The End of Hook

jwb1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:01 AM, Brundlefly said:

I'm quite sure that all 8 cues from The Ultimate War were intended to be one single piece and the 4 cues from Remembering Childhood as well. I don't think that Rufio should be connected with From Mermaids to Lost Boys. But I'm not sure about Arrival at Neverland and Presenting the Hook. Should the cues "I'll Take Those Shoes" and "Show Me the Hook" be connected?

"Arrival At Neverland" and "Presenting The Hook" are separate.  "I'll Take Those Shoes" and "Show Us Your Hook" are meant to be joined together like in the film.

Pick Em Up has never leaked at all, but obviously can be ripped from the film itself, though then it has sound effects.

The song was clearly edited down from the full recording, it's obvious if you watch the film and see how the footage is cut, if you listen and hear how some portions repeat more than other portions, or check of the full lyrics which are posted here and contain many parts not heard in the final film:

https://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtd.asp?ppn=MN0026518

The actual Cornucopia Insert used in the final film has never leaked.  The insert on the old boot was a completely different take than what was used in the film, and the 2012 leak didn't contain any take of the Insert at all.

it sounds best on the Concorde boot

It's weird because all of the concorde boot sounds distorted EXCEPT the cornocupia insert where the music suddenly sounds c.d. quality instead of a cassette

(I think there's 2 takes on that boot with the insert , not sure if they both sound good but I remember specifically using one of them that was easier to edit out)

any ideas why?

I think the whole boot was made with a shit source and they managed to find the insert in good quality and edited that in

How ironic that the 2012 leak didn't have the famed Cornucopia insert, yet in the previous boot it was the only thing that sounded good (while the rest of the boot sounded awful). 

IMO it's not a coincidence that the 2012 boot featured crisp, clean versions of the exact cues contained on the missing (probs stolen) session tapes. The question now is whether MM was able to find alternative legitimate sources that weren't found in 2012, and whether such a search was far enough down the pipeline to avoid Sony's third party licensing ban. 

like I said the Concorde boot sound awful except the insert

you can easily tell with headphones

Most Hook  fan edits "out there" use the OTHER bootleg insert, which sounds bad

11 hours ago, Ghostbusters II said:

Listening to the entirety of the awful sounding bootlegs of The Last Crusade and Hook was a true test of endurance.

You got that right.

8 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

You people really are overreacting about the Concorde boot sound.

I tried playing it about a year ago and was shocked at how bad the noise reduction artefacts make it sound.