The high resolution album art request thread

I'm one of the poor sods that cannot access AAX due to the ridiculous Blockscript nonsense.

If anyone could be so kind, I'm looking for a high quality replacement cover for the OST When a Man Loves a Woman as the used copy I recently purchased has bad water damage. I've struggled to find a high quality one on the Internet so would be grateful if someone wouldn't mind looking on AAX for me?

Depending on the response here, thought this thread might prove useful for the rest of us that can't access AAX.

Thanks in advance :)

10 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Why not just use Google?

What's AAX?

"I've struggled to find a high quality one on the Internet"

It's in the thread title :)

The only large one I can find on Google is poor in quality:

1000004000355644.jpg

I've tried a few times to register on AAX, and I've never received the validation email. Anyone else run into this issue? I haven't been able to find a working email address to contact the site owner for help.

@JTWfan77 I sent you a PM 

For the others out there here's the link

https://www.albumartexchange.com/covers/154168-raggedy-man?fltr=ALL&sort=TITLE&q=Raggedy+Man

Another place I sometimes look is MusicBrainz... it's not as good of a scan but if you are like me and add multiple art files to your meta tags they often have the backs etc.

https://musicbrainz.org/release/d9893b03-e75a-4619-9ad3-ba8204ac5dc0/cover-art

They actually had a scan of the entire blue box book on there... which I'm not too sure about for copyright reasons but for me who wanted to read it on my ipad without taking the book with me everywhere I went it was great. 

EDIT: https://musicbrainz.org/release/c3921710-12ef-4fec-8b94-886853c51e9f/cover-art

See what I mean... who would crush their poor book like this to get that scan?

• 7 months later...

Hi JTWfan77, it's andrewz here. Let me invite you to my High Quality Album Arts gallery. Apart from many other soundtracks, it also includes cover of When a Man Loves a Woman (Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Zbigniew Preisner. I hope you'll find the quality good enough. Remember that it is an older movie and that it is difficult to find the photo used on the cover in top notch quality, although I believe the upgrade in quality over the image from AAX is significant. To get the best quality, use this link, click the "three dots" symbol and select "Download".

Fv8wEQGFNBOfC5hz22iO4WtuHYdBSX66zx96_ZYF

On 11/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, andrewz said:

Hi JTWfan77, it's andrewz here. Let me invite you to my High Quality Album Arts gallery. Apart from many other soundtracks, it also includes cover of When a Man Loves a Woman (Music from the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Zbigniew Preisner. I hope you'll find the quality good enough. Remember that it is an older movie and that it is difficult to find the photo used on the cover in top notch quality, although I believe the upgrade in quality over the image from AAX is significant.

Thank you much andrewz for the link and especially for When a Man Lives a Woman, that is a superb quality cover! Much appreciated!

Will you be adding more ST covers to your gallery in the future?

8 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Thank you much andrewz for the link and especially for When a Man Lives a Woman, that is a superb quality cover! Much appreciated!

Will you be adding more ST covers to your gallery in the future? 

Thanks for your kind words, it made me feel that my effort was worth it. :-) I had to make extensive reconstruction.

What does "ST" mean? Soundtracks? I'll be adding covers which are not already online in good quality, which are reconstructable (most soundtracks fortunately are) and which will give me fun when putting them together. Any specific requests?

On 11/6/2019 at 8:55 PM, JTWfan77 said:

@andrewz first requests:

Many thanks :)

I wanted to ignore your request first, because you picked covers that (due to generic design) do not look very nice, but since I'm a nice guy, I accepted it and here is work-in-progress version of Dennis the Menace soundtrack. :-) (I used this original as a reference.) Unfortunately, I was not able to recognize the font of "Original Soundtrack From" and "Music Composed And Conducted By" signs, so I had to use lower quality raster sources I found online. In order to make this text razor sharp, I would need higher quality sample. If the quality below is OK for you, I will finish this in a few days and move forward to The Pelican Brief. ;)

I1wZoQqmrQlYjnEAg3lLJ_w_R0AycILEVg-1pJVM

Don't be shy to come with another requests, but pick something that won't hurt my eyes please. :) 

Thanks andrewz, that is fantastic!! Superb quality and execution. Apologies for choosing a fugly cover, if you wanted to apply some revisionist changes I would not be averse to that at all ;)

Thanks so much!

@andrewz since you did such an incredible job with When a Man Loves a Woman, I was wondering whether you would be up for recreating the inner cover, as mine has severe water damage as you can see below:

IMG_20190625_1936277~3.jpgIMG_20190625_1936100~2.jpg

Only if you feel like doing it, I know it's a big ask and not terribly exciting :)

22 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

@andrewz since you did such an incredible job with When a Man Loves a Woman, I was wondering whether you would be up for recreating the inner cover, as mine has severe water damage as you can see below:

IMG_20190625_1936277~3.jpgIMG_20190625_1936100~2.jpg

Only if you feel like doing it, I know it's a big ask and not terribly exciting :)

Could you make photo or scan of the bottom strip with credits in higher quality? You can even make several photos, so that I could put them together. I already obtained photos used on the inlay in high quality, but the text part is pretty difficult to do.

Before we move forward, you will have to settle with this. :-)

R-6144713-1475631359-2805.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Ah thanks so much for that @andrewz that is perfect, not to worry about the text, I'm sure when I print this it will look fine.

Leave your printer off for a little longer. I contacted a guy who owns the record and he will send me higher quality images. ;-) The text will be sharper the next time I will make a post. :-)

IjgyBwf6O0iYJr57eWr-Slmnu-34bqmm94-aYuUT

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, JTWfan77. Here is the final inlay for When a Man Loves a Woman. I was not able to obtain high quality scan as expected, so I reconstructed it using almost the same font.

I also updated my regular High Quality Album Arts gallery. It contains covers of soundtracks from Dennis the Menace, The Pelican Brief, For Love or Money and Bopha! now, all having similar designs due to coming from the same publisher – Big Screen Records. Links can be found here, just use your build-in browser search tool.

FxGKPLCLBa3TWM_o8jMLK1Q_Hw91BZfYL1TldV6E

Is there any BEAUTIFUL soundtrack cover that is not available online in good quality? I may have a look at it some day... :-)

2 hours ago, andrewz said:

Sorry for the delay, JTWfan77. Here is the final inlay for When a Man Loves a Woman. I was not able to obtain high quality scan as expected, so I reconstructed it using almost the same font.

I also updated my regular High Quality Album Arts gallery. It contains covers of soundtracks from Dennis the Menace, The Pelican Brief, For Love or Money and Bopha! now, all having similar designs due to coming from the same publisher – Big Screen Records. Links can be found here, just use your build-in browser search tool.

Is there any BEAUTIFUL soundtrack cover that is not available online in good quality? I may have a look at it some day... :-)

Thank you so much andrewz, this is very kind of you. Your effort is very much appreciated!

• 4 months later...

@andrewz if I may, I would like to humbly request that you please recreate the album art for Charles Gerhardt's Close Encounters / Star Wars RCA Red Seal album, if you are willing.

Here is an example, good quality scans are hard to find:

LP:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlebFslnvrs9N98EsN2Nq

CD:

national-philharmonic-orchestra-music-fr

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Kühni said:

Is AAX down?

I have no idea, but Blockscript has prevented me from accessing it for the past five or six years.

On 3/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, JTWfan77 said:

@andrewz if I may, I would like to humbly request that you please recreate the album art for Charles Gerhardt's Close Encounters / Star Wars RCA Red Seal album, if you are willing.

Many thanks!

Challenge accepted. Give me few days, please.

3 hours ago, andrewz said:

Challenge accepted. Give me few days, please.

Many thanks, much appreciated, and please take your time :)

13 hours ago, HunterTech said:

Works fine for me currently

In prior years it used to show me the Blockscript page:

IMG_20200411_150101.jpg

but for the last 12-18 months my browser just hangs when I try to access the site before eventually timing out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 10:09 PM, JTWfan77 said:

Here is an example, good quality scans are hard to find:

LP:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlebFslnvrs9N98EsN2Nq

CD:

national-philharmonic-orchestra-music-fr

Many thanks!

Here you are: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oSYqvYhFGdpDjW1v5

If you have any suggestions, let me know. I might revisit the cover in the future, as I do with most covers I put in my gallery.

1 hour ago, andrewz said:

Here you are: https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP0rDQSDJsOviDJm9kwLIYs3xdNwRwY7URev1O6-JfErn1oKAhplqmtjxCJiQTjWA/photo/AF1QipMrXsqh3m9kvImQrCqKYlt6F_nhAXewvdZKPZyJ?key=aTNZcXRISjJmcmRDQUdtLVlfZ0JCUzF0RmdyaTN3

If you have any suggestions, let me know. I might revisit the cover in the future, as I do with most covers I put in my gallery.

Wow, that is gorgeous work! I have nothing but praise for your work on this, it looks magnificent and I have no suggestions to improve it!

Thank you so much andrewz for this, it shall take pride of place in my digital library for the very first score album I ever acquired at the tender age of 5 years :)

If I may ask, which font did you use for the titling? I tried to find a match online to no avail.

Many thanks again

9 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Wow, that is gorgeous work! I have nothing but praise for your work on this, it looks magnificent and I have no suggestions to improve it!

Thank you so much andrewz for this, it shall take pride of place in my digital library for the very first score album I ever acquired at the tender age of 5 years :)

If I may ask, which font did you use for the titling? I tried to find a match online to no avail.

Many thanks again

You are welcome. White and purple titles use different font – look at the shape of character "C". Regarding white titles, I used font called Bolt and slightly customized it. Regarding purple titles, I was not able to find the font used, so I retouched it glyph by glyph. Based on my experience, the best tool to recognize font is https://www.findmyfont.com .

• 2 months later...

Hi, I saw the awesome work above and wondered if I can ask for 3 requests?

If you have the time and/or feel like doing it, you would do me a big favor!

The requests are:

Jerry Lee Lewis - Last Man Standing Live (2007, CD)

R-7864155-1455271613-9616.jpeg.jpg

Herman Brood & His Wild Romance - Bühnensucht (1985, LP)

herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-buhnen

Little Richard - Live in Europe 1993 (2015, CD)

little-richard-2015-live-in-europe-1993-

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Ronan Postulart said:

Hi, I saw the awesome work above and wondered if I can ask for 3 requests?

If you have the time and/or feel like doing it, you would do me a big favor!

The requests are:

Jerry Lee Lewis - Last Man Standing Live (2007, CD)

Herman Brood & His Wild Romance - Bühnensucht (1985, LP)

Little Richard - Live in Europe 1993 (2015, CD)

Thank you!

Hello, Ronan.

Jerry Lee Lewis - entire reconstruction is viable. I'm pretty confident that 2500×2500 px (if not more) digital quality result is possible.

Herman Brood - I can upscale and clean other 900×900 px scan/photo of the same cover, it could look good in 1200×1200 px resolution.

Little Richard - I'm sorry, there is very little I can do. It is an unofficial release and there are no source materials available online. I can smooth out background photo and tune colors, but that's it.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Best regards

andrewz

Thanks a lot for your reply, I'm really hyped haha.

I've had these CD's for a long time, and I would like to put them in my digital archive with nice looking covers that resemble the originals as much as possible, that's why I reached out! So the answer to your question, do whatever you're good at, the only thing I like is that they resemble the original covers as much as possible :). For the Little Richard CD, I have the CD with me so I can make a scan of it if that's easier for you.

Best regards,

Ronan Postulart

On 7/15/2020 at 3:52 PM, Ronan Postulart said:

Thanks a lot for your reply, I'm really hyped haha.

I've had these CD's for a long time, and I would like to put them in my digital archive with nice looking covers that resemble the originals as much as possible, that's why I reached out! So the answer to your question, do whatever you're good at, the only thing I like is that they resemble the original covers as much as possible :). For the Little Richard CD, I have the CD with me so I can make a scan of it if that's easier for you.

Best regards,

Ronan Postulart

The better the source material, the better the result. If you could make several photos of the same cover (with emphasis on labels except Jerry Lee Lewis – that is Headline font for sure, so I can generate it from scratch) under homogeneous light conditions, I could put them together. Based on my experience, home scanners do pretty poor job, but you can try both scanner and a camera and we will see what gives better results. Meanwhile, I can prepare labels for the Jerry Lee Lewis cover in case I have some free time until you send me that source material.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, andrewz said:

Hello, Ronan.

Jerry Lee Lewis - entire reconstruction is viable. I'm pretty confident that 2500×2500 px (if not more) digital quality result is possible.

Herman Brood - I can upscale and clean other 900×900 px scan/photo of the same cover, it could look good in 1200×1200 px resolution.

Little Richard - I'm sorry, there is very little I can do. It is an unofficial release and there are no source materials available online. I can smooth out background photo and tune colors, but that's it.

Let me know what you want me to do.

Best regards

andrewz

I already found a good cover for the Herman Brood cover, so that one isn't needed anymore :)

On 7/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, Ronan Postulart said:

Oh I also noticed one single little error in this cover, the L is missing in 'Shake, Rattle and Roll, the size and quality is good, the only thing is that the L is missing

100000x100000-999.jpg

I noticed more backlogs than just missing letter, but if you prefer just fixing this issue, here you go.

Good job finding better quality versions! As you wish, I will omit Herman Brood cover.

If you could make some more source material for Little Richard cover, that would be great.

6 hours ago, andrewz said:

I noticed more backlogs than just missing letter, but if you prefer just fixing this issue, here you go.

Good job finding better quality versions! As you wish, I will omit Herman Brood cover.

If you could make some more source material for Little Richard cover, that would be great.

Wow, great job! One question, why did you remove the labels? They are on the original cover if i'm correct. Oh I also saw that you corrected the placing of some letters in song titles, but on the original they are just like the one I send you, the scratch removal en contrast are perfect tho, only the changing of letter etc are less perfect. :) Much thanks tho! And maybe on the Herman Brood cover, just remove the little scratches, I have found some great scans of some of the Herman Brood covers (unfortunatly his digital discography has very poor quality and incorrect album covers). So if you ever find some time or if you are bored:

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-frisz-und-sympatiz-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-the-brood-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-go-nutz-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-modern-times-revive-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-the-best-of-herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-broods-flash-and-dance-band-showbiz-blues-ab.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18492.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18489.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18494.jpg

For the Herman Brood one, I think these are the best scans: (btw, this is the album cover I want the most + the Jerry Lee Lewis one)

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-buhnensucht-ab.jpg

http://www.heyjoecovers.fr/images/bigpict/herman_brood_lp_buhnensucht_front.jpg

Thank you for hearing all my ramblin' out haha, I'm super glad that I found someone who repairs album covers by request, I've been searching for a long time. I know I maybe asked a lot, but just do what you wanna do. If it requires payment, let me know. The Herman Brood: Buhnensucht and the Jerry Lee Lewis: Odd Man In covers have the most priority for me. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ronan Postulart said:

Wow, great job! One question, why did you remove the labels? They are on the original cover if i'm correct. Oh I also saw that you corrected the placing of some letters in song titles, but on the original they are just like the one I send you, the scratch removal en contrast are perfect tho, only the changing of letter etc are less perfect. :) Much thanks tho! And maybe on the Herman Brood cover, just remove the little scratches, I have found some great scans of some of the Herman Brood covers (unfortunatly his digital discography has very poor quality and incorrect album covers). So if you ever find some time or if you are bored:

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-frisz-und-sympatiz-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-the-brood-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-go-nutz-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-modern-times-revive-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-the-best-of-herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-ab.jpg

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-broods-flash-and-dance-band-showbiz-blues-ab.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18492.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18489.jpg

https://www.musicmeter.nl/images/cover/18000/18494.jpg

For the Herman Brood one, I think these are the best scans: (btw, this is the album cover I want the most + the Jerry Lee Lewis one)

https://images.45worlds.com/f/ab/herman-brood-and-his-wild-romance-buhnensucht-ab.jpg

http://www.heyjoecovers.fr/images/bigpict/herman_brood_lp_buhnensucht_front.jpg

Thank you for hearing all my ramblin' out haha, I'm super glad that I found someone who repairs album covers by request, I've been searching for a long time. I know I maybe asked a lot, but just do what you wanna do. If it requires payment, let me know. The Herman Brood: Buhnensucht and the Jerry Lee Lewis: Odd Man In covers have the most priority for me. Thanks!