Severin Murray's Top 18 Favorite Movies

Apparently, a celebrity was reported as listing off his favorite film scores, to the delight of millions of enchanted fans. And thus, compelling discussion was ignited! But why not add fuel to this fire? Surely my taste in film will captivate all the readers in this community, just as the choice of favorite scores by today's other greatest living/non-retired film composer (besides Christopher Young) dazzled us ever so! But why not my favorite film scores, you naively question? Well, alas, I tend to associate older scores with 'crappy sound quality' and 're-recordings that rarely sound as good as the original in terms of performance' in terms of isolated listening, so I felt my list of favorite scores would lack some amount of variety. 

Discuss, my chummy charitable cherubs! And no, this isn't ranked. And yes, you may seize the opportunity to share your own list of favorite films, if you are able to accept your list will most indubitably be inferior to mine. 

Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

Harry and Tonto (1974)

Mighty Joe Young (1949)

Return of the Living Dead (1985)

Allegro Non Troppo (1977)

Sons of the Desert (1933)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad (1949)

Night of the Hunter (1955)

Frankenhooker (1990)

Martin (1978)

Son of Paleface (1952)

Suspiria (1977)

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)

Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)

Lifeforce (1985)

Theatre of Blood (1973)

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

I've seen 2 and love both: Suspiria and Bride of Frankenstein. Oh, and Theatre of Blood which I totally forgot.

Certainly a few oddball titles on your favourite movies list, Kasey.

We're all kinda doing this now already, in the "Top 10 movies by decade" thread.

31 minutes ago, Richard said:

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER :thumbup:

LIFEFORCE :lol: 

That is pure, unadulterated crap, but it's so much fun to watch! Have you got the Blu? Two versions, and two iso scores! Back of the net!

I like that naked chick and you can see her fanny hairs.

13 hours ago, Kasey Kockroach said:

Allegro Non Troppo (1977)

I had to look this up on IMDB... and it certainly sounds interesting!

An enthusiastic filmmaker thinks he's come up with a totally original idea: animation set to classical music! When he is informed that some American named "Prisney" (or something) has already done it, he decides to do his own version, using an orchestra comprising mostly old ladies and an animator he's kept locked in a dungeon. Several different classical pieces are animated, while the animator plots his escape. 

Look online, I suppose! I've had my copy for many years, so I have no idea if it's hard to find nowadays. Hopefully you can find it with English subtitles included, but if not, rest assured, it's still perfectly watchable with just visuals alone.