licencing La-La Land finds a way around it, but...

5. They might not be able to stay open.

This is really sad. If I had the means I would order a bunch of LLL titles right away. After all MV has done for this niche it would be terrible if this really happened.

It does not. Bryon Davis of Note For Note Music posted this:

For small labels like ours, they are still closed. I did hear Sony made exceptions for their bigger partners. I know Real Gone Music is still open with them. Unsure about LLL or Intrada.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=134259&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=2&r=574#bottom

Since we now know LLL is open, I'd wager Intrada is too.

• 3 years later...

Question: Presto Music announced more titles, including a few Horner ones, that they will be pressing on CD:

New Presto CD Titles from Sony Classical | Presto Music

So... What exactly is it that Sony Music is NOT doing anymore? I don't get it.

What is there not to get?  You're bumping a thread about a situation that came up four years ago that was over a few months later

Since then from the specialty labels through Sony Music we've gotten a reissue of the expansion of CE3K, a new OST rebuild of Hook, a new expansion of SpaceCamp, a new expansion of Legends of the Fall, a new expansion of Field of Dreams, and that's just off the top of my head

3 hours ago, Jay said:

What is there not to get?  You're bumping a thread about a situation that came up four years ago that was over a few months later

Bolle must be blind for not noticing. 

Oh wait...

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Oh, okay, I didn't realise it was over completely, just thought that LLL was back in while other restrictions were still in place.

Nope, Intrada expanded Legends of the Fall for example, which was a Sony album.

Yavar