Alan Silvestri's AVENGERS: ENDGAME (2019)

On 6/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Edmilson said:

Silvestri does bring back a lot of small moments from his previous Marvel scores for some reason. 

For example, in Endgame, the battle between Wanda and Thanos is scored with a little motif heard on the climax of The Avengers:

2:25 - 2:54

2:29 to 2:56

Don't know why he connected these two apparently unrelated scenes, but it does happen a lot on Endgame.

If I were to venture a guess, I would say the connection of that passage from The Avengers to Endgame is the Avengers are fighting for the fate of the entire universe against the very same forces who attacked New York years ago. It was Thanos who lent Loki his Chitauri army to aid him in conquering Earth in exchange for the Space Stone (Tesseract).

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not sure if this has been discussed already or whether this is the appropriate place to discuss it but AS did a very interesting interview with the Empire Magazine podcast in April. There were lots of interested tidbits about Endgame, Ready Player One, and there’s also a very touching story involving Danny Elfman. I don’t have a link but it’s available on any decent podcast platform.

12 hours ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure if this has been discussed already or whether this is the appropriate place to discuss it but AS did a very interesting interview with the Empire Magazine podcast in April. There were lots of interested tidbits about Endgame, Ready Player One, and there’s also a very touching story involving Danny Elfman. I don’t have a link but it’s available on any decent podcast platform.

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23514-the-alan-silvestri-thread/&do=findComment&comment=1805998

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't really know WTF happened to this recording, since the movie is clearly using another mix. LSO sounds flat and uninspiring, there is a distortion heard in the right channel sometimes. Same is happened to Ready Player One and Infinity War, last one suffers especially.

But if you compare original Avengers which was recorded with LSO too with godawful album version of Endgame when it quotes the music from the first one, difference is the night and day. Original is punchy, vibrant and dynamic and Endgame... Meh. I mean, even quotes from First Avenger which is not LSO sounds better on the OG album too.

I wonder who mixed all this stuff...