Junkie XL's SONIC THE HEDGEHOG (2019) & SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 (2022)

John

On 2/15/2020 at 12:40 AM, HunterTech said:

There's just no winning when an RCP composer is talked about here. If it turns out bad, then it's a factory produced mess. If it's good, then surely it wasn't because of the guy who's name is on the front cover. Not to say that there isn't any merit in figuring out what exactly happens in the production of a score by the company, but it gets us nowhere if it's constantly the same jokes and comments.

Might as well start saying that now the hired minions have to get their own hired guns when Zimmer is expected to deliver a score in 6 hours.

The point is that there are many elements (and people) involved in the process of creating a film's score nowadays. Of course it's always much easier to boil it down to just one guy when we finally listen to the music and try to judge it, but the truth is that the end product is (more often than not) the result of a collaborative process. It's film music.

• 2 years later...

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2022/04/05/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-soundtrack-album-details/

1. Piece Of Shiitake Planet (2:52)

2. Blue Menace (2:28)

3. Mind If I Drive (2:06)

4. Sonic's Home (1:18)

5. A Wachowski Family Special (3:15)

6. Sonic Meet Knuckles (2:48)

7. Papa's Got A Brand New Stache (1:53)
8. The Master Emerald (2:40)

9. So You Think You Can Pivonka (2:14)

10: Goodnight, Tails (2:09)

11. Ages Ago (2:50)

12. You Know Nothing About Me (2:54)

13. Operation Catfish (3:34)

14. Eureka, I Found It (2:45)

15. Gotta Go Fast (1:46)

16. Entering The Labyrinth (1:59)

17. You Don't Have To Be Alone Anymore (3:10)

18. Sinister (3:37)

19. Team Vs. Robotnik (3:36)

20. Okay, We're Not Friends (3:38)

21. A New Order (2:51)

22. Dad (1:02)

Please tell me, in these scores is there any reference to any of Masato Nakamura's amazing early soundtracks to the first Sonic games?

3 minutes ago, Miz said:

Please tell me, in these scores is there any reference to any of Masato Nakamura's amazing early soundtracks to the first Sonic games?

I don’t know the first score or the game theme but I read a review on MoviemusicUK that stated that the score did use the game theme.

I just listened to the second score today and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a pretty fun adventure score.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The first Sonic and this one seem like the kind of movies that could have a delicious John Powell score. 

He really needs to find a better agent.

They literally have the same agency!

https://kraft-engel.com/clients/

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

The first Sonic and this one seem like the kind of movies that could have a delicious John Powell score.

JP doesn't look like he'd be bothered with this kind of movies anymore. I can understand. But I also miss the mid 2000's - back when there wasn't a season in a year without at least one super crazy score by him released by Varese Sarabande. Good times!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...