anonymous

anonymous thread

4 hours ago, anonymous said:

It's more complete - in every sense.  The next step will be a re-release of the other movies' soundtracks.  If the bluebox recording was not from first-second material, the other movies also were not.  

If not, like I mentionned, there'll be re-releases of the other movies' soundtracks since ALL of them were not from first-second generation material.

To my ears STM  sounds good and was anoted " For this definitive presentation, the entire recording has been painstakingly remixed and remastered from that first-generation source, yielding the best sound quality ever" . So ...

1 hour ago, dougie said:

For the next release, MM will spin the earth backwards to 1978 and re-record the score using modern technology he took back with him. And spin it back to the present.

I'd be more interested in him asking the LSO to go door to door and play the score live. He has clearly been looking into that!

4 hours ago, King Mark said:

well not exactly. In this case Williams had nothing to do with Superman 2

Au contraire!  No Williams, no Superman score as you know it.  

I'll admit that although I love SII score, it sort of sounds like "jazzed STM score"...

But the original tracks that Thorne composed were exceptional!  

And of Thorne which we lost in 2014 - I wish that we'd had a complete SIII love theme instead of the "composite" versions that we got in Bluebox.

22 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I hope this set lasts a few months at least. I cannot order this at the moment....

Also availlable on monstersinmotion.com

...Bluebox is still availlable in several places too.  I suspect this one will be availlable for years to come!  Many die-hard Superman fans are not shelling AGAIN the money.

17 hours ago, anonymous said:

Also availlable on monstersinmotion.com

...Bluebox is still availlable in several places too.  I suspect this one will be availlable for years to come!  Many die-hard Superman fans are not shelling AGAIN the money.

Years to come? Possibly. 5,000 copies sure sounds like overkill. It's almost like they're releasing yet another Home Alone Deluxe Set, 5,000 copies. 😂 I mean, how many editions of Superman and Home Alone and E.T. can a JW fan be expected to buy in their lifetime....? 

I will shell out the money for this eventually, but not anytime soon. Probably in the summer. 

27 minutes ago, anonymous said:

I am told by my source that this one set is not selling too well.  I hope this will not prevent the 50th anniversary set from coming out.

Oh, naff off.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The Rhino release is Out Of Print.

The Blue Box is Out Of Print.

The full original OST program has never been legally sold in the USA.

Of course a release combining the complete score with the OST should be available for anyone to buy.

The fact it has improved sound and new alternates is just icing on the cake.

No one is forcing anyone to buy it, so no one really has the right to complain.  But this hobby is full of people who like to complain, and there are many outlets for them to complain at.

1-I don't know about the Rhino release.

2-You can still buy Bluebox at several places - do you want links?

3-Where else would you get the original program complete?  And if there is such a place, you can surely order by net.

4-Anyone can buy.

5-I have made my case about this.

6-You can please some people some time, but you can NEVER please any collectors any time...

10 hours ago, anonymous said:

1-I don't know about the Rhino release.

2-You can still buy Bluebox at several places - do you want links?

3-Where else would you get the original program complete?  And if there is such a place, you can surely order by net.

4-Anyone can buy.

5-I have made my case about this.

6-You can please some people some time, but you can NEVER please any collectors any time...

The OST, as presented on LP in 1978, was never released on CD in the US. The CD album that was released omitted two tracks (Growing Up and Lex Luthor's Lair). There was also Japanese release that did have those two on but that's quite difficult to find. So yes, you can theoretically get the full OST on CD but it was never released in the US. 

8 hours ago, ricsim88 said:

I was hoping to get mine today since I ordered within minutes of the announcement. Nothing yet

They said it wouldn't start shipping before the 22nd.

Karol

2 hours ago, dougie said:

It might be a bit out of immediate reach, but a quick eBay search will turn up many results.

I'll tell you what's hard to find and expensive, the Japanese CD release of Superman II and III. I waited about a year for one to show up and finally one did on Amazon for $80, so I picked it up. It's a surprisingly handsome presentation of the music from those two films and a fun listen.

I ended up buying a bootleg of this because at that point in time, I thought they'd never release 2,3 on cd.  Now we have many versions and, as I mentionned, this is not the end. But...the end is in sight.  The reason why this new (or old) set is not selling so well is because of buyer fatigue.  for example, I have given up and I think others too.  I will only buy a new set when something significant is on it.  So, when they come up with the 50th anniversary edition with 5d sound, I will also skip it...

I think it is best to just stop replying to this “anonymous” person. This guy obviously is ignorant, has zero credibility and is just a troll. He or she has been given everything to counter his or her “claims,” directly from the source no less. This guy is just full of s***, and the sooner he or she is ignored, the better.

35 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

I think it is best to just stop replying to this “anonymous” person. This guy obviously is ignorant, has zero credibility and is just a troll. He has been given everything to counter is “claims,” directly from the source no less. This guy is just full of s***, and the sooner he is ignored, the better.

Well, d'huh, you just replied to me...kinda defeats the purpose...which in any case - everything you said was wrong.  I have given valuable info BEFORE the set came out...

9 hours ago, anonymous said:

I will only buy a new set when something significant is on it.

Well, there is something significant on this new set, and you already said you wouldn't buy it (and obviously are on a crusade to try and prevent everyone else from buying it, too, for whatever reason). So you're already contradicting yourself there.

14 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Well, there is something significant on this new set, and you already said you wouldn't buy it (and obviously are on a crusade to try and prevent everyone else from buying it, too, for whatever reason). So you're already contradicting yourself there.

I wouldn't say 35$ for one track or so is significant...  Now, I'm not preventing anyone from buying it and even if I wanted to, how can I prevent anyone from buying it?  Would you explain how I could ever achieve this?  PLEASE BE VERY PRECISE, & CLEAR - WITH ALL STEPS ON THIS - because if you have any sound explaination, I would like to be able to have people send me money.  PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

No one will come back to this thread (or write about it) ever after a few weeks/months but, in a very close future, everyone will think to themselves how right I was.  This is 35$ directly in the pockets of the people who are re-issuing the same dish.  They are not hiring musicians, no composer, etc...  And I do agree that the cover is absolutely GORGEOUS!  But, 35$ is too much for a cover for me...especially when everyone knows for a fact that there'll be more re-re-re-releases.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Repeating ourselves, are we, Steef?

Sorry to contradict, @Amer, but they are not the masters. They are the the original 1st gen. 24-track multi-tapes - the raw ingredients, as it were - which were then mixed down, to form a 2-track master. If you want to hear how the score sounded in the film (because despite what you may have heard, the score was mixed in 6-track magnetic), listen to the iso, on the Blu Ray. Phenomenal.

Good catch!  There is also a dvd edition that features an isolated score but, it is cut to fit the movie - before I give the answer - is there one of you who always criticizes me know the source?  I will tell you if you get it right!

2 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Good catch!  There is also a dvd edition that features an isolated score but, it is cut to fit the movie - before I give the answer - is there one of you who always criticizes me know the source?  I will tell you if you get it right!

Michael Thau?

2 minutes ago, dougie said:

Michael Thau?

No.  No.  Where the source material is from (source)...

Anyhow, I will reveal myself soon - like I mentionned a few posts ago.

So, clues so far...  I mirrored a user from RT forums who posted a lot and used strange punctuation.

New clue:  his name has to do with "god"...(we are getting close to who I am)...

39 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

You're God! So obvious now!

38 minutes ago, dougie said:

Godzilla?

Neither but, you will hate me when I reveal myself.  I will give more clues, then, reveail my username and then - I PROMISE - A PICTURE OF ME.

52 minutes ago, anonymous said:

New clue:  his name has to do with "god"...(we are getting close to who I am)...

Michael Giacchino?

6 minutes ago, anonymous said:

Neither but, you will hate me when I reveal myself.  I will give more clues, then, reveail my username and then - I PROMISE - A PICTURE OF ME.

Bruce Kimmel? 😉

Ok...I'm giving a big bone here...  The name of the user I parodied was called HAMMERGOD.

Does anyone know what my user name was?  Does anyone know what I look like?  

Is this starting to make any sense?  My user name and picture are coming soon.  

IN THREE DAYS.

7 minutes ago, Holko said:

Hot damn, this is more tense than a LLL Black Friday!

I will be banned, I will be hated.  

Two things for sure:

1-I PROMISE 100% EVERYONE, NO EXCEPTION, EVERYONE WILL BE SURPRISED BY MY PICTURE.

2-I PROMISE 100% EVERYONE, NO EXCEPTION, EVERYONE WILL RECONIZE ME.

(No, I am not Donald Trump...I am not a celebrity of any kind - THIS IS NOT A JOKE - but, yes, even if it makes no sense now - EVERYONE WILL RECOGNIZE ME).

18 minutes ago, Richard said:

It's Disco Stu!

That green-blooded sonofabitch! It's his revenge, for all those arguments he lost!

This is the best post of this whole thread.

THE TRUTH REVEALED WEDNESDAY 5PM (EASTERN TIME).

17 minutes ago, anonymous said:

This is the best post of this whole thread.

THE TRUTH REVEALED WEDNESDAY 5PM (EASTERN TIME).

Thanks for letting me know when to avoid your posts.

2 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Thanks for letting me know when to avoid your posts.

I hate to be the one to tell you but, my posts stay on the forum even when I log off...

9 minutes ago, Bryant Burnette said:

Just ignore the guy (by which I mean set his posts to "ignore.")  It's easy and rewarding.

Well...you want me to postpone Wednesday?