anonymous thread

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bye bye Pierre from Montreal, nice knowing you!  

I've said "dude" a few times...does that mean...?....   ...Do you like to go bowling? 

21 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I thought people would ignore me just by jealousy but this is worse.  You are telling me I did not tell you, after my posts are there, dated and tells you exactly what came out?  Who are you?  Donald Trump?

At least no one, on this forum, will ever accuse you of being humble.

37 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't think you get why most people will buy this release. IT'S FOR THE UPGRADED SOUND!

Exactly, this is a definitive edition: you can't find a better source than this, 24-track 1st gen....

Unless John Williams re-records the score in 2019 with the same orchestra in London.... :D

But it wouldn't be the ORIGINAL score anyway... LOL

Maybe they could release a high-resolution 96khz/24 bit version of this. But I don't have the equipment anyway to notice the difference from 44.1khz/16 bit

Mike agrees with me then: the only thing they can do in the future is to re-release this as a FLAC 96khz/24bit version... And it wouldn't be a physical release anyway, just digital.

Not true.  As I mentionned, there is another FULL album of STM in vaults.  They will never release everything at once.  They're going to milk this baby for a long time.  Then, when you think it's over,  they'll sell you the same score again...and...again.  How much profit do you think they are making now?  It's the same score!  They have to pay whatever royalties but, they are not hiring musicians or composers.  You are eating the same cake.

And still...

When this is truly over...there is a shitload of unused tracks in there.  Williams experimented a zillion times before he got it right.  Take this to the bank:  this is not the end.  Eventually, the "never used STM tracks" will be released.  Lots of familiar sounds, some new stuff, some you might have but, in a different tempo and so on...  35 bucks for the same album with LOUDER sound...don't rob banks, sell cds...

12 hours ago, rough cut said:

Predicting that Superman will get another release somewhere down the line...

Somebody get this guy an award for most insightful post ever.

Thus, I don't understand the urgence everyone has to buy this.  I don't want to tell about my collection because some of you will guess who I am but, I have spent a fortune on music.  Maybe I'm getting old and I don't want to throw my money anymore?  I don't know...just won't pay for something I already haver...

4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I don't want to tell about my collection because some of you will guess who I am

It must be that great philanthropist and film score collector what's-his-name! I've always wanted to meet him.

1 hour ago, anonymous said:

Thus, I don't understand the urgence everyone has to buy this.  I don't want to tell about my collection because some of you will guess who I am but, I have spent a fortune on music.  Maybe I'm getting old and I don't want to throw my money anymore?  I don't know...just won't pay for something I already haver...

Dude, has it ever crossed your mind some people here don't have this score yet?

Why are you so reluctant to reveal your identity? Just tell us who you claim to be and maybe we'll start taking your posts a little more seriously.

That’s why in 10 years from now, when I’m in my 60’s, I won’t be buying the 50th Anniversary edition.

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

OK Townson, game's over.

3 minutes ago, dougie said:

He's probably some catfishing scam.

It's very obvious...large soundtrack collection...knows about the 34 alternate versions of Destruction of Krypton....It's Joseph Williams.Thanks for Dexter's Diner, man!

I'm very excited to listen to this remastered Superman: The Movie. I haven't listened to any samples...I'll just do a straight through listen...can't wait!

So we're told by a troll (and we know how reliable they are) there's a big load of unreleased stuff that's variation and experimentation of the final score. If such stuff exists then it sounds to me that it's rough attempts or rehearsal takes, and is therefore the musical equivalent of a half-baked dinner. i.e. not worth releasing. I figure if this stuff was worth releasing then JW / Warners would have allowed it. Those "bottle cappers" among us who would buy such stuff don't seem a big enough market to justify the cost of a release.

Looking forward to LLL's release and MM's audio magic.

The alternates are the things I listen to once and skip forever after that, so even if there was some weird archive of wild Superman alternates and outtakes that for some reason weren’t included on *three* expansions and a re-recording, but somehow were worth releasing someday, I wouldn’t care.

No matter how many times something was released before, if you mention the combination "MM + complete 1st gen elements found", it will sell because we all know what to expect. It won't sell out in the first 24 or 48 hrs or so, but it will sell a satisfactory amount.

20 minutes ago, phbart said:

if you mention the combination "MM + complete 1st gen elements found"

I have no interest in this score but just hearing about this makes me excited it's out there and available.

15 hours ago, anonymous said:

True.  This one I did not think of but, I doubt anyone does not already have it...

I've never owned it before and it's one of my favourites. Didn't want to spend a fortune on the Blue Box for one out of three scores I'd listen to, didn't buy the McNeely re-recording or the OST because I was buying other scores that I wouldn't have today had I not put Superman in the 'Eh... It can wait' pile.

So don't assume whatever just because this is the JWFan forum.

Oh, if you really wanted to offer some advice or reason to your ramblings, wouldn't it be better to just come out and offer your sources, because right now you just sound like another disingenuous dick.

1 minute ago, dougie said:

I see people writing this a lot. Never understood it since 2, 3 and 4 are fun scores in their own right.

I've only seen the first two films, even now I don't think I'll see the others. Maybe if I have no other choice, and it's forced upon me by some sadistic force.

Yeah, but it's that or catch up on the series and films that are genuinely good and worthwhile. 

I'm not really a 'Super-Freak' I just don't care for the character outside of the Donner film, the score and maybe Superman Returns.

2 hours ago, dougie said:

I see people writing this a lot. Never understood it since 2, 3 and 4 are fun scores in their own right.

I gladly bought this new Superman release and might just buy Superman IV because the samples in that new podcast really sound rather good, but have yet to watch III and IV, and II isn't such a great score that I'd pay for it right now. Don't forget these things are expensive compared to normal CDs.

5 hours ago, pro-arte said:

The Blu box is perfect to my ears, so not need to anther version of this soundtrack...

It's more complete - in every sense.  The next step will be a re-release of the other movies' soundtracks.  If the bluebox recording was not from first-second material, the other movies also were not.  

19 hours ago, El Jefe said:

That’s why in 10 years from now, when I’m in my 60’s, I won’t be buying the 50th Anniversary edition.

If not, like I mentionned, there'll be re-releases of the other movies' soundtracks since ALL of them were not from first-second generation material.

The scores have also never come with hot dogs.  Mark my words, in twelve years we will see each of the Superman scores, from first generation elements, with interesting alternates that are completely unreleased, packaged with one hot dog each.  The Anniversary Hot Dog Edition.  And then you'll know that anonymous was right.

8 minutes ago, mstrox said:

The scores have also never come with hot dogs.  Mark my words, in twelve years we will see each of the Superman scores, from first generation elements, with interesting alternates that are completely unreleased, packaged with one hot dog each.  The Anniversary Hot Dog Edition.  And then you'll know that anonymous was right.

It's more like Sausage Party.

16 minutes ago, Jay said:

Again, I question.  How do you wonderful people of JWFan not understand that if you ignore trolls, they go away?  Why are you continuing to respond to him?

Don't you know how the internet works?

That's your mistake - you're assuming that everybody strongly desires trolls to go away!

Sometimes I do (Star Wars Disenchantment, to the depths of hell).  Sometimes it's just some harmless doofus like this.

• Jay locked this topic