Nowhere Man and The Visitor

Jurassic Shark

Yes, of course!

Quite liked both shows at the time. NOWHERE MAN a bit more than THE VISITOR, perhaps, but both are nostalgic favourites. Wonder how they would have held up today, had I rewatched them.

THE VISITOR is my HOLIEST of HOLY GRAIL scores. 

David Arnold's hidden gem of a score. Very much an extension of his more tender material from Independence Day, with a bit of an X Files synthesized twist. 

Been banging the drum to get it released just as Lokutus has on the FSM board. We are literally the only two who ever mention it. 

It's still my favorite television score in existence. 

NOWHERE MAN is smack in the middle of Snow's X-FILES sound, of course. Those two and MILLENNIUM were born of the same ilk. Not all was equally great, but there's a fine album hiding in there somewhere.

Yea pretty much.  Like a lot of shows from that time if they could have just gotten renewed the second season likely would have been an improvement

33 minutes ago, Thor said:

Arnold only did the pilot, but yes -- it's a great one, very much in the mold you speak of.

Exactly. The pilot score is all I would love for LLL to make an album of. The finale cues are gorgeous. 

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Absolutely loved that show; was cut off waaaaay too early. I have a promo of the pilot score -- superb, expansive theme by Bergeaud, although the rest of the score is rather harsh and dissonant. But should definitely have a soundtrack album.

[Edit: Damn it, after checking, it seems I lost that promo in my harddisk crash a year ago, and my CD-R was thrown away years ago when it started skipping. Need to re-acquire it somehow]

51 minutes ago, Thor said:

I can't remember. On a cliffhanger, probably. Perhaps NL 197 remembers.

The show ended with Adam going "on trial" by other abductees who debated over whether he helped or hindered in his plans to open people's abilities. Characters from past episodes returned to basically offer testimony.

Colonel Vise was injured and Adam saved his life only wanting Vise to leave him alone, and telling him that he's not a threat. 

The FBI team were investigated (I think it was all the otherworldly stuff was too much to take with credibility) and they were taken off the case. I can't recall if it was a firing or reassignment. 

The last scene I remember is Adam vowing to keep searching for his son (I don't remember if he ever found that he died or not) and helping others while walking away on a beach. 

So the show did have a proper ending, just a heavily rushed one.