Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker TEASER Discussion

Jay

For the time being, let's contain all discussion of the trailer to this thread.  Any other news that comes out about the film can be discussed in the existing Episode 9 thread.  

There's also this thread in the JW subforum to talk specifically about the music heard in this teaser.

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Really all it needs is Ewoks, right Alex! ;)

Seeing Lando behind the steering wheel was very reminiscent of ROTJ, yes.

I liked the desert segment in the beginning of the teaser. We need more Jedi action, less everything else.

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hard to come to any conclusions based on that teaser but Palpatine’s cackle at the end is certainly interesting. I wonder how big a role (if any) he’ll play.

Well, he has to play a big role

5 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

And more desert, like the first act of ROTJ. Is that wreckage we see a Deathstar/Starkiller? 

Sigh....

Well JJ was pretty nostalgia driven during TFA so I imagine it’ll be more of the same in TRoS.

Rey has taken all the powers of the force possible!

Who's BB8's pal at 1:20?

Who am I partnering with?!

1 hour ago, dougie said:

Still not as good as the Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailers.

Only because it doesn't have Clair de Lune in it.

Watched the trailer, loved it, especially the beginning part in the desert. Loved the trailerfied defilement of Williams' classic themes, I had a grin on my head when I heard what they did to Leia's theme, it made the hairs on my arms stand up. I like the title, this movie looks really good! 

Totally expecting it to be a thoroughly meh experience by the time I see it and I'll have no doubt forgotten what happened in it by this time next year. 

1 minute ago, Quintus said:

Watched the trailer, loved it, especially the beginning part in the desert. Loved the trailerfied defilement of Williams' classic themes, I had a grin on my head when I heard what they did to Leia's theme, it made the hairs on my arms stand up. I like the title, this movie looks really good! 

Totally expecting it to be a thoroughly meh experience by the time I see it and I'll have no doubt forgotten what happened in it by this time next year. 

More or less my thoughts as well

9 minutes ago, dougie said:

Anyone else see the teaser?

I'm going to watch it again when the kid comes home but I only liked the desert segment and fear I will fall asleep during the third act when the three major plot lines are intertwined into a giant climax. 

So it sounds like the plot to this was lifted from A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors, where they had to find Freddy's bones and destroy them with holy water. Maybe we'll find out Palpy's mum was a nun.